List Mgmt. 2016 National Draft - Rookie Draft Monday 28th

Remove this Banner Ad

Be great if Twomey was right, pick up McCluggage with pick 4, use our next to claim Bowes as academy pick. Then end up with Scheer as a bargain later in the order, Possibly even pick up 1 or 2 more before we are forced to match for him.

If we end up with McCluggage I will be very happy

Great result for the Pies in terms of the draft for us as:

1. Gets their draft pick owned by GWS up the order to ensure a bid will come for one of their players around 7-8

2. Hopefully Pies can finish above Melbourne and get that pick up the order

Good either way - no #1 bid for Bowes or maybe it is now worth giving up Prestia + top 10 pick or 2 x top 10 picks for McLuggage as he looks to separate himself from the other draftees

Good either way - no #1 bid for Bowes or maybe it is now worth giving up Prestia + top 10 pick or 2 x top 10 picks for McLuggage as he looks to separate himself from the other draftees

I agree. If we could trade Dion and Pick 4 (which would likely be used on Bowes) for pick #1, we would have to consider that

On paper it looks like we are being sodomised, but when you really think about it, it's a massive win win for both clubs

I agree. If we could trade Dion and Pick 4 (which would likely be used on Bowes) for pick #1, we would have to consider that

On paper it looks like we are being sodomised, but when you really think about it, it's a massive win win for both clubs

I don't even like the perception that we have been sodomised. Other clubs will come looking to sodomise us year after year, which would be painful (pardon the pun).

Prestia + #9 + Matera and/or Shaw (Bluey's boys) for #1

Interview with Muhammad Saad (Adam's brother) on future stars (interview starts at 27min40sec in)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So almost one third of picks in the first 2 rounds belong to us? Umm... I dont think so.

We have 6 in the first 36. Our 1st, MELB 1st, Our 2nd, RICH 2nd, FRE 2nd, PORT 2nd.

If you add our picks and GWS's there is a combined 11 of the first 36? Maybe thats where they got that figure from.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-05/indicative-draft-order-giants-suns-set-for-2016-draft-windfall

Did Terry Wallace just get Bored sitting at home..
Re badged himself as ' The List Manager'

Then just follows Cal Twomeys power rankings?
Or is he legit watching every game?

He said the Suns will have to find points to get to pick 16 to pick up Scheer as that's where the bid will come from.

Wallace you spud. We have like 8000 points. Relax man.
Do your research

He said the Suns will have to find points to get to pick 16 to pick up Scheer as that's where the bid will come from.

Do your research

Hi BD

I would be interested in who (and type of player) the GCS require in the draft. Generally the big blokes are not going to hit the ground running but are good for future proofing.

Do your research

Wallace is Laughable - Shifter must have been pissing his pants at some of his comments, and Twomey and Knightmare would have turned over in their graves if they were dead

Dylan Clarke gives run and carry - he is one of the most inside mids in the draft
GWS won't get any bids until pick 8??
Us needing points?
No love for McCreadie in the top 20 - either he has totally forgotten him or is a pretty ballsy call

If Nicholls leaves then Currie is our #1 ruck, Crossley becomes the developing ruck in 2018 and they just find the best mature age #2 back up at the best value we can get (but someone who can ruck at AFL level - i.e. not Brooksby)

EDIT: Leslie is the same size as Brooksby and played ruck in TAC cup so possibly he could play ruck, or when in doubt just throw Sam Day in there when needed.

Last edited:
Nice of St. kilda to beat the Dees today.
Current picks 4, 8, 21, 22, 24, and 28.

For arguments sake if this stayed the same (unlikely) I could see some horse trading with some of the picks.

If JOM, Prestia and/or Nicholls left then there would be some good compensation picks.

Realistically not all of them could be used. Therefore some could be swapped/upgraded (for the next year).

The options are limitless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back