List Mgmt. 2016 Draft, Trades and Retirements Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the things that always interests me is how does the shopping around actually work ? For example does club A say we might be prepared to offer player X and see whether that interests you but we don't actually know what player x would do when informed.

Alternatively do you get the permission of the player so that we you go to the other clubs you can say he is open to being traded to you ?

Good question. I'm sure in alot of cases it is very much testing the water and I am also sure that in plenty of instances when an opposition club calls the others bluff and presents a more than adequate deal clubs s**t themselves and say do we really want to do this ? Or more to the point can we afford to do this. Trade week is not only a lot of hot air from media, clubs do a fair bit of blowing bubbles as well.

im saying purely in case of desperation.

History tells us tippett will miss 6-8 weeks next year.

reid at best will miss 4-5

richards is likely gone

We need someone in case buddy or the other 2 go down. Id be happy to see him not get a game next year but he will provide extremely cheap insurance in the worst case scenario

Reid has only missed 4-5+ games in two seasons ever. Usually plays 20+ games a year.

Robinson is a C grader filler type midfielder will get his 15-20 disposals a game but struggle to make a real influence on the match.
lloyd was the same. probably still is but hes upped it to 25 touches

That is about how I see him at the moment but again I am hoping he develops and turns into a solid midfielder.

If he can develop into a Josh Caddy type who can kick goals that would be terrific, but im not really sure what we need to get us another flag i thought we were a shoe in (maybe i was arrogant?) im actually terrified of making another GF watching us lose another :(

If he can develop into a Josh Caddy type who can kick goals that would be terrific, but im not really sure what we need to get us another flag i thought we were a shoe in (maybe i was arrogant?) im actually terrified of making another GF watching us lose another :(
The Bulldogs (and GWS in the QF) beat us for hardness, pace and skill. So we need those to win

That is about how I see him at the moment but again I am hoping he develops and turns into a solid midfielder.
I think it took him a few games to adapt to seniors level. He surprised me with his turn of speed, clean skills and decision-making in the few games before Goddard took him out. I think there is good reason the coaches have kept faith with him.

I've got you guys in our board's mock draft.

Any tips on players and types you are after?
What ever you or this board thinks we need...its almost guaranteed our 1st pick will be none of those. Welcome to Kinnear Beatson's first round draft pick lotto.

Pick 9:
Outside run I would love with the first pick. Or a HBF type with good decision making and good kicking. Or some run off the hbf.

Pick 19:
could be a KPD if a high rated one falls to it. Could be what we missed in our first pick.

A latter pick we need a project ruck and a project KPD if we didn't get one earlier.

Note we have already upgraded papley & Newman so they need to be there. (Marsh an upgrade chance).

And we always go into the season with a 38 man list.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Get on the Scrimshaw bandwagon if he is available

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still think we'll go for Marshall. Can't see why we would have been keen to trade up the order if all we wanted was foot skills or best available. We could have got those at 14 and 17. Harley was keen to trade up, and the only real target i can see he would have been going for is Marshall.

Still think we'll go for Marshall. Can't see why we would have been keen to trade up the order if all we wanted was foot skills or best available. We could have got those at 14 and 17. Harley was keen to trade up, and the only real target i can see he would have been going for is Marshall.
When we had 6 & 14 we wanted to trade them to the tigers to draft Martin.

We got Rohan & Jetta after they declined.

Recruiters have an eye for talent

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

We had more success when we were recruiting discarded players and getting the most out of then.

Morton was a spud when he arrived at the swans and he left as a premiership hero
The dude played about 4 good games for us. I'm more than happy that one of those 4 was a Grand Final win but we shouldn't be putting him as trhe benchmark of successfully pick ups

Marshall screams Justin Koschitzke to me. He will be a barely okay second key tall forward who will always do just enough to hold his place in the team but will never be a genuine threat or the type of player who is capable of kicking a bag of goals in a game.

Ditto all of this. Not arrogant just as I expected our top half dozen would turn up play their best and we would have to many weapons for them. What I didn't count on was their 22 all contributing and us leaving to much to very few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back