List Mgmt. 2016 Draft, Trades and Retirements Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but it was entirely his fault. Requests a trade without actually having an offer. Now we know his intentions to go back to Melbourne so how can we trust him for the future?

Yeah agreed there. I'm still surprised he didn't get an offer. Young athletic forward who just played in a grand final side. I see more upside to him than the likes of Mayne and some of the other spuds that were traded around in the trade period

This I dont get, if he makes it? There are midfielders a plenty at that pick who have made it, stuff Logue!
Hell be drafted as a defender. Midfield down the track. Played def seniors in the WAFL, but went mids in the colts and tore it up. He would take Laidlerss spot rd 1. Quick, big tank great size and a lefty.

I don't need outside pace next year I just want to see us with a midfield group of ten rather than five.
Tend to agree. Media speak of our midfield as having "so much depth" but I disagree. Take away Kennedy, Hanners, Parker and to a lesser extent Jack and it then tails away badly. With Tichell, we certainly had the best top 4 midfield in the comp but it is no where near the depth it needs to be.

Tend to agree. Media speak of our midfield as having "so much depth" but I disagree. Take away Kennedy, Hanners, Parker and to a lesser extent Jack and it then tails away badly. With Tichell, we certainly had the best top 4 midfield in the comp but it is no where near the depth it needs to be.

Take away the top 4 midfielders of any side and it drops away quickly FFS.

I don't need outside pace next year I just want to see us with a midfield group of ten rather than five.

Fully agree.

Don't have the stats but I'd imagine the average attendances at centre bounces in 2015 would have been;
Kennedy

Parker/K.Jack
Mitchell/Hannebery
then occasional appearances by Buddy & Heeney & McGlynn.

Mitchell leaving gives us the opportunity to up our rotations, eg, Hewett is a midfielder, not a HF, Jones came to us a hb/mb, Mills is an onballer.
Run more players through there, particularly as our midfielders can be multi-positional.

I've avoided the GF thread but while I'm on centre bounce set ups.....early last quarter GF, game in balance, centre bounce Tippett ruck, Buddy on ball, Franklin wins ball , looks up, no one to kick to....bit of communication/thought/leadership...sigh.

I would like us to go back to putting Tippett to the position we recruited him to play - Full Forward.
Paying $800K for a ruckman is ridiculous. If he is going to go close to paying his way, he has to become that marking key forward, kicking goals. Naismith becomes our number one ruck and if he has to have help that comes in the form of Sinclair.
Just let Tippett do what he was recruited to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like us to go back to putting Tippett to the position we recruited him to play - Full Forward.

The problem is that we recruited him to be the primary forward target - not realising Franklin would be available the next year.

Having both of them sitting in the forward line is a waste, especially at the SCG.

I'm happy for him to play the role he played very successfully last season, splitting his time between ruck and full forward.

It wouldn't surprise me if something did happen after the game, I mean, we lost a grand final so I can imagine things getting pretty heated in the rooms. If it is true, the fact that they called him out for his effort is a good sign!!

Would have traded the bloke

Doesn't play for the jumper imo
Agree he plays for the $ and if the opportunity arose I'd have traded him as well, but can't deny his best is very good.

Would have traded the bloke

Doesn't play for the jumper imo

That's different to claiming that he needs to win back the trust of the playing group, as you did.

You are massively overreacting to Tippett having a poor game, amongst a group of others that could be thrown into the same boat.
If the playing group are losing their s**t because he had a bad game, our club is f*cked.

That's different to claiming that he needs to win back the trust of the playing group, as you did.

You are massively overreacting to Tippett having a poor game, amongst a group of others that could be thrown into the same boat.
If the playing group are losing their s**t because he had a bad game, our club is f*cked.
You must not know what I'm talking about
Nothing to do with what I think Tippett game was

His attitude after the game was a joke and why he got pulled up

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back