2016 Draft Sliders

Remove this Banner Ad

Jarrod Berry to slide to us at 16.
Jy Simpkin to slide to us at 21.
Alex Witherden to slide to us at 22.

and if one of McCluggage or McGrath slide to us at 3 that would be the cherry on top.
If Berry is there at 13.. expect the Crows to take him

Yeah, he did a terrible job at GWS and his first year at Carlton couldn't have been less impressive.

Wait a second...
Go and actually take a look at the % of early pick busts he had at GWS. It's not pretty.

If Berry is there at 13.. expect the Crows to take him
However gets Berry will be very happy. I'm actually amazed he fell out of top-end calculations so quickly. Will be a very consistent 191cm elite AFL midfielder (who can go forward) for a very long time. Something special about him I recon.

For mine, Marshall could go at 9 to Port. If they think that's too much of a reach (which it is) he'll slide... possibly as far as Collingwoods Pick 25. Personally, I'd pick both Kerr and Battle before him. Whilst were on that, I still have Battle inside top 20.

Outside of Marshall, Shai Bolton's inconsistency is a concern. He's also a little undersized at 178. Plenty have him rated late 1st-early second rounder, could end up not taken until 30 or beyond.

For mine, Marshall could go at 9 to Port. If they think that's too much of a reach (which it is) he'll slide... possibly as far as Collingwoods Pick 25.........
I think you are a couple of weeks behind, Port swapped pick 9 to the Swans, Port have pick 14 & 17.

FWIW I think Marshall may slide to late teens, too much speculation on his potential to pass on solid looking mids to gamble on Marshall.

SPP - In the 30s - I'm feeling that mature body slider like a Luke Tapscott back in the day.

English - late teens early 20s - lack of desire to use high end picks especially if GC don't want him (grundy style)

Battle - late 20s early 30s - slightly undersized (Gardiner /Culter)

SPP & Tapscott are two different type of players.

SPP is still skinny. Has plenty of size to put on.

However gets Berry will be very happy. I'm actually amazed he fell out of top-end calculations so quickly. Will be a very consistent 191cm elite AFL midfielder (who can go forward) for a very long time. Something special about him I recon.

For mine, Marshall could go at 9 to Port. If they think that's too much of a reach (which it is) he'll slide... possibly as far as Collingwoods Pick 25. Personally, I'd pick both Kerr and Battle before him. Whilst were on that, I still have Battle inside top 20.

Outside of Marshall, Shai Bolton's inconsistency is a concern. He's also a little undersized at 178. Plenty have him rated late 1st-early second rounder, could end up not taken until 30 or beyond.
Port don't have pick 9 anymore....

There's going to be a few options there at 13 for when it comes time for the crows pick. I just hope we don't have another Tom Doedee moment like last year. They better pick someone I have heard of haha Berry, Venebles, Gallucci, Powell-Pepper or Florent. id be happy with one of those.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's going to be a few options there at 13 for when it comes time for the crows pick. I just hope we don't have another Tom Doedee moment like last year. They better pick someone I have heard of haha Berry, Venebles, Gallucci, Powell-Pepper or Florent. id be happy with one of those.
Indeed. Any of those would be great. Apparently Florent has good foot skills, can get on the outside and a ready-made defensive side as well. Would suit Crows. Actually, would suit 18 clubs.

This is my pick as a future star.
He's got an edge to him that is captain material in 5-6 years.

As far as the Hawks drafting goes, they should be in his ear for a 2019 trade. ;)

What's special about Berry is his AC injury, his shoulder reco, his knee injury and his kidney injury.

Very happy for someone else to take that risk

Saints apparently keen in mid-20s, would fill a need for us. But definitely others rated above him so who knows what sliding might occur?

What's special about Berry is his AC injury, his shoulder reco, his knee injury and his kidney injury.

Very happy for someone else to take that risk

His knee injury?
There was no structural damage whatsoever just fluid on the knee that was drained and caused no problems after that.
The kidney injury was merely bruising to the kidney itself sustained when he received a heavy knock in the first TAC Final match, no long term issues whatsoever.

The shoulder issue was fixed with surgery at the end of last season, only side effect was it took longer to heal than was expected.

Kid's a Gun!!

I've seen all his local games live over the last 2 years, I rated Darcy Tucker his Rebel teammate highly last year who I'd seen plenty of too, Jarrod is a level above him believe me.

Last edited:
His knee injury?
There was no structural damage whatsoever just fluid on the knee that was drained and caused no problems after that.
The kidney injury was merely bruising to the kidney itself sustained when he received a heavy knock in the first TAC Final match, no long term issues whatsoever.

The shoulder issue was fixed with surgery at the end of last season, only side effect was it took longer to heal than was expected.

Kid's a Gun!!

I've seen all his local games live over the last 2 years, I rated Darcy Tucker his Rebel teammate highly last year who I'd seen plenty of too, Jarrod is a level above him believe me.

Very true.

....Plus Judd had two shoulder recons before he got drafted!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back