2016 Draft Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, with GWS supposedly meeting with Taranto (though not known if that's who they are after), if they did take him then surely the lions would take McCluggage ahead of Ainsworth, no way they would bid on Bowes if McCluggage is on the table.

That would really shake things up, I could see Ainsworth possibly sliding a fair way under those circumstances.

[QUOTE="
That would really shake things up, I could see Ainsworth possibly sliding a fair way under those circumstances.[/QUOTE]

Whilst, true, that it would be a surprise I don't see Ainsworth sliding too far ...... but then feel free other Clubs I would be thrilled if you let him slid to WC.
Very good footballer is Ainsworth.

Stops the Suns? How? They are getting Bowes and will get a further three top 10 picks regardless.

Just being from QLD doesn't assure he will stay. Look at Charlie Dixon - who hails from Bowes' hometown of Cairns. Zac Smith and Tom Hickey are further examples of this. It might be hard for a Melburnian to understand but Brisbane is nothing like Cairns. In fact, Melbourne is closer to Brisbane than Brisbane is to Cairns.

Queensland is a very large and sparse state.

Thanks for confirming what we all know.

I could also make the argument that the Lions are too professional to waste their time on a player they know they won't get and will focus on a guy that has already said he wants to be a Lion - Ainsworth.

Matchu mate, I don't know why you even respond to this blokes posts....check all the other threads he's posted on. He just wastes every ones time with his biased drivel. I'm sure he has an agenda and it's all about him....no one else ...just him....and of course living in Melbourne or at least supporting a club from Melbourne, he knows all about the challenges that the northern clubs face. NOT! His posts just ooze arrogance..... I, for one, won't be reading any of his posts in the future....

So, with GWS supposedly meeting with Taranto (though not known if that's who they are after), if they did take him then surely the lions would take McCluggage ahead of Ainsworth, no way they would bid on Bowes if McCluggage is on the table.

That would really shake things up, I could see Ainsworth possibly sliding a fair way under those circumstances.

Brisbane would still take Ainsworth.

If we want a forward would rather Kerr thanks. Marshall is too much of a Hail Mary and hope for the best has done nothing in the back half of the year.
Sorry what? Have you actually watched any of the under 18's this year? I've seen you mention 9 as being too high for Logue when he's in the conversation for pick 7, 19 as being too high for both Marshall and Berry with Berry virtually zero chance of getting to pick 19 and Marshall a slim chance. Kerr is more of a hail mary than Marshall as well, that's why 99% of draft experts expect him to go later.

Sorry what? Have you actually watched any of the under 18's this year? I've seen you mention 9 as being too high for Logue when he's in the conversation for pick 7, 19 as being too high for both Marshall and Berry with Berry virtually zero chance of getting to pick 19 and Marshall a slim chance. Kerr is more of a hail mary than Marshall as well, that's why 99% of draft experts expect him to go later.

Rather not take a KPF period. We don't need one this year. We can take one in a strong KPP draft next season.

I don't rate Marshall one bit, I'll be thankful if he's taken earlier. It would be a waste of time with our list to get a KPF right now. We need speed especially/outside class and 2ndly a KPD.

Logue is one I'm just not sure his position and that worries me. Would I take a KPD at 9? Not sure. I wouldn't be that unhappy with him at 9, I'd just rather Simpkin or Florent

Heard anything about the Crows mate? Seems like we're keen on Hayward and Berry in particular, but who knows at this stage.

Not sure Haywards the man unless they're very confident he is going to be a midfielder.

Berry, Galluci it seems. Venables aswell if available

IMO they will be wanting to add some depth to the mid/fwd crop ST basically gone, never really replaced Danger and the loss of Lyons now.

It's interesting as Brett Anderson's top 25 has quite a few players in a different order to BigFooty consensus - bolters and sliders always occur

It's interesting as Brett Anderson's top 25 has quite a few players in a different order to BigFooty consensus - bolters and sliders always occur

Its kind of interesting to go back and look at some of the old phantoms and see how they went.
Maybe we should grade them, it would annoy the hell out of them, because most of them bank on not being accountable.

