List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Which player do you want at our first & second pick?

• Daniel Venables

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Will Hayward

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • Jy Simpkin

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Sam Powell-Pepper

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Zach Sproule

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Harrison Macreadie

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • Jarrod Berry

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • Jordan Galluci

• Oliver Florent

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

• Luke Ryan

• Josh Battle

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • Willem Drew

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Jack Maibum

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Joe Atley

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Tim English

Votes: 31 20.4%
  • Josh Rotham

• Patrick Kerr

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Alex Witherden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brennan Cox

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think tall defenders should be prioritized over tall forwards this draft. Hamling going leaves a big hole in the defence that played a huge role in delivering a flag, and on top of that, we have Morris in his Twilight years and Adams all but set to leave next year. Bearing the latter in mind, I wouldn't look to play Adams much this year unless he maintains high level performances on a consistent basis, similar to what he was producing in the early parts of this year; otherwise I'd rather see Collins in the team.

As for tall forward options, we have Stringer, Cloke, Boyd, Redpath, Roughead, Campbell, and to a lesser (or should I say, shorter) extent, Crameri and Cordy (who will hopefully play more in defence next year). I think we're relatively settled in that position over both the short and long term.

Just looking through footage again at a number of blokes at about our range , Cox just looks a bit of a reach at our first.
Having said that his up side could be huge , and I am also seduced by blokes that kick both feet.
With the list we have I won't be unhappy to call his name out first.
I still like Berry if he slipped through.

I tend to agree but with Murphy, Boyd and Morris coming to the end, plus the uncertainty over Adams, you can see some logic in looking at defenders.
I reckon Bevo could turn me into a defender if he set his mind to it and got me away from the bar!!
Our development system our coaches and in particular Bevo are pretty switched on so whovever we draft I have confidence in them.

Morris could play til he's 40.

I would've backed Murphy too if he didn't tear his ACL. Has the perfect physique to play at an old age.

I tend to agree but with Murphy, Boyd and Morris coming to the end, plus the uncertainty over Adams, you can see some logic in looking at defenders.
I'm not saying don't pick defenders, just don't understanding that people want players to make an immediate impact.

Let's look at if those 4 players do go at the end 2017

Wood Adams Boyd
Murphy Morris jj

Start of 2018 replacing within
Wood Collins Biggs
Williams Cordy JJ

Now for me a combo of English and Cox would be a great result, then someone like maibaum could be there at 50 to fill that key back option.

Yet again we may already have a good idea on players we are likely to target in FA and trade at the end of 2017, so if we don't draft a type of player, we still may have options.

Start of 2018 replacing within
Wood Collins Biggs
Williams Cordy JJ
Should we lose all of Morris, Hamling and Adams over a two year period, we should definitely have a ready-made replacement ready to go.

Collins and Cordy holding the key posts doesn't fill me with enthusiasm at this point in time.

Should we lose all of Morris, Hamling and Adams over a two year period, we should definitely have a ready-made replacement ready to go.

Collins and Cordy holding the key posts doesn't fill me with enthusiasm at this point in time.
well we do have Roberts there and Collins is very much rated to have an impact this year by reports.

as i said we may already have a list of players we are targeting/already in talks with to help fill that void, i've already put up 2 names in McStay and Lever who i could see us making a play for in 2017.

Morris could play til he's 40.

I would've backed Murphy too if he didn't tear his ACL. Has the perfect physique to play at an old age.
Funny you say that, i said to morris at training this year, can we sign you to a long term contract? he said year sure how about a 10 year deal like hogan will get.

well we do have Roberts there and Collins is very much rated to have an impact this year by reports.

as i said we may already have a list of players we are targeting/already in talks with to help fill that void, i've already put up 2 names in McStay and Lever who i could see us making a play for in 2017.
Steven May. Offer him the Hurley deal.

Cedric Cox moves like Andrew McLeod.

Exactly what I thought watching him. Got the same running gait and kicking style with those low worm burners. He's opposite foot might even be better than McLeods too.

The only thing is I haven't seen him kick long in any of the little footage I've seen of him. It's good that he hits up the short targets but does he have any penetration on his kicking?

Steven May. Offer him the Hurley deal.
there is another, we might not even stop at one.

all im saying is back Dal in who he pick, also back that the draft is only a small part of our plan and that FA and trade will round this list out and JMac and his team will already have plans put in place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always get the vibe that Moz has a few good years left. He's still an absolute gun and whenever he's asked about retirement, he responds something like "I'm gonna keep playing as long as the club will have me" or "I'm enjoying playing too much to stop".
Yep, he will play on, then transition into a coaching role eventually.

So based on what a few of the well regarded media types and Pana are saying, do we think the club would be hoping for English, Cox and Long? Unless there is an unexpected big slider who we rate, of course.

Late mail seems to be that English will be an Eagle, with their first choice Berry to be off the board prior to that.

Cedric Cox may also be gone before our pick (likely Adelaide).

It's not looking impossible for Hayward to be available anymore, depending on which mail you believe...

Back