List Mgmt. 2016 Draft, Trades and Retirements Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was also a 5yr year contract extension, so its conceivable that the reported deal could cover the full 6 years so even if the deal was $2.5m it would still only be in the vicinity of $416k/yr,
The contract extension was for 5 years, not including the current season. 13-17.

He reached his potential in 12. Premiership player. WTFDWFT.
Hi Bedford, i generally support your comments but do we have different views of potential.

Reid 2012 season

Games 22
Goals 31 Avg 1.41
Behinds 19 Avg 0.86
Kicks 115 Avg 5.23
Handp 91 Avg 4.14
Disp 206 Avg 9.36

Do you call this as his full potential as KPF. This numbers shows a journeyman to me. A couple of very good/great games and average the rest.

For me, no way close to his full potential.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Stats are stats but what do we think about Reid and his role in the team. If he plays in 2017, where do we play him and what do we expect from him.

Reid.jpg

Can he kick enough goals if KPF or big athletic wing/link player getting about 15-20 possies with maybe a goal a week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love hartlett and even if it meant reid Had to be traded

Port are paying him 650k a year supposedly and he's contracted...no way we could afford to pay him that and he's not worth it anyway. He's rarely sighted once the going gets tough.

I read that idiots tweets, he just posts random crap and people follow him. I doubt any of what he says is true.

Like St Kilda bidding for Fyfe.

Seriously. I could make better and more believable crap than he could. His "source" is probably Bay 13 and the club boards here.

Port are paying him 650k a year supposedly and he's contracted...no way we could afford to pay him that and he's not worth it anyway. He's rarely sighted once the going gets tough.
Hamish Hartless.

No thanks

Would love hartlett and even if it meant reid Had to be traded
Hartlett NFW! He's on an inflated contract that we would have to honour and I've seen a fair bit of him play, he's a downhill skier, never shows up when the game is a slog.

If we can't afford to pay Mitchell what his ability is worth there can't be any way we are bringing in players on more than $400-450k unless there is a major clearing of depth players like we did in consecutive years to afford Tippett and Buddy.

As for Reid going, he's worth far more to us in upside than what we'd get at the trade table.

Some reports saying that the club might be interested in Zac Tuoey (linked with Mitchell deal). I've always rated this guy. Tough as nails, super reliable, a very good user of the ball and someone we could slot into the backline to release a Jones or Mills into the midfield or Lloyd on a wing or high forward. Would not be the worst deal ever done.

But ... agree that if Fyfe was half a chance for a trade then we should do everything we can to make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back