2016 Draft discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

2016draftees2016.jpg

L-R: Jake Barrett, Mitchell Hinge, Oscar McInerney, Corey Lyons, Blake Grewer, Alex Witherden, Jacob Allison, Hugh McCluggage, Cedric Cox and Jarrod Berry pose after their first day on the track as Lions.

Ruse dislikes this

Berry looks like he already has a pre-season and season of footy under his belt.

Love these quotes about Berry, explains his physique and also why he looks suited to the midfield down the track with those testing results:

"In his early teens, Jedda got him out of bed each morning at 7.30, when he'd go outside and do an hour of work on the boxing bag. He’d then use the chin-up bar installed at the back of the house, followed by some weights before breakfast."

And this again:

"The NAB AFL Draft Combine was the end to Berry's year he hoped for. Despite limited preparation because of the bruised kidney, Berry put in an outstanding four days of testing at Etihad Stadium. He won the 3-kilometre time trial (in 9:46 minutes), was a joint winner of the beep test (level 15.1), finished in the top-five in the repeat sprints (24.99 seconds), and in the top-10 for the agility (8.29 seconds), clean hands and kicking tests."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love these quotes about Berry, explains his physique and also why he looks suited to the midfield down the track with those testing results:

"In his early teens, Jedda got him out of bed each morning at 7.30, when he'd go outside and do an hour of work on the boxing bag. He’d then use the chin-up bar installed at the back of the house, followed by some weights before breakfast."

And this again:

"The NAB AFL Draft Combine was the end to Berry's year he hoped for. Despite limited preparation because of the bruised kidney, Berry put in an outstanding four days of testing at Etihad Stadium. He won the 3-kilometre time trial (in 9:46 minutes), was a joint winner of the beep test (level 15.1), finished in the top-five in the repeat sprints (24.99 seconds), and in the top-10 for the agility (8.29 seconds), clean hands and kicking tests."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
with those results Berry is definitely a big bodied mid in the making not a back flanker type. that is an outstanding beep test and 3km time trial for such a big lad.

wonder how he will stack up against our best 3km performer ie. Nick Robertson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still like Berry more as a General from HB. has the height and strength to worry his oponent and the endurance to be an attack HB type player. smarts and leadership coming out of the HB is also good. is the type that would sneak forward to kick goals too.

Witherden i think is a great mid size and i really like the way he moves in traffic. his kicking is talked about but i think he keeps his arms free in tackles and is able to get handballs off well.

I still like Berry more as a General from HB. has the height and strength to worry his oponent and the endurance to be an attack HB type player. smarts and leadership coming out of the HB is also good. is the type that would sneak forward to kick goals too.

Witherden i think is a great mid size and i really like the way he moves in traffic. his kicking is talked about but i think he keeps his arms free in tackles and is able to get handballs off well.
I've got them the other way around. I'd rather have Witherden free to run off an opponent on half back and have Berry fighting for the footy in the midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back