List Mgmt. 2016 Draft - It was on last Friday.

Remove this Banner Ad

From what i gather there is quite a few inside mids that will go in the 2nd round, so we should be able to get some there if we can get some draft picks in for those that want to leave.

What I meant was that if we can trade out picks, even 6, and get really good returns that turn our super 5 into a super 6/7/8 we will be soooo much closer to being a good team. But if we get the wrong players then :'(

We can only wait and see

possible scenario would be
pick 6 to GWS 15 & 16 & Stewart
15 to GC for Prestia
16 to Syd for Mitchell
or
keep pick 6 and get another late first round pick somehow for Prestia.

"Fine Eyes" Jackson was there watching.
w4XzLVx.jpg
hope he is looking in the guts not on the flanks & pockets!

What I meant was that if we can trade out picks, even 6, and get really good returns that turn our super 5 into a super 6/7/8 we will be soooo much closer to being a good team. But if we get the wrong players then :'(

We can only wait and see

Only for those who do not have the finger on the pulse, we need to go to the draft, its as clear as day time with a clear blue sky!!!!!

Only for those who do not have the finger on the pulse, we need to go to the draft, its as clear as day time with a clear blue sky!!!!!

I know you feel that way. I agree that in general that's the best policy. But sometimes, just sometimes, good things are available for those willing to dare. I don't know, but maybe we might be able to get something good this year through some aggressive trading. Maybe just go draft. Only issue is that draft is riskier and takes longer. So, if you can get a ready made quality player that is relatively young it is usually a better thing than a draft pick. Getting that type of player is the problem.

I know you feel that way. I agree that in general that's the best policy. But sometimes, just sometimes, good things are available for those willing to dare. I don't know, but maybe we might be able to get something good this year through some aggressive trading. Maybe just go draft. Only issue is that draft is riskier and takes longer. So, if you can get a ready made quality player that is relatively young it is usually a better thing than a draft pick. Getting that type of player is the problem.

Can't agree, draft picks as a rule, even with the risks, are better than ready made players.

This is the perception that has ruined RFC!!!!

Hawks, GWS and Bulldogs have proven this and the fact RFC simply have not gone to the draft well enough!!

Can't agree, draft picks as a rule, even with the risks, are better than ready made players.

This is the perception that has ruined RFC!!!!

Hawks, GWS and Bulldogs have proven this and the fact RFC simply have not gone to the draft well enough!!

Agree to disagree that this is a general rule.

Over time I suspect that, in general, keeping first, and usually second, round picks allows you to select a better squad. But at times trading for ready made players allows you to target key areas and do so in a way that provides 5-8 years of good service. It is context dependent. I truly believe that.

Good trades can transform a squad quickly. Bad trades can destroy a squad. Good drafting builds a squad slowly. Bad drafting slowly screws a squad.

Clubs seriously need to boycott trading with GWS, make them use thier picks on academy players (bidding). all they are doing as it is atm is making them stronger
Actually had the same thought, but at the end of the day clubs will look after themselves and get the best deal/s they can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually had the same thought, but at the end of the day clubs will look after themselves and get the best deal/s they can.
watch with delight as Carlton won't be able to challenge GWS with a team of thier retreads, ditto pies.
by trading with them for early picks all they are doing is rinse & repeat & they will never decline by doing this & the other Clubs are hurting themselves in the long run by letting them do it.

pick 6 to GWS 15 & 16 & Stewart

GWs won't do that. Not with their academy picks in the draft.

Pick 6 is worth 1751 points. 15+16 = 2179 points.

GWs won't do that. Not with their academy picks in the draft.

Pick 6 is worth 1751 points. 15+16 = 2179 points.
Picks 15 and 16 will more than likely end up being picks 20 and 21 after academy nominations. They are valued at 1790. They are keen on moving up the draft order to get Mcgrath so a possibility.

Only seen the game after half time, brodie seems to be labouring? Is he carrying an injury? Seems like he's not interested

Remove this Banner Ad

Back