List Mgmt. 2016 Draft, Trades and Retirements Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant say I'm impressed by Florent at 9. Hayward seems a good pick and Maibaum too (Looking forward to commentators in 2018 "Maibum's on fire today"). Overall I'd say our NEAFL team is going to be better next year. Pissed off we couldn't grab English given his apparent skill and our need there I think it's him we'll look back on and regret.

Simkin and Bolton will be the two we regret. Both were available at our picks and both overlooked.

I do think Florent and Hayward will go on to have good careers but Simpkin and Bolton will both be something special in the coming years.

Simkin and Bolton will be the two we regret. Both were available at our picks and both overlooked.

I do think Florent and Hayward will go on to have good careers but Simpkin and Bolton will both be something special in the coming years.

Simmpkin looks a ready made player. You'd have to think he would have been our pick if not for the leg issue. A setback in his rehab was mentioned somewhere. Perhaps he gave clubs the message he wanted to be in Melbourne. I'll have to be convinced about Florent lines like "he'll need to continue to work on his foot skills" don't fill me with much confidence, but then again I've never seen him play. :drunk:

Nah but aliir had some sort of footy smarts. This guy is a joker. We can just be picking guys because they jump high.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
What do you mean by "joker". You have seen him play? Your comment on Choi seems harsh also. He is a young big man learning his craft. Bit early to write him off. Aliir was picked up by us because so many clubs wrote him off. Adam Goodes was also recruited as a high draft pick because of the Victorian clubs racial profiling of young players. He was largely written off as soft. Those clubs are the usual suspects. I am not saying your opinion is a racial stereotype just interested on what information you have on Hooker because he looks a good rookie pick.

Simmpkin looks a ready made player. You'd have to think he would have been our pick if not for the leg issue. A setback in his rehab was mentioned somewhere. Perhaps he gave clubs the message he wanted to be in Melbourne. I'll have to be convinced about Florent lines like "he'll need to continue to work on his foot skills" don't fill me with much confidence, but then again I've never seen him play. :drunk:

Florent's kicking skills are more than fine. One of the better kicks available. His issue is he sometimes tries to be a little cute. Needs to back himself which will come with time and confidence.

grimlock

How many - if any - would you be picking of our academy guys in the rookie draft?

Reinhard, Wilson, McFadden, Hebron, Brown, Baron-Hay
Probably just one. Brown the most likely and Hebron does interest me somewhat but I don't think the others have what it takes to make it at AFL level. Good NEAFL quality players though

Simmpkin looks a ready made player. You'd have to think he would have been our pick if not for the leg issue.

Simpkin uninjured would have either been top 5 (out of our reach). He could have played bad and reduced his stocks or remained on par so we wouldn't have chosen him anyway. We had Florent over Simpkin, so bw it.

Probably just one. Brown the most likely and Hebron does interest me somewhat but I don't think the others have what it takes to make it at AFL level. Good NEAFL quality players though

I dont watch many NEAFL games, but I have liked the look of Hebron. Wouldn't mind him on the rookie list, but I also want to spread our rookie picks over undrafted talent to maybe hit a player like Paps again (However unlikely)

Perhaps these other boys didn't interview as well as the ones we drafted in terms of being committed to staying on for the journey away from their home.

It is a critical reason as to why a club may choose one over the other. My hunch would be that the two we chose may have come across as quality people who would be less risk of going off the rails, being away from family.
But it doesn't matter now! They are ours & want to become future Blood legends.

Let's just all get behind them as though they are members of our own family.

Perhaps these other boys didn't interview as well as the ones we drafted in terms of being committed to staying on for the journey away from their home.

It is a critical reason as to why a club may choose one over the other. My hunch would be that the two we chose may have come across as quality people who would be less risk of going off the rails, being away from family.
But it doesn't matter now! They are ours & want to become future Blood legends.

Let's just all get behind them as though they are members of our own family.

Absolutely. There is so much that goes on behind closed doors that we don't see.

Id like to be clear that I'm not disappointed with the kids we got. I honestly do think they will add something to our team in time, I just think we missed two really good opportunities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club obviously thinks differently to you so I'd say they'd have no regrets!

Looking at this article, it really jumps off the page, how extraordinarily well placed we are.
A big tick to the recruiting staff.
They seemingly praise the dogs for having the least reliance on poach8ng players from rival clubs. I was surprused we were 2nd last only 2 shy of the dogs... Even though we were second last they still manage to try to deflect it by indicating our B&F is one of them... (even though he's more a Swan than a Hawk).

Looking at this article, it really jumps off the page, how extraordinarily well placed we are.
A big tick to the recruiting staff.

If there is anything BigFooty has taught me, it's that Sydney just buy all their players and never develop any of their own talent for flags.

Oh wait :rolleyes:

BsPr49z.png

If there is anything BigFooty has taught me, it's that Sydney just buy all their players and never develop any of their own talent for flags.

Oh wait :rolleyes:

BsPr49z.png
Given all the early top draft selections that GWS have had I was surprised that GWS were 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back