2016 Draft Thread - The Rebuild Begins

If available, which player do you want us to select at pick 7?

• Sam Petrevski-Seton

Votes: 123 45.6%
  • Tim English

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Ben Ainsworth

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Tim Taranto

Votes: 27 10.0%
  • Griffin Logue

Votes: 43 15.9%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Josh Rotham

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Oliver Florent

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Cedric Cox

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we totally out of the running for SPS.

Still have a feeling hes our man for some reason even though most mocks have him going 1-2 picks before us.

It'll be very circumstantial. If there is an early Bowes bid and Carlton go with someone else (likely Brodie), then we look likely to get away with a robbery.

We want Griffin Logue
Mentally Tough
Has tricks
Finds the contest like Hodge - uncanny in his movements like Hodge
194cm - draft combine was elite
Engages the opponent every defensive contest, clears the footy with class
Makes plays that stifle opposition momentum
WA boy
Perfect fit

I am pretty confident that our first pick is going to be a decent player. We are at the mercy of those picking before us, but the 5-10 range is rich with options. SPS, English, Logue, Brodie, Scrimshaw all interest me, and if the club did prefer Simpkin then he must be terrific. The real interest for me is surrounding our next two picks. I am hoping there will be sliders as we have seen in the past.

The winds are blowing, and can't wait to see our refurbished full squad in training.

Surely we're in GC ear saying don't pick Logue or we bid on Bowes.

Scrimshaw or Logue for me. SPS if he slides I'd be fine with too.

Even though Simpkin is a great kick and has pace, not sure he's the player we need as a skinny half forward.

Whenever a player has been bandied as a potential pick for Freo I've looked at their highlights video & said "yeah I'd be happy with him in purple". Until I watched Simpkin's. Unless anyone has a good video of him then it's a no from me.

Short term injuries shouldn't effect who they draft but I wonder if Cripps' back injury make them think about picking another contested bull in Brodie instead of SPS as future insurance.

I think Brodie would be a better pick for them than SPS. I'm hoping not and we pick up Brodie ourselves.

My gut feel is GWS may pick Logue at #2 if McGrath is number one. They wanted McGrath so badly but don't really seem that keen on anyone else. If they don't choose Taranto, feel like Logue is a shot there.

Needless to say that would really mix up the draft order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whenever a player has been bandied as a potential pick for Freo I've looked at their highlights video & said "yeah I'd be happy with him in purple". Until I watched Simpkin's. Unless anyone has a good video of him then it's a no from me.

I liked his video in Future Stars. If we can't get Sam PS, I would be okay with Simpkin. Probably prefer Brodie though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My gut feel is GWS may pick Logue at #2 if McGrath is number one. They wanted McGrath so badly but don't really seem that keen on anyone else. If they don't choose Taranto, feel like Logue is a shot there.

Needless to say that would really mix up the draft order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will overtake WCE as my least favorite team if this happens.

They will overtake WCE as my least favorite team if this happens.
They are favourites to win next year and are likely to get 2 of the top 3 draftees this year (McGrath + Setterfield) plus another 1st rounder in Perryman. And conveniently any penalty for their 2 former staff and player doing the wrong thing has been delayed until post draft. But they are raking in the cash with their 15 members so we don't need to subsidise them for the next decade :rolleyes:

They've been at the bottom of my list for quite a while.

We desperately need good foot skills. No surprise or coincidence Simpkin and Scrimshaw are in our frame.

IMO both add class too, something else we lack.

Speed, Skill, Smarts, has to be the focus with an early pick.
And they appear to have more upside than a guy like Logue, at least physically which is what we normally look for.

Brodie would be a great addition in the mould of Bont / Fyfe possibly.
in terms of needs i think we need G. Logue but the hype over the last month has him projected top 5

And conveniently any penalty for their 2 former staff and player doing the wrong thing has been delayed until post draft.
Been watching this and thinking yeah the drafts a bit too strong and they've done a heap of horse trading to position themselves able to rape and pillage yet another.It'll be too tempting for the AFL to walk away and say we'll punish you later.
It's "Brat upbringing 101" leave consequences of actions 'til people have forgotten what happened then maybe an ice-cream and day at the skatepark!

Been watching this and thinking yeah the drafts a bit too strong and they've done a heap of horse trading to position themselves able to rape and pillage yet another.It'll be too tempting for the AFL to walk away and say we'll punish you later.
It's "Brat upbringing 101" leave consequences of actions 'til people have forgotten what happened then maybe an ice-cream and day at the skatepark!
It's more a natrual justice issue. Stripping them of draft picks when they don't agree with guilt and any appeal will be heard after the draft breaches the principles of natural justice. They can't get the picks back once the draft is over if they were found not guilty.

If they were to win on appeal would people be happy with more picks next season?

Although i don't think they can win the rouge employee argument. While they GWS are saying they acted without board approval it is clear they were acting within the scope of the role they were employed to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back