List Mgmt. 2016 Draft - It was on last Friday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Something about SPP's kicking that looks a bit bung but he has a lot of qualities we need more of at tigerland. Could he have man child syndrome and therefore a lower ceiling at the next level? Even though he doesn't look a 100% natural footballer I wouldn't be unhappy if we took him at 27.

Last edited:
English is a ruck, maybe becomes KPF. Marshall is very skinny, both are being picked for their perceived upside as opposed to what they've produced compared to previous KPP like Hogan, Patton, Boyd, Wright McCarthy, McCartin, Lever, Weitering, Schache etc...

English goes at 7 because Freo love him and I reckon Marshall goes between 12-20.

Generally the ones with the more question marks turn out to be the very best. Only concern I have with Marshall is if his body will fill out, provided it does he should prove to be a steal.

Can anyone tell me if they have watched Zach Fisher a WA boy play? He is small in stature. but boy this kid just keeps getting the footy. He is a possession machine and shows a fair bit of flair. Just keeps running.
I'd like to know if anyone has an idea of where he is likely to go in the draft? I know he was in the WA squad and played games for Perth. Super impressive. Like to hear from anyone who has seen him play and what their thoughts on him are.

Was very impressed with him during the champs but haven't seen much of him since. Arguably the best performed potential draftee in this years pool given he has done it against men and was one of the best in the champs.

i certainly would be next yr, Griff isn't the most durable & Jack won't be around forever & we have bugger all coming through atm. Draft a gun key fwd next & we have a 10 yr player we can build our next fwd line around. for mine Griff isn't that player.

Should be using next years draft picks to immediately improve the team, that means not taking a 3-4 year project KPP.

Although a lot can change over the course of the next 12 months.

Are there that many other options? If powell pepper is there then take him, but other then that kp players are poor, so might have to take a flanker. Dylan clarke might be an option if we want mids

Powell Pepper is a flanker. Could be dangerous there at AFL level but won't be in the system for long if developed as an out and out midfielder.

Generally the ones with the more question marks turn out to be the very best. Only concern I have with Marshall is if his body will fill out, provided it does he should prove to be a steal.

Was very impressed with him during the champs but haven't seen much of him since. Arguably the best performed potential draftee in this years pool given he has done it against men and was one of the best in the champs.

Should be using next years draft picks to immediately improve the team, that means not taking a 3-4 year project KPP.

Although a lot can change over the course of the next 12 months.

Powell Pepper is a flanker. Could be dangerous there at AFL level but won't be in the system for long if developed as an out and out midfielder.
most top 15 fwds (the decent ones) can play str8 away but generally take a yr or 2 to really come on. with 2 1st rounders next year thats a great chance to pick one up & a mid with the other pick

most top 15 fwds (the decent ones) can play str8 away but generally take a yr or 2 to really come on. with 2 1st rounders next year thats a great chance to pick one up & a mid with the other pick

Why wait a year or two? Either target one through free agency or use the picks we have to trade in someone like Peter Wright or Tom Lynch, getting a sure thing in the process.

Why wait a year or two? Either target one through free agency or use the picks we have to trade in someone like Peter Wright or Tom Lynch, getting a sure thing in the process.
fair call, i'd still back in a key fwd at Draft. the good ones all have exceptional jnr #'s. any fwd without exceptional #'s at jr level are generally best left alone.
basically all the top key fwds now all stood out at jr level.

Interestingly afl.com reporting Abblett requested a trade back to cats with 2 years left on his contract. We're not in Kansas anymore toto....

Makes me wonder about next years potential trades coming out of GC????

Interestingly afl.com reporting Abblett requested a trade back to cats with 2 years left on his contract. We're not in Kansas anymore toto....

c751cc58101b15a40feeb6a16e9a019d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been thinking all along it was really weird how the whole Caddy / Deledio thing worked out.

I'm thinking there isn't a lot of cap room BUT not nearly as bad as everyone are making it to be. Lids said he wanted to go to Geelong and they thought you beauty. Then GAJ came along and said "hang on Wellsy save some cash for me, I'm coming home within the next year or two".

Geelong go s**t how cAn we clear some space? No one wants Fatlop so we're going to have to cough up someone else. Ah the Tigers seemed keen on Caddy, might as well cash him in for whatever we can get now in preparation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been 'chasing a few stories' today:

Bishop Who do you think we should take with 27?

It's a hard one, an inside mid would be nice in the 30s- but we dont have one there. I like Ridley / Cox / Hayward but feel all three are gone by then. SPP gone too- but I'm not drafting him.

what do you think of Josh Begley richoatthedisco , Bishop ?

Seems veey Stringer-esque to me. Do you think he could develop into a Midfielder full time a few years down the track?

2nd-3rd rounder from what all the word is. Needs to trim down a tad, but will be good. I think we'd consider him, had no preseason at all and showed a bit through mid later in season.

I like cedric cox a lot. Any draft experts have opinions on him?

Very good, would be the one I take there. Has had an outstanding season, elite on both sides. Plays his best off HBF, but can go forward. Probably will be drafted by then however.

No point discussing Powell-Pepper.

