Opinion 2016 DRAFT POLL - #5

Who do you want at pick #5

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned in the other draft thread how much I liked Scrimshaw.

All class, could be anything.

I'd take him at 5 without any qualms whatsoever, problem is we need immediate midfield impact, considering the state we're in and I'd imagine it'd be a while before he moves into the midfield.
Can actually hear myself screaming "Scrimma!" so yeah, Scrimshaw for mine.

McGrath being a HB flanker, would we have gone for him at pick #5 if he was available?
This covers my thoughts on McGrath, Scrimshaw and Florent

How much time did Scrimshaw spend in the midfield this year?
A couple of games at the end of the TAC season I think?

Remember that this was a midfield/flank mix of McGrath, Florent, Setterfield, Taranto, Brayshaw alongside him.

Taranto has scoreboard impact. In my opinion we need that in a midfielder desperately.

Better kicking skills than Brodie as well.

But Brodie will slot in from round 1. He'd be a great partner for Cripps for the next decade.

Either one of them should be an awesome pickup. So glad we kept pick #5. At the same time, really disappointed we couldn't obtain more earlier picks in this year's draft considering the midfield talent available.

The one thing that puts me off Scrimshaw is the height oddly enough. I just think we have a plethora of talented 190cm+ players. Would like us to get some around the 185cm mark so we're not too top heavy. But he is a smooth mover and has a nice left foot kick.

Ainsworth is strong over head, has explosive speed and has some pretty good field kicking. His set shot kicking needs work though.

Damn, there's 4 players we could really use. Sadly, we can only take 1.

I'm really expecting to hit the draft big time next year. Gibbs out for Crows 1st. With just the 2 years and being 29, I'll take pick #13 next year. Trade our 2018 1st for a top 5 pick. If we finish bottom 2, I'm expecting a compo pick from the AFL given the amount of players we've lost over the 3 years (Henderson, Yarran, Betts, Waite, Menzel, Tuohy and you can include Gibbs in this too, highly doubt he'll be here after 2017), the low amount of games won and haven't played finals since 2013.

Hopefully Picks:

#2, #5, #13 and #19
If C Curnow, Jack Silvagni and HM look likely, I anticipate Casboult becomes a free agent, might net the Blues a handy compensation draft pick.

If C Curnow, Jack Silvagni and HM look likely, I anticipate Casboult becomes a free agent, might net the Blues a handy compensation draft pick.

He'd have to have a good year. Another club would then have to put him on some decent coin. At the end of the day, probably only a pick after our 3rd rounder.

We're more likely to get a better compo pick for finishing low and the amount of players that we've lost over the last few years.

I'm happy with any of Taranto or Brodie but part of me wishes we'd take the punt on Scrimshaw.

Taranto is a Bartel clone and if Jimmy is at Ikon next year it'd be amazing to have him develop Tim

Timmy Tartel?

I'm a little surprised. Actually a lot. No one wants Ainsworth out of that list?

I think he's a superstar in the making. He has what translates: power. He's incredibly explosive. Speed and leap. He's a seriously good footballer. I think he's shown he will kick an awful lot of goals, set up a lot too. I'll be stunned if he's there at 5, and flabbergasted if he is and we don't pick him.

He's simply a better player than the others. I don't think it will even be close in time.

I think other than the top 2 he's the only genuine potential A grader and All Australian. We don't exactly have a bevy of those.

I recommend everyone have another look.

I think Knightmare has consistently marked him down but I think he's wrong. Maybe his opinion has biased some on here.

Kids like Ainsworth are incredibly rare.

I would love Anisworth at pick 5, but pretty sure Brisbane will be picking him at 3.
Think he is one of the genuine elite level talents of this draft.
Was talk he could go at pick 1 as a small forward, before he showed he could also play in the midfield.
That's Weitering level of talent.

They were a little more solid on Bont playing midfield given he put up just shy of 15 on the beep test at 6'4".

Just shy of 15? The 6'5" Jacob Weitering says "Pfffft".... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taranto, from the sounds of it. Goal kicking midfielder with a good tank. Otherwise Brodie.
Got to build the midfield brigade. We have young forwards coming through and our defense is looking tasty, so now it's mids, mids, mids.

Taranto, from the sounds of it. Goal kicking midfielder with a good tank. Otherwise Brodie.
Got to build the midfield brigade. We have young forwards coming through and our defense is looking tasty, so now it's mids, mids, mids.

Yep I'm with you on that.

To me I think Brodie was winning a lot of contested ball because of his body. He's a big bodied mid at U18 level, but at AFL level it's a whole different story. His kicking seems rushed at times and I just don't see him transitioning quite as well as some expect. He's a gun prospect though if he can produce at AFL level.

But to me Taranto has the higher ceiling. He can go forward and kick goals and his contested ball ability is not too bad either. He's a good over head mark and overall better kicking ability which is important to us going forward.

Lucas and Watson are 2 who we delisted who should have done a lot more than they did. Garlett and Robinson were 2 talented players we lost for nothing and Betts was let go for Daisy.....
Lucas and Watson were poor. Gartlett was traded. Betts was a free agent.

Robinson was a talent and was delisted so I'll give you that. He was and still is a butcher of the ball though.

I would love Anisworth at pick 5, but pretty sure Brisbane will be picking him at 3.
Think he is one of the genuine elite level talents of this draft.
Was talk he could go at pick 1 as a small forward, before he showed he could also play in the midfield.
That's Weitering level of talent.
Not sure how many elite players kick as many points as goals.

He may become the best player in the draft but with his height and kicking is a risk.

Eh I have now seen about 10 videos and Taranto is the least impressive from the 2 minutes video.

Rewatching the Brodie video and he is our man. He will automatically make us better straight away and will perform from day dot

Have you watched this one?

Does some nice things there, he knows where the goals are too. That was back in June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back