Not open for further replies.

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
Post any rumours about the draft here, please.
(Mods, please move, edit or delete if any issue)
Thanks in advance from those of us who aren't in the know:thumbsu:

cdcanman

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
No idea how reliable it is, but talk that Sydney are very into Griffen Logue and their move up to pick 9 after I heard that might be evidence that that is on the money, as that pick ought to ensure they are able to get him.
Makes sense from the outside looking in.
Fills a need for them going forward. Perhaps not next year, but beyond that definately

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Port had an AFL site article about them picking up SANFL goalkicker Brett Eddy? Would probably be a 4th rounder or later considering his age.

cdcanman

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Apparently there are plenty in recruiting land who think he could be ready to go from R1 next year. Was someone I would have been very OK with us drafting if we'd kept pick 10.
I'm not saying he's not ready, just that Sydney might not need him just yet. More a succession plan for Grundy's departure. Some believe he may end up a midfielder from what I've read

blueBoy 4life

Rookie
Oct 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Blues looking at Barlow??? I did mention on good Authority last week we were looking into Dean Towers we may have done a 360 and looking to secure Barlows services..

cdcanman

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Can't see that happening the AFL won't allow it..but then again ASADA have the power to do what they wanna do.
Any penalties imposed on the club itself will be imposed by the AFL, not ASADA. "AFL won't allow it"???? They imposed draft penalties on Essendon didn't they? I'm not saying it should or shouldn't happen, just that the AFL will be the ones dishing out club sanctions, not ASADA.
ASADA only deal with penalties for individuals found to be in breach of the code as far as I am aware. They could make recommendations to the AFL I guess, but I wouldn't have thought it would be an area that they would be too keen on venturing into. Besides, it doesn't appear that there has been some club sponsored, organised conspiracy here. At worst, if guilty, a couple of club officials and an player making some gross misjudgements. I can't see sanctioning the club would be necessary in this instance.

pinot

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Whitfield incident s serious as Allen and Lambert are accused of hiding Whitfield away from drug testers at Lambert’s home. This is a hot topic for draft picks but dont see a resolution for this years draft which is a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back