List Mgmt. 2016 National Draft - Rookie Draft Monday 28th

Remove this Banner Ad

As highly touted as Jack is I don't see him entering the draft with wraps as big as Jacob Hopper last year and we were the first to bid on him with the then pick #6. I can see him going as late as #9 or #10.

If we have pick #8 and select him with #8, do we get the 20% discount on points added to our next pick to push it up the order?

As highly touted as Jack is I don't see him entering the draft with wraps as big as Jacob Hopper last year and we were the first to bid on him with the then pick #6. I can see him going as late as #9 or #10.

If we have pick #8 and select him with #8, do we get the 20% discount on points added to our next pick to push it up the order?

I don't think any club has used its own draft selection to pick there own academy player.

I have no idea how it works.

I'm guessing if you wanted to take 3-4 players you'd choose non academy and wait for someone to bid.
That way you get him cheaper
And another quality player at 8 because we can get Bowes at pick 50 if no1 picks him etc

I don't think any club has used its own draft selection to pick there own academy player.

I have no idea how it works.

I'm guessing if you wanted to take 3-4 players you'd choose non academy and wait for someone to bid.
That way you get him cheaper
And another quality player at 8 because we can get Bowes at pick 50 if no1 picks him etc
Agree. But was wondering if Clayton had a trio of skinny outside flankers he wanted in the twenties and didn't want to risk losing those picks/points if Jack was bid on later.

The Suns are being pretty blatant in the way they are playing Bowes , protecting from the hussle and bussle of stoppages at NEAFL level , surely the recruiters cant be that dumb and let him slide , from a Suns point of view i hope they do , but his talent has been for all to see in earlier Neafl games and div 1 and 2 games . If he does slide this draft i know what the Suns will be doing to Crossley next year .

The Suns are being pretty blatant in the way they are playing Bowes , protecting from the hussle and bussle of stoppages at NEAFL level , surely the recruiters cant be that dumb and let him slide , from a Suns point of view i hope they do , but his talent has been for all to see in earlier Neafl games and div 1 and 2 games . If he does slide this draft i know what the Suns will be doing to Crossley next year .

Play Crossley at Full Forward next year in the NEAFL
He is already a beastly ruck.
He can work on his forward craft and slide down the order a little at the same time :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One things for sure this trade and draft period is going to be one of the most interesting for us since our inaugural draft year. Really think we need to clear out those players that are taking us nowhere (even if still under contract) and have a real crack at getting some hard running, durable soldiers in. We're still a young list, and have a good spine developing. Just need some strong bodies and minds. What I want most for Christmas though is an injury-free 2017.

One things for sure this trade and draft period is going to be one of the most interesting for us since our inaugural draft year. Really think we need to clear out those players that are taking us nowhere (even if still under contract) and have a real crack at getting some hard running, durable soldiers in. We're still a young list, and have a good spine developing. Just need some strong bodies and minds. What I want most for Christmas though is an injury-free 2017.

We are going to have to clear the decks of about 7 or 8 players , which sounds easier said than done . Think the club would like to bring in the 3 academy boys , maybe upgrade Davis , bring in amaybe another draftee , 1 or2 mature aged , Fyfe :D. Thinking Russell and Tape have there marching orders , Prestia gone , Schadey still under contract but maybe goneski , Clay Cameron would be nervous .

We are going to have to clear the decks of about 7 or 8 players , which sounds easier said than done . Think the club would like to bring in the 3 academy boys , maybe upgrade Davis , bring in amaybe another draftee , 1 or2 mature aged , Fyfe :D. Thinking Russell and Tape have there marching orders , Prestia gone , Schadey still under contract but maybe goneski , Clay Cameron would be nervous .

Anything is possible but I will throw this into the mix.

Jack Leslie has played 1 game this year and is out of contract this year so logically is more at risk than Schade.

If a club does not have at least 4 blokes capable of playing as a KPD than their list management is questionable.

Lastly there is a critical shortage of KPD in the competition and a scary trend of monster KPF appearing at clubs. I think the other 17 clubs would love to recruit a 197cm KPD who has had 3-5 years in the system but has lacked senior opportunity.

Schade and Leslie have played 20 and 6 games respectively and every game they have played the GCS mid-field has been smashed with huge uncontested inside 50's to defend against. Yet they have been marked as being poor contributors.

I suppose it depends on what sort of spin you want to put on performance to justify your opinion.

I could state Peter Wright has been poor since his 5 goals and should be dropped but the general opinion (of which I agree) is that he is a work in progress.

It is always interesting that some players are given more opportunities to prove themselves than other players.

Anything is possible but I will throw this into the mix.

Jack Leslie has played 1 game this year and is out of contract this year so logically is more at risk than Schade.

If a club does not have at least 4 blokes capable of playing as a KPD than their list management is questionable.

Lastly there is a critical shortage of KPD in the competition and a scary trend of monster KPF appearing at clubs. I think the other 17 clubs would love to recruit a 197cm KPD who has had 3-5 years in the system but has lacked senior opportunity.

Schade and Leslie have played 20 and 6 games respectively and every game they have played the GCS mid-field has been smashed with huge uncontested inside 50's to defend against. Yet they have been marked as being poor contributors.

I suppose it depends on what sort of spin you want to put on performance to justify your opinion.

I could state Peter Wright has been poor since his 5 goals and should be dropped but the general opinion (of which I agree) is that he is a work in progress.

It is always interesting that some players are given more opportunities to prove themselves than other players.
Agree Leslie situation is baffling - can only think he forecast he is looking at other opportunity. Otherwise should have got games when May, Thompson were missing....

Agree Leslie situation is baffling - can only think he forecast he is looking at other opportunity. Otherwise should have got games when May, Thompson were missing....
Agree but he did get a game against GWS did OK 15 possessions as key back then of course he does his ankle on the very last drill on Thursday night training before the next Round and has not played since. Typical.

So my personal opinion at this stage of how the top 4 picks may shake out (assuming/wishing/praying that Bowes doesn't get a bid before our pick):

1. Bombers - Brodie
2. Lions - McLuggage
3. Freo - Petrevski-Seton
4. Suns - Ainsworth

To me that is the top tier before there is a gap to the next tier of non-academy players (McGrath, Marshall, English, Venables) so 4 is a great spot to be drafting from as you just wait and take whoever falls to us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back