List Mgmt. 2016 Draft, Trades and Retirements Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprused we were 2nd last only 2 shy of the dogs... Even though we were second last they still manage to try to deflect it by indicating our B&F is one of them... (even though he's more a Swan than a Hawk).

Trade ban might have something to do with that, as it came at a time when other teams were signing free agents and the COLA was being phased out.

Looking at next years draft, looks to be qualitt KPF choices which is what we should be in the market for

Which is why I didn't want to go too KPP this draft early (our first 2 picks). Next year has a lot more quality and it bats deep.

However, don't we have an academy prospect next year?

Which is why I didn't want to go too KPP this draft early (our first 2 picks). Next year has a lot more quality and it bats deep.

However, don't we have an academy prospect next year?

Bell looks most likely at this point. Not sure if KPF

Freo still has the most over 30 year old players on a list.

Ross is really going to do it tough you would imagine.

That's assuming he actually stays around rather than going to the next side in a premiership window.

Ross is really going to do it tough you would imagine.
Just signed a 5 year deal too. So he must know hes in for some short term pain. Or freo are idiots. Both even money

THey failed massively on that one not drafting Drew Petrie to back up Sandilands...... I mean after Pavlich they dont even have a key forward as well. What is Ross thinking about list management?

Bell looks most likely at this point. Not sure if KPF

I'd be surprised if we didn't look at Hardman too - Clarence Valley youngster who's been in the academy for 6 or so years, he also has a very late birthday so will still have plenty of developmental potential

Bell plays in the middle from memory

I think we'll take one in each draft over the next two years. Personally I'm hoping Blakey has a growth spurt and picks the Sydney Academy avenue rather than the North father son route
Well he has a few teams to choose from....

Also I think he was AFL "b" academy so after the initial 20/30, but is already a. V tall midfielder at 16

I think we'll take one in each draft over the next two years. Personally I'm hoping Blakey has a growth spurt and picks the Sydney Academy avenue rather than the North father son route

I for one hope he doesnt choose the swans academy. The academy if it is to be justified has got to be about growing the game and recruiting kids that werent going to play footy - exhibit 1 isaac heeney. if it is really about developing kids who were always going to play then weve wasted our time and money. the development he will have got from the swans academy is no different to calder cannons or whatever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prefer to have Tom mitchell

On the fence, loved Tom but his disposal drove me nuts sometimes. Almost felt we could only have 1 or him and Hanners half the time for my sanity!

Agreed, will not be missing his over the shoulder snap kick to the opponents defenders
we're going to miss his tackles no doubt, but disposals I don't think so.

Not so sure about this years draft, but then again last year I had no idea who Papley was. Papley who?

I for one hope he doesnt choose the swans academy. The academy if it is to be justified has got to be about growing the game and recruiting kids that werent going to play footy - exhibit 1 isaac heeney. if it is really about developing kids who were always going to play then weve wasted our time and money. the development he will have got from the swans academy is no different to calder cannons or whatever.

Who knows, without the academy he might not have continued with the sport...? take the academy out of Sydney and you have a piss poor excuse for development. Or, if he continued with the sport he might have had to move away from home?

Anyway, I'd see it as a great show of faith in what we've done for him and his development - no different to any other youth player based in Sydney

we're going to miss his tackles no doubt, but disposals I don't think so.

Not so sure about this years draft, but then again last year I had no idea who Papley was. Papley who?
If it's just the tackling we'll miss Heeney will be more than ample replacement in the midfield. Our forward pressure might drop though. Hopefully Papley stays fit and Towers can find a bit of aggression

If it's just the tackling we'll miss Heeney will be more than ample replacement in the midfield. Our forward pressure might drop though. Hopefully Papley stays fit and Towers can find a bit of aggression

Even Robbo can do the tackles too. Have big hopes for Robinson this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back