List Mgmt. 2016 National Draft - Rookie Draft Monday 28th

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought the point of getting pick 1 was to bid on GWS players which would then decrease the value of Bowes when he gets bidded on.
That's a bit risky, they might just let us have Setterfield and/or Perryman... that would be a disaster!
Also, I don't agree with all this Bullsh#t... if you want a player at pick 1 or whatever, it's because you think he is the best guy at that pick, no other reason should come into.. I cant wait for the day when some club tries to trip some other club up and it backfires on them!

That's a bit risky, they might just let us have Setterfield and/or Perryman... that would be a disaster!
Also, I don't agree with all this Bullsh#t... if you want a player at pick 1 or whatever, it's because you think he is the best guy at that pick, no other reason should come into.. I cant wait for the day when some club tries to trip some other club up and it backfires on them!

Won't happen....No one is going to blow their first pick on a kid they don't rate, just out of spite....That's just silly.

I agree, not really my opinion just what i thought the idea was behind it

I thought the point of getting pick 1 was to bid on GWS players which would then decrease the value of Bowes when he gets bidded on.
Seems the new game is "Academy Wars" - dog eat dog so to speak.
Realistically don't think it will happen on a big scale .
That said - I'm on record as saying GWS would trade for number #1 - possibly giving up Patton and other players - and will likely bid on Bowes because we bid on Hopper last year ( makes their own Academy players cheaper points wise - same as what you are suggesting in our case above).

No Jack Graham - won Div 1 medal. No Zac Fisher probably WAs best player over the carnival. No Kobe Mutch nor Daniel Venables. 3 of these All Australian.
This not a top 50 of draft candidates .... includes a lot of last looks at mainly Vic / TAC candidates and fringe players.

All those three I've highlighted are injured and won't be fit to play- So I'd assume like them that Jack Graham is unfit/injured.

So even if we trade for pick one, they can trade for pick two and still bid for Bowes... maybe we should give 6 and 8 for one and give 4 and 14 and Schade for two... take mcluggage, mcgrath or whoever then Bowes and Scheer with every other pick we have... Get Breust and Broadbent, with o'meara and brooksby... maybe Jong and a free agent and that will be a pretty good trade/draft period...
Genuinely good idea. take McCluggage and Mcgrath with 1 and 2 and and then just focus on our academy boys for the rest of the draft. Its not like we have a heap of available spots on our list at the moment anyway so all we need is 4 or 5 A-grade junior talents and maybe a mature midfielder and we'll be set.

Zane Kirkwood has won his second magarey medal (sanfl b&f).. He's 25 and is a solid onballer, I don't think he has the game to take it to the afl but would be wrapped to see him rookie listed by someone.. CEY only finished with 12 votes but make no mistake, had a fantastic year.

Question time.
who is a player in our top 22 who wasn't selected before pick 30?

Winner gets a prize

Rory Thompson / Steven May etc... all of the 17 year old picks weren't top 30 national draft technically...

Took Miller was 30th pick?
Ryan Davis was outside top 30

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richa was pick 50 something aswell wasn't he?
Gary Ablett pick 40!

I change the Rules. Lol
Scotty Clayton picked at the Suns!!

Rory Thompson / Steven May etc... all of the 17 year old picks weren't top 30 national draft technically...

Took Miller was 30th pick?
Ryan Davis was outside top 30

17yr olds not inc.
Touk was 29 ;)

Ryan Davis.. Is a yes I suppose, only due to injurys. He is player #22
Won't get another contract after 2017 though

All depends on GWS with regards to upgrading to pick 1 / 2. If GWS decide they want those picks, no one else has a chance with the trade/draft currency they have at their disposal to barter with.

I change the Rules. Lol
Scotty Clayton picked at the Suns!!

17yr olds not inc.
Touk was 29 ;)

Ryan Davis.. Is a yes I suppose, only due to injurys. He is player #22
Won't get another contract after 2017 though
Adam Saad was rookie drafted... I'm still reeling at your comment that you are more than happy with Nicholls..
Is this the same Nicholls that jumps too early and keeps doing his PCL?
Haha

Adam Saad was rookie drafted... I'm still reeling at your comment that you are more than happy with Nicholls..
Is this the same Nicholls that jumps too early and keeps doing his PCL?
Haha

I'm happy enough... When he is playing!!
Tom is still average
But Witts is no better.

I'd be all for another ruck if his name was Natanui or Gawn
etc

If that makes sense?

Even Mason Cox shows more promise then Witts lol
Clunking marks kicking goals
That's after what? 2yrs developmemt

Last edited:
I'm happy enough... When he is playing!!
Tom is still average
But Witts is no better.

I'd be all for another ruck if his name was Natanui or Gawn
etc

If that makes sense?

Even Mason Cox shows more promise then Witts lol
Clunking marks kicking goals
That's after what? 2yrs developmemt

Witts v a top 30 draft pick midfielder = Tommy Nicholls will do

My only thoughts are that Currie (almost 28 and injury prone) is no spring chicken and Brooksby is too short to be an AFL standard ruck and we are playing it forward. Throw 3 rucks in the mix and see if 1 can emerge.

The issue is none of them are a natural forwards to play a 2 ruck set up.

Is Brodie that great?
Just casually racks up 20odd touches.
No 30s not many goals.
Not quick or anything just gets his clearances and 20 touches
What's Brodie special trait? His X factor

To me Scheer is a better version of Brodie.
We could do with McGrath more then Brodie.
After I have been on the Brodie train all season you have got me convinced on McGrath. Looks to be an absolute star and perfect sort of player we need. Imagine him and saady running out of our backline!

After I have been on the Brodie train all season you have got me convinced on McGrath. Looks to be an absolute star and perfect sort of player we need. Imagine him and saady running out of our backline!

Lol
After everyone shot me down and told me how great Brodie was I got talked around lol

But McGrath seems to be a point of difference!!
And he is captain another born leader. GC couldn't hurt to pick up more guys with leadership quality a and good work ethic

Somehow we wil stuff everything up

Last edited:
Lol
After everyone shot me down and told me how great Brodie was I got talked around lol

But McGrath seems to be a point of difference!!
And he is captain another born leader. GC couldn't hurt to pick up more guys with leadership quality a and good work ethic

Somehow we wil stuff everything up
My thoughts on McGrath exactly, looks like someone who would bring a good work ethic and leadership to us and would be like that from day one. Plus I love his attack on the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back