MVP 2016 Doig Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Find it interesting again: That is an average of 1,82/game (out of a possible 5)from each coach for Neale. What is he supposed to do to get 5? 60 disposals and 4 goals? Sure our season was abysmal, but still feels low for me...
Voting by the coaches is on a different basis, the emphasis is on adherence to the game plan. Hence why Pav polled so high. Also, Lachie mentioned in his acceptance speech he needed to improve his tackling.

Voting by the coaches is on a different basis, the emphasis is on adherence to the game plan. Hence why Pav polled so high. Also, Lachie mentioned in his acceptance speech he needed to improve his tackling.
perhaps, but even taking this into account it feels low. In the end adherence to the game plan means nothing when a player cannot beat an opponent or hit targets. Even the best gameplan will need players to play as well...

Find it interesting again: That is an average of 1,82/game (out of a possible 5)from each coach for Neale. What is he supposed to do to get 5? 60 disposals and 4 goals? Sure our season was abysmal, but still feels low for me...
I am not privy to the voting system, but each assistant coach may vote according to what area of the ground they manage. I would suggest a forwards coach (for instance) is too busy looking at forward leading patterns and work rate to notice what is happening in the midfield or defence, and therefore it would be difficult to vote accordingly.

I am not privy to the voting system, but each assistant coach may vote according to what area of the ground they manage. I would suggest a forwards coach (for instance) is too busy looking at forward leading patterns and work rate to notice what is happening in the midfield or defence, and therefore it would be difficult to vote accordingly.
So they give them minimum votes?

I'd distribute votes like:

5: In the mix for Brownlow votes.
4: Good game
3. Played his role solidly
2: Played his role
1: Had a bad game
0: Had a shocker

Means Neale would get around 200 votes from the 9 game he got votes, and most his other game were hardly shockers.

Weller did not make the top ten means he is averaging less then 0,58votes/game: Was his season that bad?

Perhaps the coaching staff has agreed on a maximum vote for a losing side, like you can't get more then 1 in a losing side...

So they give them minimum votes?

I'd distribute votes like:

5: In the mix for Brownlow votes.
4: Good game
3. Played his role solidly
2: Played his role
1: Had a bad game
0: Had a shocker

Means Neale would get around 200 votes from the 9 game he got votes, and most his other game were hardly shockers.

Weller did not make the top ten means he is averaging less then 0,58votes/game: Was his season that bad?

Perhaps the coaching staff has agreed on a maximum vote for a losing side, like you can't get more then 1 in a losing side...
No I would say the forwards coach gives his 5,4,3,2,1 votes to solely those who played in the forward line, midfield coach similar. Ross would mostly likely give overall votes for the whole team.

So there would be some coaches that gave Neale zero votes in games he played well because they didn't even see him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back