List Mgmt. 2016 Draft discussion - PSD & RD Monday, Nov 28 4pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we might need to remove 27 from the title.

Not yet! If we could pull off something where we keep our 2nd round pick this year and still manage to bring in Hibberd it will be a massive win.

Getting pretty excited about pick 99. I wonder who is available? I guess I try to find 100 youtube highlights clips of under 18yo dudes and invest in the second worst of them.

Getting pretty excited about pick 99. I wonder who is available? I guess I try to find 100 youtube highlights clips of under 18yo dudes and invest in the second worst of them.

We could even sign a Fitzpatrick type!

Early days and we don't know what our picks will be (first pick could be pick 45ish), but here are two players that have caught my eye.

Alex Witherden (186cm 80kg)
17 yo Geelong Falcons half-back, lots of potential but missed a lot of this year with a broken leg. Expected to be a second rounder but could slide. Not overly athletic but a smart composed player whose an excellent kick.

Max Lynch (200cm 96kg)
Peter Ladhams is the main ruckman everyone is talking about but I reckon this guy has more versatility of being able to contribute around the ground/maybe play up forward one day. No idea where he'll get drafted, but probably more of a later pick or even rookie, really depends on the recruiters. Played 11 TAC games, kicked 3 goals, took some good contested grabs and featured in the bests for Murray Bushrangers in 4 of them. Also another ruckman named Max can't hurt :p

If hes names Max and he's 200cm ; hes a sure thing. Up the trees

Easy. Whomever it turns out to be, make up a story and then convince yourself with it that the player is actually the best in the draft and deliberately screwed up their interview / psych test / combine results or whatever because they were only prepared to play at MFC. And post that everywhere on Bigfooty.

(Seems to be the way Essendon fans play it, anyway)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many list spots do we have left? Any further delisting coming?

From memory we need to use three picks at the ND, a number that includes rookie upgrades. So basically we need three spots on our main list.

Delisting Grimes, M. Jones & Terlich gave us three spots. Two of those have now been filled by Hibberd and Lewis.

Assuming Dunn goes that leaves us two spots free on the main list at the end of the trade period. We will then need to delist at least one more player (likely Dawes) to fulfill the three picks required.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back