It's a hard one, an inside mid would be nice in the 30s- but we dont have one there. I like Ridley / Cox / Hayward but feel all three are gone by then. SPP gone too- but I'm not drafting him.

Who's taking SPP?

2nd-3rd rounder from what all the word is. Needs to trim down a tad, but will be good. I think we'd consider him, had no preseason at all and showed a bit through mid later in season.

Very good, would be the one I take there. Has had an outstanding season, elite on both sides. Plays his best off HBF, but can go forward. Probably will be drafted by then however.

Thoughts on Witherden? I have only seen one game of his (Werribee AIS) and there generally not the greatest of games to judge of.

Who's taking SPP?

Reckon he's a chance for both Crows & WCE at their first rounder.

Thoughts on Witherden? I have only seen one game of his (Werribee AIS) and there generally not the greatest of games to judge of.

Nice kick, looks a bit lanky from what I've seen on him. Will need some time in the gym, but moves well and is agile enough to get around the packs. Liked what I've seen from him, is pretty good in contested situations. Some of his moments of vision spotting players on the field is very good too. Won't be there at 27 I'd have thought- but would take him if not.

Who is the big inside mid thats a bull , Has elite kicking and good pace

Thats the kid i want with #27

#50 something
The kid that turns into a Parker clone will do

On a Serious note though, I will start my annual rant about drafting
DARCY CAMERON , Cant believe this kid is yet to get a chance, We have Nankervis but still need another Mobile ruck with Maric & Hampson both on their last legs

PLEASE RICHMOND RECRUITING DEPT : DARCY CAMERON

Last edited:
At 27 we should be able to get a good quality role player midfielder. Sounds like this s not the year for talls. But next year 2 * firsts and a good array of talls sounds great to start to fix a major future list need.
I really would like a safe, great attitude midfielder to add to our depth there and to provide a long term option as some guys get over 30.

At 27 we are very unlikely to get a star or solve an immediate list problem. But if we can get someone that can add to the team, even as a B grader, I will be happy.
Might not get a star, but there is definite possibility of securing one.
Mitch Duncan - 28
Jack Gunstan - 29
Max Gawn - 34
Ben Stratton - 46
Taylor Duryea - 69
Luke Parker - 40
Alex Fasolo - 45
Elliot Yeo - 30
Brad Hill - 33
Lachie Neale - 58
Kamdyn Mcintosh -31
Mason Wood - 41
Tim Membrey - 46
Rory Atkins - 81
Lewis Taylor - 28
Rory Lobb - 29
Jake Kolodashnij - 41
Allir Allir - 44
Orazio Fantasia 55
Sam Lloyd - 66

Might not get a star, but there is definite possibility of securing one.
Mitch Duncan - 28
Jack Gunstan - 29
Max Gawn - 34
Ben Stratton - 46
Taylor Duryea - 69
Luke Parker - 40
Alex Fasolo - 45
Elliot Yeo - 30
Brad Hill - 33
Lachie Neale - 58
Kamdyn Mcintosh -31
Mason Wood - 41
Tim Membrey - 46
Rory Atkins - 81
Lewis Taylor - 28
Rory Lobb - 29
Jake Kolodashnij - 41
Allir Allir - 44
Orazio Fantasia 55
Sam Lloyd - 66
Some decent selections but just remember, we're talking about our recruitment guys now. .

put it this way, Elton was pick 26, do we really want to go down this road again?
I'll put it this way. Elton is no good - and it's taken six years to come to this point. Yes, agree.
I'll bet my left testicle Moore does not become a force at AFL level no matter how much promise he shows in an eight possession game v Frankston; and Chol is miles off the pace right now.
We are one Jack or Alex Rance injury away from disaster right now.
I would back an 18-year-old draftee to step up and perform ahead of Elton, Moore and Chol should Griffiths or Riewoldt go down.
Getting in a tall is critical.
A lot of people suggesting we wait til next year to grab two are the same people saying talls take time - say three/four years.
So we are going to waste this so-called great midfield talent we have now waiting for a crop of 2017 drafted talls to be right to go in 2020.
Richmond have never been great at getting the right mix of draftees.
2014 - Lennon, Gordon, Lloyd all mid-size forwards.
2015 - CEllis, Menadue, Drummond, Butler all similar types.

I'll put it this way. Elton is no good - and it's taken six years to come to this point. Yes, agree.
I'll bet my left testicle Moore does not become a force at AFL level no matter how much promise he shows in an eight possession game v Frankston; and Chol is miles off the pace right now.
We are one Jack or Alex Rance injury away from disaster right now.
I would back an 18-year-old draftee to step up and perform ahead of Elton, Moore and Chol should Griffiths or Riewoldt go down.
Getting in a tall is critical.
A lot of people suggesting we wait til next year to grab two are the same people saying talls take time - say three/four years.
So we are going to waste this so-called great midfield talent we have now waiting for a crop of 2017 drafted talls to be right to go in 2020.
Richmond have never been great at getting the right mix of draftees.
2014 - Lennon, Gordon, Lloyd all mid-size forwards.
2015 - CEllis, Menadue, Drummond, Butler all similar types.
Tough to grab a good KPF late in the draft. A KPD is an absolute must and we should be in the ear of a few KPF's for next year. We have 2 first rounders to get it done with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back