Competitions 2016 Dockers Buddy draft - Register interest here

Remove this Banner Ad

Post #2 of this thread has been updated with the picks per round.

Is everyone's preference to start this in early December once the rookie draft is completed or wait until people have finished holidays and start this picks from Jan 1st?
Sooner the better I reckon

Is everyone's preference to start this in early December once the rookie draft is completed or wait until people have finished holidays and start this picks from Jan 1st?
Get it going early before all our players get injured at music festivals over the break.

Yeah get over after all drafting is sorted. Whatever may come, comes re. inj etc.
After all, whats a Buddy for if not to guide through the rough patches!

I don't mind having pick #28.

Anyone that takes Luke Strnadica before my pick will have certain tactics unleashed on them mercilessly!:)

So is anyone keen on trading future picks for my crap pick this year?
I'll go you one better... give me pick 135 and I'll give you Rhys Palmer ;)

PALMER%20Rhys%20Carlton.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry guys, been under the pump. Will get the dates and times sent out tonight.

I'll be on holidays as of the end of this week and back in WA so will have plenty of time to manage the draft.

First round will kick off on Saturday 10th from 5pm WST. and go in 24 hour blocks like last year.

It is understood the Taylor FC recruitment team are facing a decision between Griffin Logue and Cameron McCarthy for pick #1 in the buddy draft of 2016.

Known for favouring 190cm + options TFC has been heavily committed to Michael Barlow until his shock shoulder injury from carrying the weight of expectation mid season.

"We thank Michael for his commitment and hard work during his time with TFC" Daniel Craig, TFC list manager, mentioned at a press conference this morning. "But we must move on and the recruitment team has decided to proceed with our plans for rebuilding with fresh faces destined for regular best twenty two appearances."

Logue was the 8th pick in the AFL national draft in Sydney last month and represents a world of potential roles with his elite athletism and key position size allowing him to play anywhere on the ground.

"Yes, we are definitely considering Logue - we expect him to be ready for senior football immediately and his versatility could see him slot into any holes open in the senior team."

McCarthy was the 14th selection in the 2013 draft that saw Fremantle pick up fellow tall forward Michael Apeness.

"We see Cam as a plug and play forward option for Fremantle showing his ability in 2015 at GWS playing a secondary or tertiary tall forward position and we believe Fremantle's forward line has a place for him, especially after they have invested such a high draft selection in trading for him."

McCarthy spent all of 2015 outside of football but Craig holds no fears for his ability to step straight back in.

"Our conversations with Cam have constantly reinforced our opinion that his hunger and drive are as strong as ever, we know he has been training before preseason and has displayed his trademark natural talent in the preseason proper."

The Fremantle Buddy Draft begins on the 10th of December with the first round of selections.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back