List Mgmt. 2016 Draft discussion - PSD & RD Monday, Nov 28 4pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if hell be on the radar of other clubs.
He's been invited to the combine, and i've heard recruiters have been looking at him

He's been invited to the combine, and i've heard recruiters have been looking at him
I think some sort of Mature Aged Recruit rule should come in that gives teams priority to players that play for their affiliate club. We've put money in these Casey guys development with our coaches down there, and they've learned a lot of our game style and plans etc, just feels like we should get priority to them.

I think some sort of Mature Aged Recruit rule should come in that gives teams priority to players that play for their affiliate club. We've put money in these Casey guys development with our coaches down there, and they've learned a lot of our game style and plans etc, just feels like we should get priority to them.
Completely agree mate. Means they can draft me cheap :p

I think this is a great idea.... However, if Casey were s**t right now I probably would disagree haha. Also, if this were the case Hawthorn and Geelong would start hording all the good players in their VFL sides.

I think this is a great idea.... However, if Casey were s**t right now I probably would disagree haha. Also, if this were the case Hawthorn and Geelong would start hording all the good players in their VFL sides.
Well yeah, i didnt really figure out the finer points.

Tho it probably wouldn't be greatly different to how it is now, it doesn't give a VFL player any more of a guarantee than they have now of getting picked up, it just means that should they be good enough, they'll get easy passage to their affiliate team. If anything, for that reason, the weaker AFL teams would probably have the stronger VFL teams, as you're probably a better chance of being picked up by a team with an average list.

I would say smith will be elevated. The kid reads the play better than some blokes who have been in the system years, is hard at it, has good leap and pace, and a decent shoe. Hoping both are on Melbournes list next year
No reason to rush Smith onto the main list. There will be opportunities to elevate him if his form continues on its trajectory.

No reason to rush Smith onto the main list. There will be opportunities to elevate him if his form continues on its trajectory.
It's not really a rush. He's no less ready to be on the main list than any other rookie.

What about Tim Smith from Casey. Great mark for a relatively small key forward (192cm) and was the key forward for Casey and probably the whole VFL. Also for ruck backup I would much prefer Kahn Haretucu from Port Melbourne than Oscar McInerney

What about Tim Smith from Casey. Great mark for a relatively small key forward (192cm) and was the key forward for Casey and probably the whole VFL. Also for ruck backup I would much prefer Kahn Haretucu from Port Melbourne than Oscar McInerney

Good name, let's get him.

Why's that?
Smith won't get drafted

Why's that?
Smith won't get drafted
If by "Whys that" your talking about Smith I just think he would be much better than Dawes or Pedo and who knows Hogan may leave soon if not this year.
Or if the meant Haretucu I just have seen a fair bit of him and I think he is one of the better VFL rucks, plus what little I've seen of Oscar he doesn't seem very coordinated and perhaps a bit slow while not being overly built/strong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If by "Whys that" your talking about Smith I just think he would be much better than Dawes or Pedo and who knows Hogan may leave soon if not this year.
Or if the meant Haretucu I just have seen a fair bit of him and I think he is one of the better VFL rucks, plus what little I've seen of Oscar he doesn't seem very coordinated and perhaps a bit slow while not being overly built/strong
Oscars gone from EFL to rucking in the runners up seniors in about 12 months. The kid is developing well.
Smith is great at casey, but he's a 25 year old medium sized forward. He's not getting picked up

Oscars gone from EFL to rucking in the runners up seniors in about 12 months. The kid is developing well.
Smith is great at casey, but he's a 25 year old medium sized forward. He's not getting picked up
Geez didn't realise Smith was that old to be honest, still perhaps a rookie spot would make me happy

Geez didn't realise Smith was that old to be honest, still perhaps a rookie spot would make me happy
Will be 26 before next season starts, don't think they'd take the punt on a medium sized forward at that age
Would be great if he did, just can't see it happening.
I won't be surprised if we pick up a couple of casey boys though

Can't seem to find much info on Hamish Brayshaw, where abouts in the draft is he expected to go? And is he a similar player to his brother?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back