List Mgmt. 2016 Draft - It was on last Friday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty to like from that game.

Florent is absolute class and if he can manage to rack the ball up like that on a consistent basis then he will prove to be one of the best players from this draft.

Taranto has to be our guy although he may go before our pick with the way he finished of the year.

I would love to get Prestia.

But deadset rather keep six if they want to play silly buggers.

Taranto looks like rolled-gold.

The only way Taranto doesn't go top 2 is if Brisbane bid on Bowes and GC don't match, or GWS gets pick 1 and drafts McGrath. McCluggage will go at 1 otherwise. He and Taranto are on par, but ahead of everyone else.

You reckon he's risen that much? I reckon either him or Brodie will be there at 6.

Can't get rid of this draft pick at all. I'd even look to use pick 6 and player for pick 2,3 or 4.

For an even draft boy there's some absolute belters at the top of the draft.

You reckon he's risen that much? I reckon either him or Brodie will be there at 6.

Can't get rid of this draft pick at all. I'd even look to use pick 6 and player for pick 2,3 or 4.

Taranto's finals and game today put him ahead of everyone bar McCluggage. I think Brodie will be there at 6.

The only way Taranto doesn't go top 2 is if Brisbane bid on Bowes and GC don't match, or GWS gets pick 1 and drafts McGrath. McCluggage will go at 1 otherwise. He and Taranto are on par, but ahead of everyone else.

Well then we get a Brodie, Scrimshaw, SPS or McGrath.

One has to slip & they are all jets.

I'm thinking main 5 are McCluggage, Brodie, Taranto, McGrath, Scrimshaw.

Could we end up missing all 5?

Assuming Freo might get a WA boy, then we get one of the above.

Realistically it looks like Scrimshaw and he will be a fantastic player.

Well then we get a Brodie, Scrimshaw, SPS or McGrath.

One has to slip & they are all jets.
Yep.

I'm thinking main 5 are McCluggage, Brodie, Taranto, McGrath, Scrimshaw.

Could we end up missing all 5?

Assuming Freo might get a WA boy, then we get one of the above.

Realistically it looks like Scrimshaw and he will be a fantastic player.
I doubt Scrimshaw goes top 5. I'd actually be surprised if we took him. I think Brodie is there at 6 and we take him.

Had it on a string, kicked 4, as did McCluggage. They were head and shoulders better than anyone, with Florent probably third-best afield.

Still think he gets to 6 if Bowes is bid on. Went and read the article and Bowes and SPS both had good games too.

McCluggage is a lock at 1 unless GWS get it and McGrath was unbelievable in the grand final plus a few games in the champs, he will go 1 if GWS have it or 2.

Still think it comes down to the bid on Bowes, Carlton would love to match Brodie and Cripps together for the next 10 years after getting Weitering, Curnow and McKay last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Taranto gets to 6 the clubs ahead of us have stuffed up. He's every bit as good as McCluggage.

I'm very much agree that I think Taranto will be the best. But also think that Brodie, SPS, McGrath and Bowes have more runs on the board so think they will still be up there for clubs.

Haven't seen a lot of play this year but have seen a lot of the finals and I would take Taranto over McGrath and Scrimsaw. Just keeps getting better and wants to be the best.

I love Tarantos tackling and aerial ability. Reminds me of Rory Sloane is this regard.

Keeping Pick 6 is vital.

As will be next years first. Don't know how they get it done but can't pass up Taranto, Brodie or McCluggage.

Would trade next years first for another pick inside this years top 10.

Freo are the obvious club to trade with. Most likely to take either SPS or English who will still be available at 6. If Yarran is traded perhaps a trade of Pick 6 and Yarran for Pick 3 and their third rounder, obviously take a hit on Yarran but who we take at pick 3 could be worth it and another pick inside 40 in this years draft could turn out to be a good player.

I said earlier in the season that this years draft had a lot of potential quality players but no real standouts but as the season has progressed that statement has certainly been proven incorrect. It has some real standouts and plenty of quality later on.

I love Tarantos tackling and aerial ability. Reminds me of Rory Sloane is this regard.

Would trade next years first for another pick inside this years top 10.

Freo are the obvious club to trade with. Most likely to take either SPS or English who will still be available at 6. If Yarran is traded perhaps a trade of Pick 6 and Yarran for Pick 3 and their third rounder, obviously take a hit on Yarran but who we take at pick 3 could be worth it and another pick inside 40 in this years draft could turn out to be a good player.

I said earlier in the season that this years draft had a lot of potential quality players but no real standouts but as the season has progressed that statement has certainly been proven incorrect. It has some real standouts and plenty of quality later on.

Yeah love his tackling. Would love him, Drew and W.Rioli to take our tackling to an AFL standard. ;)

I don't think Freo will take Yarran, i'm even starting to doubt he'll play again and im in the positive camp. Although the trade makes a bit of sense, like WCE and Collingwood a few years ago when WCE downgrade from 5 to 11 for Sheep and nabbed pick 30 odd.

Yeah love his tackling. Would love him, Drew and W.Rioli to take our tackling to an AFL standard. ;)

I don't think Freo will take Yarran, i'm even starting to doubt he'll play again and im in the positive camp. Although the trade makes a bit of sense, like WCE and Collingwood a few years ago when WCE downgrade from 5 to 11 for Sheep and nabbed pick 30 odd.

I hope to have a lot more picks. If both Deledio and Lennon are traded then Will Hayward is one guy we should target to fill their void.

I hope to have a lot more picks. If both Deledio and Lennon are traded then Will Hayward is one guy we should target to fill their void.

I hope so too but those 3 fill 3 important spots. Would also target Sproule and Logue, maybe simpkin with enough picks. Would use a 3rd rounder on Lyons too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back