List Mgmt. 2016 National Draft - Rookie Draft Monday 28th

Remove this Banner Ad

But.. After McGrath and McLuggage its day light..
It's like pick 1 pick 2
Then jumps to pick 10 Brodie etc.

Could be worth trading up to pick 2
I doubt Ess would take McGrath
Much rather a goal kicking mid in McLuggage or the big clearance mid in brodie

Good for us - less likely to be a bid on Bowes if there is a clear top 2 and it isn't Bowes

EDIT: wouldn't be too upset if Brodie was there at 4 as having him and Scheer would give us our contested beasts for next 10 years, although I heard somewhere that he has been very happy in Melbourne since he moved from the country to Scotch College

I would do that in a heartbeat but don't think Brisbane would.

For a 2 place drop Brisbane get access to a early second rd pick.

Even draft a player they rate at 15 could still be there at 22
Maybe with pick 2 they were looking at SPS or Brodie who will most likely still be there at 4
With Freo at 3 most likely taking English

Worth a crack

If they don't do it .. Well *. Don't deserve a priority pick when giving them a extra decent pick

For a 2 place drop Brisbane get access to a early second rd pick.

Even draft a player they rate at 15 could still be there at 22
Maybe with pick 2 they were looking at SPS or Brodie who will most likely still be there at 4
With Freo at 3 most likely taking English

Worth a crack
There's a good chance they will get pick 20 or 19 as a priority pick. I agree though we should do everything to get McGrath or MccLuggage however the benefit of more youth in the team might not be a lot past 4 players. Aim should be Bowes, McGrath/MccLuggage, Scheer and Williams. Our other picks should just be used on mature players. The rookie draft as well can be used to get a few young players. Joyce, Saad, Davis and MacPherson were steals.

Terry Wallace phantom draft.

Has Brisbane bidding on Bowes at pick 2
Then us taking ruckman English at 8

View attachment 292828 View attachment 292829

He's going to die on that hill with English to the Suns just to f**k with you since you questioned him on it via Twitter

Just need Bowes to sandbag this game on Friday and we should hopefully avoid an early bid before pick 4. Maybe he could run off early faking a groin injury just like Dyson Heppell did leading up to the 2010 draft.

He's going to die on that hill with English to the Suns just to f**k with you since you questioned him on it via Twitter

Just need Bowes to sandbag this game on Friday and we should hopefully avoid an early bid before pick 4. Maybe he could run off early faking a groin injury just like Dyson Heppell did leading up to the 2010 draft.
The closer we get, the more I think we need to trade up to 1 or 2 and get McLuggage/Mcgrath and Bowes.. if we are only going to get one live pick in the top 6(providing we get 6 for Dion) we may as well get the best player... 4 and 6 to Essendon for 1 (and 19 haha, ok just 1)

The closer we get, the more I think we need to trade up to 1 or 2 and get McLuggage/Mcgrath and Bowes.. if we are only going to get one live pick in the top 6(providing we get 6 for Dion) we may as well get the best player... 4 and 6 to Essendon for 1 (and 19 haha, ok just 1)

Try and get 2 as part of the Hanley deal with 4 + 8 + maybe 2nd rd pick if required - happy with either of the top 2 then and if Bombers want to make Bowes #1 we still get a good player at 6

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't you guys openly stated you will not be trading up the draft order?
No, we have openly stated that we are after mature players.. which I take to mean we may only take 1 or two live picks along side our 3 academy boys. This could make it even more likely that we trade up but there is so much water to go under the bridge. Anything could happen. .

Looking at your Terry Wallace draft pics, doesn't actually show who he tipped taking which of the top 10 and how do Cats get into 16..?

I'm not sure if I read your question correctly but Cats don't have a pick 16 - gave it to Carlton for Henderson who then gave it to GWS

SPS is the definition of a Clayton special - if he was there at 4 I don't know how he could help himself from picking him and blowing his load all over the Sydney Convention Centre
This made me laugh haha.
Small, aboriginal, west Australian, quick, skilled, not sure on position- defiantly a clayton pick.

I wouldn't be upset if we drafted SPS with one of our top ten picks. We're already picking up two bigger midfielders in Bowes and Scheer. SPS has appeared to drop off a bit this year but prior to this he has long been touted as a possible number one pick. This year he has had some injury concerns, has played in a s**t WA side and could well be just coasting. I haven't been impressed by the skills of this years crop overall but this kid is a rolls Royce. Could end up being a Cyril like bargain.

I wouldn't be upset if we drafted SPS with one of our top ten picks. We're already picking up two bigger midfielders in Bowes and Scheer. SPS has appeared to drop off a bit this year but prior to this he has long been touted as a possible number one pick. This year he has had some injury concerns, has played in a s**t WA side and could well be just coasting. I haven't been impressed by the skills of this years crop overall but this kid is a rolls Royce. Could end up being a Cyril like bargain.

Said the same about Martin.
The greatest under age talent ever seen

ATM wouldn't rate Jack in the top qtr
of players in the comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back