2016 Draft discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Schache not re-committing to us would be a bloody disaster.

Much worse than Prince James pulling the pin because Schache is the guy that virtually said he wanted to play for us before he was drafted.

Imagine the fall-out if he subsequently wants out.

I don't want to even think about it.
Let's not even talk about then shall we?

Hopefully O'meara walks through to the pre season draft now. That would wipe off his smug smile

For those that watch, what are McCluggage's contested skills like? Is he an inside or outside type?

At this stage I am leaning towards Brodie > Ainsworth > SPS > McCluggage but know SFA about McCluggage!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bet we beat the Saints and end up with pick 3...
i wouldn't be too worried with that outcome, very even draft this year, any one of SPS, McGrath, McCluggage, Brodie or Ainsworth could easily go top couple and not surprise too much. we will end up with a potentially very good player with any pick from 1-3.

We don't really know how they'll handle it once in Brisbane but Sam Petrevski-Seton is a Lions fan and Ainsworth is good mates with the likes of Mathieson, Skinner and Keays.
I thought the SPS being a Lions fan thing turned out to be false.

i wouldn't be too worried with that outcome, very even draft this year, any one of SPS, McGrath, McCluggage, Brodie or Ainsworth could easily go top couple and not surprise too much. we will end up with a potentially very good player with any pick from 1-3.
I have Brodie and McCluggage as the clear standout top 2 though and I think most people do as well. Pick 3 is more a risk in SPS or Ainsworth for example.

Would definitely grab OMEARA through PSD if it comes to that to teach the flog a lesson. We could then on trade him for top 10 picks at a later date after we fox his knees up.

Northern Alliance ftw.

Would definitely grab OMEARA through PSD if it comes to that to teach the flog a lesson. We could then on trade him for top 10 picks at a later date after we fox his knees up.
In all seriousness, l would consider it. Risk vs reward.
If we take him, he will be unhappy and it might spread through our playing group which we don't need. However, we could trade him after the 1st year and grab a top 10 (or 2) draft picks for nothing essentially.

I thought the SPS being a Lions fan thing turned out to be false.
Na a bunch of Eagles fans desperately tried to claim he was a West Coast fan because there was a picture of his Dad wearing an Eagles hat but there have been 5 different people that have now stated that SPS is a Lions fan including Cal Twomey so it is safe to assume that it is true I'd imagine.

In all seriousness, l would consider it. Risk vs reward.
If we take him, he will be unhappy and it might spread through our playing group which we don't need. However, we could trade him after the 1st year and grab a top 10 (or 2) draft picks for nothing essentially.
We shouldn't just consider it - we should do it if the opportunity arises (hopefully we don't come last though).

I wouldn't care if he never even bothered to put the Lions polo on and just did a Cam McCarthy. It'd only be for one year on our list. Just trade him for a first round pick in 12 months. It's a free 2017 first round pick essentially. A year's salary for the O'Meara also helps us make minimum cap instead of overpaying spuds too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back