Its kind of interesting to go back and look at some of the old phantoms and see how they went.
Maybe we should grade them, it would annoy the hell out of them, because most of them bank on not being accountable.
Pretty sure someone has analyzed the experts and BigFooty punters and found Knightmare to have been the most accurate over the years.

There is always a love affair with a type that slides or doesn't get drafted too - who else remembers David Gourdis?

Pretty sure someone has analyzed the experts and BigFooty punters and found Knightmare to have been the most accurate over the years.

There is always a love affair with a type that slides or doesn't get drafted too - who else remembers David Gourdis?

I've seen some from the main media agencies that almost certainly due to inside knowledge.
Emma Quayle and the Herald Sun both beat Knightmare in their 2011.
But when they both just happen to predict that Essendon are going to take Kavanagh with their pick , you sort of guess that Dorodo gets loose lipped with a few drinks in him. There are a few instances like that.

What I'd really like to see, is the Spud Draft prediction.
Where people predict which draftee's haven't got a hope in hell and why. I guess we are too short attention spanned to go back and check 3 years later.

Every draft profile reads. " This kid will be an absolute gun , he brings out the oranges at half time now , but at AFL level will probably be able to make the transition to midfielder. " very little of " he may fail because......"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen some from the main media agencies that almost certainly due to inside knowledge.
Emma Quayle and the Herald Sun both beat Knightmare in their 2011.
But when they both just happen to predict that Essendon are going to take Kavanagh with their pick , you sort of guess that Dorodo gets loose lipped with a few drinks in him. There are a few instances like that.

What I'd really like to see, is the Spud Draft prediction.
Where people predict which draftee's haven't got a hope in hell and why. I guess we are too short attention spanned to go back and check 3 years later.

Every draft profile reads. " This kid will be an absolute gun , he brings out the oranges at half time now , but at AFL level will probably be able to make the transition to midfielder. " very little of " he may fail because......"
I think it's due to them being just kids. No one wants to just pick on their flaws so it's nicer to just not saying anything at all about their deficiencies. The spuds who do get picked up have a whole career of being bagged, it's only fair the media & BF cut them some slack beforehand.

I think it's due to them being just kids. No one wants to just pick on their flaws so it's nicer to just not saying anything at all about their deficiencies. The spuds who do get picked up have a whole career of being bagged, it's only fair the media & BF cut them some slack beforehand.

Surely they arent that soft in Bay13. :D

In fact, Melbourne is closer to Brisbane than Brisbane is to Cairns.
tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

y u gour dis?

Stops the Suns? How? They are getting Bowes and will get a further three top 10 picks regardless.

Just being from QLD doesn't assure he will stay. Look at Charlie Dixon - who hails from Bowes' hometown of Cairns. Zac Smith and Tom Hickey are further examples of this. It might be hard for a Melburnian to understand but Brisbane is nothing like Cairns. In fact, Melbourne is closer to Brisbane than Brisbane is to Cairns.

Queensland is a very large and sparse state.

I could also make the argument that the Lions are too professional to waste their time on a player they know they won't get and will focus on a guy that has already said he wants to be a Lion - Ainsworth.

its all about the points. the suns will always get him because they can match the bid. my point is that the higher the bid is made the more points Suns will need to use. the perfect scenario for the suns is that the bid comes in after 10 which means they get 4 top tens plus bowes.

clearly there is never a 100% guarantee a player wont want to leave however bidding on a local lad is clearly a much easier thing for lions to do than say a boy form wa. if they or the suns treat them right then they wont have a go home factor will they? they still may want to leave for any number of reasons buts not like there is a team in cairns.

now your original "tit for tat" comment was about suns bidding on a lions academy kid in retribution for lions bidding on bowes. i totally disagree a club will bid in retribution because any bidding will be based on the players ability and if they are worth that pick.

clubs are competitive beasts and, if they are happy to take the player they bid on, then they don't want to see a competitor get an advantage. The suns will get a advantage if the bid on bowes comes in lower than his ability warrants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back