List Mgmt. 2016 Draft/Trade/Free Agency Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Mitchell for Tuohy and a swap of second round picks (23 and mid 30's) have a chance of getting it done??

I rate Tuohy as a late first rounder and Titch as a top 10 pick. It would have to be something like:

Carlton: Titch
Swans: Tuohy, Carlton's 2nd rounder (2016 or 2017)

I reckon that would be the least I would take at the trade table.

Does Tuohy provide much more than Jones?

Not being facetious but haven't seen much of him.
Can't just take a short-term view.
With trades, retirements and injuries there will always be shuffling of roles from year to year within the playing group
I can see a requirement to replace both Mills and McVeigh in defence within the near the future so there is definitely a spot for both Jones and Touhy.

Does Tuohy provide much more than Jones?

Not being facetious but haven't seen much of him.

Yes, he's the closest thing we'd get to a Malceski circa 2012 replacement. Hard, fast, beautiful long kick, he'd be a major upgrade on what we have at the moment

I like Jones but I think he'll probably move to the midfield eventually, probably next year if Titch is on the way out

Reid can play.
If you believe he is always injured & we should trade him on that basis, then that is a different argument but anyone that suggests Reid can't play needs to reassess their definition of what makes an AFL footballer.

Every bit a footballer.

Reid has talent

but anyone who thinks Reids output matches the potential has no idea imo

Yes, he's the closest thing we'd get to a Malceski circa 2012 replacement. Hard, fast, beautiful long kick, he'd be a major upgrade on what we have at the moment

I like Jones but I think he'll probably move to the midfield eventually, probably next year if Titch is on the way out
He isn't much of a defender though. He's just an attacking half back flanker that gets forward occasionally. He's someone you can expose because his positioning and reading of the play is ordinary, as well as being easily dragged out of the contest.

his performance is d grade
Nah, when he was fit he was an important contributor and gave us a lot more structural flexibility. People talked up his potential and now they're kicking him because he's not as good as Buddy. He was a 3rd round draft pick, not the #1 pick... The expectations on him are ridiculous.

Nah, when he was fit he was an important contributor and gave us a lot more structural flexibility. People talked up his potential and now they're kicking him because he's not as good as Buddy. He was a 3rd round draft pick, not the #1 pick... The expectations on him are ridiculous.

No one expects him to be as good as buddy, they expect him to take marks and kick goals, neither of which he was any good at since 2012. There was that match saving mark against Fremantle for the draw but thats really it. So many attacks broke down with him putting it down with his butter fingers.

The way he tried to mark the ball you'd think it were a bar of soap.

You know what they say about an offer that sounds too good to be true.

Don't get me wrong, wouldn't mind Tuohy but the hard sell by Carlton fans has to make you stop and think why are you trying to get a rid of player like this?

Wrong age profile and we have cover for his role with Docherty and Byrne.

We're 1 year into a 3 year reset of the list. Sadly that makes players 26 and over expendable (for the right price)

It's s**t because he's one of my favorites.

No one expects him to be as good as buddy, they expect him to take marks and kick goals, neither of which he was any good at since 2012. There was that match saving mark against Fremantle for the draw but thats really it. So many attacks broke down with him putting it down with his butter fingers.

The way he tried to mark the ball you'd think it were a bar of soap.
Well we're all entitled to our opinions and mine could not be more opposite to yours. Reid's marking is the highlight of his game and something we've missed this season, particularly during the period in the middle of the year where we struggled badly to clear our defensive 50.

He's never been a reliable set shot for goal, though his field kicking is actually pretty good.

Reid has talent

but anyone who thinks Reids output matches the potential has no idea imo

Ok!
I'll put it to you this way.

Let's trade him. What do we get for him.
Now by that, I mean what do we get for the player YOU just described & not the one I described because I believe you think we are going to get a pick for the player I described.
The fact is we will get way unders for reid should we let him go meaning we may as well persevere.
In saying that, the club will know what to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back