2016 Draft Swans v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

sonnywalters

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2014
Newcastle NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
Go back to the 2016 draft where the Swans and Port swapped picks.

Port walked away with Powell-Pepper and Marshall.

Swans Florent and Hayward.

Marshall is from NSW so would have been at home at Sydney.

With Buddy now at the end of his career I cant help think that Port have done well here.

Yeah Sydney isn’t home to Marshall, and he just signed an extension.

Port appears to have nailed that draft with Powell pepper , Marshall , and I believe atley drew and ladhams all came in that draft as well?

Having said that Sydney don’t have to have drafted better players than port to justify the trade, they just need to have drafted good players that make them better.

If they’ve done that it’s irrelevant whether ports boys go on to become stars or not.

How both clubs obtained the picks was quite complicated and just looking at these four players in isolation is probably not relevant to either Sydney or Port.

That said I think everyone would be happy so far. All look like having long careers.

With Buddy now at the end of his career I cant help think that Port have done well here.
You don't watch much footy do you Sonny? Buddy is not at the end of his career, he's playing as well as he's ever done and apparently enjoying his footy more than ever. This post obviously a distraction for you from where the Saints are heading - down!

Marshall will be excellent. Powell-Pepper is a complete dud at AFL level. Hyped beyond belief for a few fend offs when he can barely kick or handpass the ball. That ship is sailing fast.

That said both teams will be satisfied with what they got. :thumbsu:

I usually like your posts, but that's just drivel.

Port fans deserve better the rubbish he served up in the second half of 2017 and the first three rounds this year.
A first year player who tagged the best players in the game tiring by the end? Wow, what a shock.

Deplorable post.

Happy with the way port planned for this draft and who they drafted. Got a forward we desperately needed and SPP who looks like he can make it at AFL. Atley getting some games also looks like can play a role in the future.

Mind you I think Sydney got some good players in Florent and Hayward, Florent has some silk about him. Win for both clubs at this point in time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back