List Mgmt. 2016 Draft/Trade/Free Agency Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
By popular demand, and as we're now halfway through the season, take it away in here!

Who should we re-sign and who should resign?
Who's a keeper and who's on the block?
What do we need, and what can we offer?

Tom McDonald in if possible or Hurley which I highly doubt
Mitch brown
Jack Frost
Ben Reid ( doubt it )

Sign Hewett , Lloyd , Mitchell , Marsh

Bye bye , Nankervis , XR , Towers , Teddy , McGlynn , derixkx , Hiscox , Newman , Robinson

Trade Reid if we can get somthing back in value
Towers won't be worth much

Need a tall athletic defender and a winger that has speed and can use the ball Imo

Would love AJ back

Last edited:
Mitch brown
Jack Frost
Ben Reid ( doubt it )

Bye bye , Nankervis , XR , Towers , Teddy , McGlynn , derixkx , Hiscox , Newman , Robinson

Need a tall athletic defender and a winger that has speed and can use the ball Imo

Would love AJ back
Newman and Nankervis to be retained. Tom McDonald has to be at the top of our priority list. Would love to make a play for Watts also.

Mitch brown
Jack Frost
Ben Reid ( doubt it )

Would love AJ back
Don't agree with leaving just Tip & Naisy as our only ruck options. Nank is a great fairly cheap 3rd option at this stage.

Also very harsh on Robo. Only injury has prevented him from going on with some good form. He had made it into seniors & was performing, what's not to like??

Geez I'm glad you're not our list manager Punts we'd have nobody left!! Definitely worth keeping Robinson, Nank, Newman and Towers.

Jack Frost is a potato, Tom Mcdonald would cost us more than he's worth. Hurley would be ideal but there's no way we could afford his salary.

After watching Aliir in the flesh on the weekend I'm confident he'll make it. Talia is also very athletic. I don't think our key defensive posts are as bad as we think. We still really lack outside speed and foot skills though so hopefully we target those types of players.

I think it all depends on whether Mitchell and Reid re sign as to what we do come trade time.
Im not sure who is out of contract etc other than the above 2.

Out Towers XR Ted D rex
Maybe out Mcglynn Hiscox Newman

In pick 18 pick 36 pick 54
Promote Marsh

I for one would have rathered Mitchells signature than Parkers, obviously would have preferred both but we really need to sign tom.

Tom McDonald in if possible or Hurley which I highly doubt Mitch brown
Jack Frost
Ben Reid ( doubt it )

Would love AJ back

These two are surprising!

We complain about our lack of depth yet are happy thin it out.

That's bottom 4 team stuff!

The only possible reason to trade Reid would be if we had grave doubts about his ability to return to full fitness in the future. We're desperate for his services at present.

Newman and Nankervis to be retained. Tom McDonald has to be at the top of our priority list. Would love to make a play for Watts also.

I have a hunch we'd be into Watts but the way things are going at the Dees, he's likely to stay.

The reason would be because we need to increase our skills & Watts as a top 3 draft pick is/was attainable.

The only possible reason to trade Reid would be if we had grave doubts about his ability to return to full fitness in the future. We're desperate for his services at present.

Sam Reid can play but he just can't link games together. Poor bloke!
Unfortunately every time he gets hurt, he's trade value gets hurt.

Collingwood would only give us a third round pick for him max! That's why we just persevere with him!

Collingwood would only give us a third round pick for him max! That's why we just persevere with him!
Good point. In too deep to trade him out for peanuts. Cheaper to keep him and see what happens

Mitch brown
Jack Frost
Ben Reid ( doubt it )

Would love AJ back
Hewett has already signed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Reid will be a free agent at the end of next year so if he were to leave the AFL will give us nothing.

I have a hunch we'd be into Watts but the way things are going at the Dees, he's likely to stay.

The reason would be because we need to increase our skills & Watts as a top 3 draft pick is/was attainable.

I too think Watts would be a good get, Seems to be the exact kind of player the swans would recruit.

Getting a KPD (or two) in the offseason is a non negotiable. It's the only area we desperately need to trade for with our crazy midfield depth and relatively healthy forward depth.

Tom McDonald, Hurley or May need to be chased hard and we might have to make a tough call and offload someone who we wouldn't want to see go - possibly Reid and a couple of fringe midfielders like Lloyd, Towers, Cunningham, Rose, and possibly picks.

We need to go hard because if we don't nail a strong KPD we will be in serious trouble next year.

Getting a KPD (or two) in the offseason is a non negotiable. It's the only area we desperately need to trade for with our crazy midfield depth and relatively healthy forward depth.

Tom McDonald, Hurley or May need to be chased hard and we might have to make a tough call and offload someone who we wouldn't want to see go - possibly Reid and a couple of fringe midfielders like Lloyd, Towers, Cunningham, Rose, and possibly picks.

We need to go hard because if we don't nail a strong KPD we will be in serious trouble next year.

Between Grundy, Aliir, Talia Rampe, and Davis we are fine for KPDs over the next few years. Also have Reid who is more than capable of playing down back and I'd never rule out AJ.

Longmire quoted today as saying Reid is still a very important player for us, he won't be going anywhere if Horse is still in charge.

This board will go into unprecedented meltdown if we traded big footy favourites in Towers and Cunningham.

I would also argue we need outside pace and/or good kicks as much as anything. We have the inside extractors, we need some speed / skill to distribute to. Defence will take care of itself (somewhat) with a two way midfield and efficient use of the ball going forward resulting in more scores per inside 50.

Grundy is good for another year or three. I am confident Talia will be fine provided our midfield runs both ways and adding pressure causing slower ball movement and/or poor kicks inside opposition forward 50.

We have been without Ted and it hasn't been our defence that has let us down really.

I would also argue we need outside pace and/or good kicks as much as anything. We have the inside extractors, we need some speed / skill to distribute to. Defence will take care of itself (somewhat) with a two way midfield and efficient use of the ball going forward resulting in more scores per inside 50.

Grundy is good for another year or three. I am confident Talia will be fine provided our midfield runs both ways and adding pressure causing slower ball movement and/or poor kicks inside opposition forward 50.

We have been without Ted and it hasn't been our defence that has let us down really.

I agree with this. We need to focus on skilful outside run for half back/wing roles. As much as people say KPD is a need its not the area we are getting hurt in, nor is it our weakest area depth wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back