List Mgmt. 2016 Draft, Trading and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eddy with another 5 goals today against Adelaide in the SANFL, 68 in 18 games during the home and away season. Surely could spare a late pick if he's still around.
Completely agree. Eddy is a gun. If we draft a couple of skinny tall forwards recruiting Eddy would buy as time to develop those players.

Barlow's trade value is next to nill. Why would a club seek to bring in a player with suspect disposal? Unfortunately Barlow will at best be a spar parts man who fills a short term need. Third round draft pick is the deadset most I could see a getting for a player who has two to three years max left in his career.

Then you don't trade him because he is worth deadset more than that to our team!!!

Let me start this with a disclaim: I as a Freo fan do not want us to even look at this player.

However, what happened to Rhys Palmer? I know of his struggles before he left us for GWS but he is playing NEAFL now.

Will other teams look to pick him up or is he done?

I always quite liked him (apart from costing Barlow the brownlow) and was disappointed with how Harvey used him and the fact he left GWS.

Let me start this with a disclaim: I as a Freo fan do not want us to even look at this player.

However, what happened to Rhys Palmer? I know of his struggles before he left us for GWS but he is playing NEAFL now.
He is a bit part player for GWS. With his suspect disposal he has been squeezed out by the talent coming through at GWS. Seems to be ripping up in the NEAFL with 40+ disposals. I have watched quite a bit of the NEAFL on Channel 37 (or whatever the number is) and the talent drops away quickly after afl reserves of Brisbane, GWS, Sydney, GCS and the NT team. Even Jack Anthony playing for a Canberra team was killing it with Nathsn Bock until he injured his neck.

The point is that Palmer is comparable to the likes of Suban and C. Pearce; foot soldiers who are (or should be in Suban's case - thank goodness he is now) depth players. Adam Tomlinson has been toiling away tearing up the NEAFL and he has come in and grabbed his chance. I think Palmer had an injury and since then has been unable to reclaim his spot.

He is a bit part player for GWS. With his suspect disposal he has been squeezed out by the talent coming through at GWS. Seems to be ripping up in the NEAFL with 40+ disposals. I have watched quite a bit of the NEAFL on Channel 37 (or whatever the number is) and the talent drops away quickly after afl reserves of Brisbane, GWS, Sydney, GCS and the NT team. Even Jack Anthony playing for a Canberra team was killing it with Nathsn Bock until he injured his neck.

The point is that Palmer is comparable to the likes of Suban and C. Pearce; foot soldiers who are (or should be in Suban's case - thank goodness he is now) depth players. Adam Tomlinson has been toiling away tearing up the NEAFL and he has come in and grabbed his chance. I think Palmer had an injury and since then has been unable to reclaim his spot.

Thanks for that. It's a shame. I thought (hoped) he would be elite.

Palmer is nothing like Suban for **** sake. Palmer is actually a talented footballer

David Swallow is bog average too
I really mean with regards to his position in the team. It is fair for me to make a massive call (sarcastic emotive needed) that GWS talent wise this season are far above Freo. So with Palmer on the fringe of GWS 22 and Suban on the fringe of Freo 22, yes Palmer is more talented. TBH if we're to go forward neither of them should be anywhere near our top 28.

I don't have a huge opinion on Swallow. Like JOM they just haven't been on the park for a couple of years. The game is moving so quickly that it will take both a good while to adjust.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we get english in this year draft can i suggested that target claremont colt two england next year

I agree and the 6 goals in NEAFL really says more about the NEAFL, as I mentioned in a post above.
I spent a large percentage of the first 7 months of the year working in Canberra and I was living near East Lakes footy club (AKA the Canberra Demons). It wasn't until a couple of months had gone by with me running past a footy training session on my weekly run home from work that I found out it was a semi professional team I was seeing and not the local equivalent of a WAAFL B grade side.

Palmer is nothing like Suban for **** sake. Palmer is actually a talented footballer

David Swallow is bog average too

I gave you a like but it was actually a half like. Totally agree with your comments about Palmer, he is light years ahead of Suban, he has had a real impact at GWS but an unfortunate injury in the worlds most talented squad can be costly.

I really really don't agree with your comment on David Swallow would draft him in a heart beat.

Rotham 30 disp in a flogging from Swans.

Up the other end Logue 33 disp.

Would love us to get one of these guys but seems unlikely unless we trade into the late first/second round.
Did you actually see the game or stayed home and looked up their stats on your PC or Smartphone.

mpSuh69.gif
There is no grapevine you just made that up.

Did you actually see the game or stayed home and looked up their stats on your PC or Smartphone.

I'm afraid to say that's what I did today.

Did anyone see the Black Ducks v Joondie Woondies Colts game? I'd love to know the reason for Rotham and Logue's high stats. Were they playing on a man or just guarding empty space and picking up bombed kicks into the forward line?

I watched English make his Wafl debut today, he went ok without standing out. After half-time he seemed to have a problem with his right leg, possibly soreness of some kind, it got to the stage where in the last quarter they plunked him at full forward so he wouldn't have to move much. Earlier on he took a nice contested mark and his kicking looks quite smooth, the coach gave him a shout out in one of the quarter time huddles. However, I can't see him playing AFL next year, whoever drafts him, more of a 2-3 year investment really.

I can't believe that no AFL club will take a punt on Ben Saunders, he just stitched up the Bernie Naylor Medal for the 3rd time, he is too short to be a full forward (187cm) but would make a good medium forward. He kicked 4 goals 5 today in blustery conditions and he has been known to take the odd screamer. Worth a rookie-listing at least.

I'm afraid to say that's what I did today.

Did anyone see the Black Ducks v Joondie Woondies Colts game? I'd love to know the reason for Rotham and Logue's high stats. Were they playing on a man or just guarding empty space and picking up bombed kicks into the forward line?
There is nothing wrong with that, sometime is very hard to judge skill in wet weather game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back