List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Which player do you want at our first & second pick?

• Daniel Venables

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Will Hayward

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • Jy Simpkin

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Sam Powell-Pepper

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Zach Sproule

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Harrison Macreadie

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • Jarrod Berry

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • Jordan Galluci

• Oliver Florent

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

• Luke Ryan

• Josh Battle

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • Willem Drew

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Jack Maibum

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Joe Atley

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Tim English

Votes: 31 20.4%
  • Josh Rotham

• Patrick Kerr

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Alex Witherden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brennan Cox

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I worry about guys like Sproule and Walker for them to have slid to the rookie draft. Something must have happened for clubs to stay away from them, even with Duman as well. I'm fine with us looking at Hanrahan in the rookie draft, and am big on Duman, Ronke and Romensky for selections. There will be very good players available.

Seen a fair bit of Duman. He does a lot of things well, but I just don't see anything special in what he does.
Walker is poor athletically. Tested poorly in both speed and agility.
Sproule I've mentioned a few times needs to be more physical, he didn't test overly well and needs to work on his football smarts.

I'm not surprised all those you mentioned missed out except Ronke. He and maybe Hanrahan are the only ones I'd look of the ones you mentioned.

I think we should chase some extreme pace or a tall defender.

I'm hoping we get a small forward, think Jermaine Jones from the North Ballarat Rebels would be one we would like, maniac when it comes to pressuring opposition and isn't as hamstrung as other small forwards as he can play midfield and out of defense.

http://m.afl.com.au/video/2016-01-18/draft-prospect-jermaine-jones

List needs:
developing ruck? - got one already
developing tall? - got one already
late blooming taller midfielder? - got one already
Small forward? - NEEDED!

Last edited:
Are we certain to take a category B rookie? Do we have anything to lose besides paying the small wage? Seems like a free list spot, so even if we don't really rate anyone, why not take a free punt at someone like Francis Watson?

That's what happens when you win a flag: your picks end up at the back end of each round and it costs a pretty penny to improve your position - or lots of luck is needed for things to fall in place exactly as you hope on draft night. Long may it continue to be a problem for us!

Last year we had some luck with players we wanted falling to our picks. We'll probably never know for sure what Dalrymple's real order of merit was, and who we expected and hoped to get, but it does appear we didn't have as much luck this year...except that English falling to pick 19 may end up changing our minds about that if he develops to his potential.

True dat Mutt. Think the cards also fell our way in 2014 as well when Webb and Mclean were still on the board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you able to expand on this? I've only seen a little.

Not a lot of hurt factor in his kicking, he generally plays within his limits and takes the safe option a lot of the time. His kicks can hang in the air at times and same goes for his handballs. Has good early speed, seen by his 20m sprint time of 2.93 and can take his man on. Where he usually gets into trouble is when he tries to take on 2 or 3 opponents on. He can beat the first one with his early speed, but lacks the agility and top speed to get through 2 or 3 opponents so he's not going to go on any line breaking runs. Average in the contested area of his game, fumbles a bit too much in close and doesn't have that elite vision. Good smarts. Decent endurance. Decent mark. Has a lot of decent traits and a good amount of upside. I'm not seeing anything that really stands out though

Sam Draper, Taylin Duman, Mitch McCarthy, Peter Ladhams all gone in rookie draft.

Dogs take Nathan MULLENGER-MCHUGH with first pick in rookie draft. Looks to be a ruckman, from Eastern Ranges.

Back