List Mgmt. 2016 Draft, Trading and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Say Hogan decides he wants to leave and come to you guys.

3 + Weller + Apeness?

Thoughts

I would imagine that you would ask for something like that but that would be 3 first rounders which might be a tad high, especially if you are getting pick 3.

I would be very confident of him staying if I was you.

Know we're probably set on getting McCarthy, so it's perhaps a bit of a null point, but what does everyone think about trying to get James Stewart from GWS? At 22, 196cm and 93kg, he'll definitely be looking for opportunities elsewhere and he's definitely in an attractive age range for us. He's scored 45 goals in 16 games (40 in the last 11), and although it's in the much maligned NEAFL they're pretty nice numbers. Membrey is a player who has shown that dominance in the NEAFL can lead to solid contributions at AFL level. He's obviously not going to come in and play as the No 1 forward in the team, but he could certainly be a handy second or third tall.

Know we're probably set on getting McCarthy, so it's perhaps a bit of a null point, but what does everyone think about trying to get James Stewart from GWS? At 22, 196cm and 93kg, he'll definitely be looking for opportunities elsewhere and he's definitely in an attractive age range for us. He's scored 45 goals in 16 games (40 in the last 11), and although it's in the much maligned NEAFL they're pretty nice numbers. Membrey is a player who has shown that dominance in the NEAFL can lead to solid contributions at AFL level. He's obviously not going to come in and play as the No 1 forward in the team, but he could certainly be a handy second or third tall.

He talks a bit slow.

(One for the oldies.)

What's he likely to go at?

My Hit list for young talls and out of contract and won't cost the world.

Darcy Gardiner 21yrs 191cm 42 games
Mason Cox 25yrs 211cm 11 games
Tom Nicholls 24yrs 203cm 45 games
James Stewart 22yrs 196cm 18 games
Toby Nankervis 22yrs 199cm 11 games
Jarrod Witts 24yrs 209cm 40 games

What's he likely to go at?

He only played one game this season and overall has played 18 over 4 years. Considering GWS's need for picks as well as the fact that they still need to trim their list a little (I think), means that they can't exactly hold us to ransom. I'm certainly no expert, but i'd say a pick in the range of 30-45 would get the job done. Or we could just give them one of our many dispensable players.

He only played one game this season and overall has played 18 over 4 years. Considering GWS's need for picks as well as the fact that they still need to trim their list a little (I think), means that they can't exactly hold us to ransom. I'm certainly no expert, but i'd say a pick in the range of 30-45 would get the job done. Or we could just give them one of our many dispensable players.

Wasn't he a Collingwood father son that they passed on? Or am I confusing him with someone else.

If it's the guy I'm thinking of, I doubt the Pies would've passed if he was any good but I guess he maybe developed better than expected?

Either way, I'll pass. We need class in that area of the ground, not more battlers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from ruck ,
I prefer kpf and kpd.in the range of 194-197 that can jump a bit. If they got long hand is even better
Too tall will be a bit like daniher.

Must admit I think Stewart has a bit to work with......would love to lure him in psd if he is off contract.

Wasn't he a Collingwood father son that they passed on? Or am I confusing him with someone else.

If it's the guy I'm thinking of, I doubt the Pies would've passed if he was any good but I guess he maybe developed better than expected?

Either way, I'll pass. We need class in that area of the ground, not more battlers.
That is him. He looked like something to work with back when he played a lot last year.

Collingwood should get him to replace Cloke and their forward line can be lead by two sons of the club.

My Hit list for young talls and out of contract and won't cost the world.

Darcy Gardiner 21yrs 191cm 42 games
Mason Cox 25yrs 211cm 11 games
Tom Nicholls 24yrs 203cm 45 games
James Stewart 22yrs 196cm 18 games
Toby Nankervis 22yrs 199cm 11 games
Jarrod Witts 24yrs 209cm 40 games
Hope we go after Nankervis. Should be a relatively cheap option maybe even the PSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back