List Mgmt. 2016 Draft/Trade/Free Agency Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There would be no IF in whether Tom will leave if we land JOM. Would need Mitchell's draft pick for the JOM trade.
Lets get it done then. if there is a slither of truth to us being linked with JOM i wouldnt be surprised.

the club and tom were close to a deal then negotiations stalled around the time JOM leaving speculation started. Blues and gc are both out of finals contention so would no doubt have started their list management for next year.

Whats the chance the blues have offered the big pay day and convinced tom to move and we have wooed gc with the pick (s) from the blues.

Crasy but not out of the realm of possibility

With JOM I think there is a queue
D900%20Dispenser%20Kit.jpg

They have been on 1 year deals for ages
And now they will get less
They had money to chase Carlisle last year so theres money around
They would just back load a contract and give him more as the veterans retired
Its not a matter of cash for Hawks it's what you can offer at the trade table. Given how old you list is you can't be trading away youngsters and nobody wants the veterans so I can't see how your going to satisfy other clubs at the trade table?

Its not a matter of cash for Hawks it's what you can offer at the trade table. Given how old you list is you can't be trading away youngsters and nobody wants the veterans so I can't see how your going to satisfy other clubs at the trade table?

Because Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to see us move up the draft to target Marshall or grab a slider like Ainsworth. Couple clubs might go for a possible pick exchange and Ainsworth sounds like he could be anything. Venables ofcourse the other one.

However trading in some experience will probably be the throw in the end.

My thoughts too. But with such an even first round, never know what may slide

He will go top 10, easily. Too many attributes and a big scope for him to go out of the top 10. I'd be amazed if he lasts past pick 7-8.

I'd like to see us move up the draft to target Marshall or grab a slider like Ainsworth. Couple clubs might go for a possible pick exchange and Ainsworth sounds like he could be anything. Venables ofcourse another one.

So who are you planning to give up...Bare in mind we will need every pick we can get/have for next year's draft. Marshall is a top 5 pick, we'd have to give up too much and Ainsworth is a top 10 pick. It isn't worth it.

So who are you planning to give up...Bare in mind we will need every pick we can get/have for next year's draft. Marshall is a top 5 pick, we'd have to give up too much and Ainsworth is a top 10 pick. It isn't worth it.

The possibility of receiving a first round pick in a Mitchell deal seems realistic. From there we can see if GC/Richmond want 2 for 1. We get a look at Marshall or our pick of the best goal kicking/ creative kid in the land.

The possibility of receiving a first round pick in a Mitchell deal seems realistic. From there we can see if GC/Richmond want 2 for 1. We get a look at Marshall or our pick of the best goal kicking/ creative kid in the land.

Unless Mitchell is going to Carlton we are not having the currency regardless. Give you a tip two late first rounders won't equal a top 5 pick, and you may even need a top 3 pick for Marshall! It isn't that stupid to think Essendon might take him at pick 1, suits them down to a tee. I just feel there is depth, and we are giving up way too much to trade into the early part of the 1st round. Galluci will be available at our pick and a few other elite HBF's. I actually hope we grab a real elite HBF early this year. We have been butchering the ball coming out of defensive 50.

Been hollering for someone like that for a while now.

If we like someone near the top of the draft, I hope we take a look at it. Most of the pieces are in place for a competitive Swans generation. Just need some elite finishers. Right time to do it.

I also like Tuohy as a classic Swans trade, will bolt on at the HBF in the Malceski role, but offer some long range attack on goal. Might end up being part of a Mitchell trade. Otherwise, I wonder if the Blues like Nankervis or Lloyd.

Or, you know, we land Jaeger ;)

Trade whispers

Tom Mcdonald, Nathan vardy and Jaegar o meara

With Mcdonald we have alir and talia.

We need someone who can kick. Any suggestions? Or will we up grade Newman he can play that Malceski role...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back