Remove this Banner Ad

Paladin

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
My bad I was thinking 43...

There is a gem to be had late IMO, Matthew Signorello, very pacey, elite overhead for his size, has both an inside and outside game, very hard at it, booming kick if a bit inconsistent at hitting up targets, decent tank and absolutely runs both ways. Of all the unheralded players I saw this year he's the one I really like...another unheralded player that caught my eye was ranga Mason Blakey who I've not even heard mentioned, hard as a cat's head.

Nailed it like normal mate :thumbsu:

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Oh, he won't be selected by the Crows now that we've put our eggs in the Jarman basket. I know that.

For the record, I do rate Jarman, has some very, very good skills - I just believe Stengle will be a better (and a very good) small forward. To give you an idea, I have Stengle around the 30-35 mark in my power rankings, and Jarman at the 45 mark.
Post Draft .....so where did Stengle end up ? ......rookie pick to Richmond

I did say he was overrated ;)

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
My bad I was thinking 43...

There is a gem to be had late IMO, Matthew Signorello, very pacey, elite overhead for his size, has both an inside and outside game, very hard at it, booming kick if a bit inconsistent at hitting up targets, decent tank and absolutely runs both ways. Of all the unheralded players I saw this year he's the one I really like...another unheralded player that caught my eye was ranga Mason Blakey who I've not even heard mentioned, hard as a cat's head.
Good observation there Bicks

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I wouldn't be surprised if we look at KPP's at 53, if take miss with our first two picks.

I don't know enough about the draft to suggest many names but would Himmelberg still be available?
Again ....excellent analysis .....spot on pick :thumbsu:

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Post Draft .....so where did Stengle end up ? ......rookie pick to Richmond

I did say he was overrated ;)
He probably went around where he was expected to go by many - late ND to early rookie. This is the common draft range for small forwards. I very much rate him above the groupthink though, and reckon the Tigers have got a steal.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
He probably went around where he was expected to go by many - late ND to early rookie. This is the common draft range for small forwards. I very much rate him above the groupthink though, and reckon the Tigers have got a steal.
Most were saying main draft 3rd round, nor rookie .......175cm players still shied away from in the main

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Would be very happy with getting McLarty at 53 or later (not at 13 obviously, and I feel Lipinski is close to a certainty at 43). Not surprised he's received a lot of interest for earlier picks though, quite the underrated prospect by the wider media.
I also thought this ......Bulldogs at #28 was a bit of a stretch, maybe knew of our interest ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I reckon he would have been ours if he got to 43. Like him as a prospect, but he definitely went earlier than expected. I'm not complaining though, I rate Poholke higher.
Think we all like the tougher players ......although having watched a bit of Poholke now, he doesn't use that frame in a game as he needs to ?

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Think we all like the tougher players ......although having watched a bit of Poholke now, he doesn't use that frame in a game as he needs to ?
Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. Needs to develop that complete confidence to put his muscular build to good use all the time.
So that proves my judgement then ......Lebois is a lot better than Stengle ;):p:p
So 'a lot' is equal to one pick now? What am I missing :p

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. Needs to develop that complete confidence to put his muscular build to good use all the time.

So 'a lot' is equal to one pick now? What am I missing
:p
One pick is enough to make that statement :p

Hey if i said English wouldn't be taken in the first round ....and Bulldogs take him with pick 19, how much difference does that 1 pick make to my credibility :p

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Stand by my observation on Darcy and English .....why would i change my opinion in a week?
Looks like da Big Fella's already trimmed down and my boy Darcy Tucker taking him under his wing will help because if there ever was a guy with elite preparation it's Darcy..

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
:p Looking good ;)

Haven't studied photography have you ;).......you can subtract or add kg's by the angle of the image taken

I just happened to have an image from a different angle ....;):p

upload_2016-12-6_20-37-50.png

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Just got back from watching the Ballarat Rebels vs the Calder Cannons game this arvo, played in cold, windy, showery conditions...Two players I particularly wanted to see Jarrod Berry & Willem Drew were sitting in the stand near me so obviously didn't play. Hugh McCluggage didn't have one of his better games but is just a class above, rarely missed a target and always seem to have time, KPF Shannon Beks is a big strong unit and looks draftable, particularly taken by a small/medium forward today Jordan Johnston, quick, good skills and kicks goals, think he's too young for this draft, definitely one to watch. Over ager James Gow finds plenty of the pill, late draft pick perhaps.

Tyson Lever kicked a nice goal from outside 50, talks a lot on field like his brother, but didn't find a lot of it, Zac Guthrie, Cam's brother played very well for the CC and though lightly built looks draftable for sure, North Melbourne recruiters near me seemed to be watching KPF Karl Brown in particular but he didn't do a lot.

Bump

Remove this Banner Ad

Back