Hot Topic 2016 DRAFT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically we need one of GWS or Brisbane to bid on Bowes?

Would mean only Mcluggage, McCarthy and Ainsworth (and Bowes) off the table before our pick?

You'd think GC would be all over Brodie as he is mature and they have so many other kids that will be coming in.

McGrath. :)

Feel confident that we'll get one of Brodie or Taranto.
Can't see us going for any back-men, as good as they may be.

Brodie looks like the player we need to help cripps that allows us to focus on outside mids later this draft or in nect yrs draft.

Also like Daniel Venables or Jordan Gallucci for pick 25

not sure what we will pick at 3rd rd or 4th rd.

Brodie was very impressive in the AIS games Vs VFL teams, earlier in the year.
Was really holding he's own up against the bigger bodies.
He is the best clearance player of this draft, good size at 189cm.
Dylan Clarke was the 1st ranked contested ball player in the TAC cup with Drew ranked 3rd
and Taranto ranked 5th.

McGrath. :)

Feel confident that we'll get one of Brodie or Taranto.
Can't see us going for any back-men, as good as they may be.

Really can't lose at pick 5 it will be one of SPS Brodie Taranto or Scrimshaw.
Would have liked Anisworth but think Brisbane really like the idea of playing Anisworth in the same forward line as Schache.
Taranto is a great prospect, only thing that worries me with him is he's field kicking.

Would mean only Mcluggage, Mcgrath and Ainsworth (and Bowes) off the table before our pick?

You'd think GC would be all over Brodie as he is mature and they have so many other kids that will be coming in.
Yeah, I would think Brodie would be the exact type GC would be after. Hopefully Brisbane bid on Bowes so they don't get the chance (if he is who we are after).

It depends on the draft. This draft has some real depth, having picks in every round is a very good drafting strategy.
When people say this draft has good depth, what does that mean in terms of a number? Is the first 40 good? First 50? Would an aveage draft be only 30?

When people say this draft has good depth, what does that mean in terms of a number? Is the first 40 good? First 50? Would an aveage draft be only 30?

I'd say there is potentially 50-60 good prospects in this years draft.
Last year was considered average draft for depth with a very good top 20 but it really fell away after 30.
We struck gold with Jack at pick 55.

Wonder if Setterfield will come into calculations at #5.

Would we bid or would that taint our trade relationship with GWS?

I think we might be done as far as raiding their list goes. Got a crazy deal last year, an OK one this year (though they tried really hard to squeeze us for the possible Gibbs pick), and I think it'll be business as usual from 2017. Their list will be at AFL standard size, so they won't need to cut extra players. And we've done pretty well in topping up with quality guys under 23yo, so focusing on the draft and FA's makes more sense for us in the long and short term.

If we like one of their academy guys at 5, I reckon SOS will call them out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I would think Brodie would be the exact type GC would be after. Hopefully Brisbane bid on Bowes so they don't get the chance (if he is who we are after).

GCS love there flashy outside types, Clayton loves them.
May be this is the year they go an inside ball winner, but Im hearing that they love Scrimshaw.
Think Scrimshaw could be a good fit for us, we could start him off across half back and then develope him into a tall midfielder.

Would be silly to pass on Brodie.

2nd best player in this draft, as teams ahead of us are drafting on need GWS (McGrath), Brisbane (Ainsworth) and GC (Bowes). Brodie projects to be similar to Ollie Wines, will win us multiple games off his own boot and is a Vic kid, which we seem set on.

I like Taranto and Scrimshaw but I don't think they've got the same certainty Brodie has.

Have watched some footage of this years draft prospects.

Florent is absolute class, not much else to say.

Venables has real upside, could be someone who drops.

I've developed doubts over Taranto's ability to move into the midfield, kind of feel he's more suited to the HFF. Knightmare seems to be close to the mark comparing him with Fasolo.

Brodie has once again become my go to guy for pick 5, him and Cripps would form a dastardly duo.

Ryan Clarke doesn't seem to be able to run.

Although Pepper is hard at the contest and possesses superb breakaway speed, his movements seem a little wild and I'm unsure about his disposal of the ball.

Not much footage of Drew through the middle unfortunately, so difficult to gauge him.

One thing we haven't quite addressed here, is just how well SOS did to re-work the GWS deal, in order to have us holding our first & second draft picks.
It could have been easy to buckle and let go of the #5 allowing Stewart & Barrett/McKenna to come on board and for us to lose our first.
I'm actually thankful we got Palmer, allowing us to hold onto that pick #5.

What did Stewart and McKenna go for? There's no WAY they would've bumped up Marchbank's cost to pick #5.

Quality over quantity. SOS knows this.

Would mean only Mcluggage, Mcgrath and Ainsworth (and Bowes) off the table before our pick?

I think you're right... I also think Gcs would have a handshake with GWS not to bid on Bowes and Suns won't bid on Setterfield and Perryman... Also with Bris as part of their Hanley deal where Bris got a First and second round pick for the 28 year old (thats better than JOM).. highly illegal, but how do you police it...

After they tried to muscle us into losing Gibbs for peanuts I'd say our 'special relationship' is over.
Moot point really as we'll still get the players that nominate us unless we lose our minds at the trade table, and GWS won't have anything they'll want to part with after another off-season.

Have watched some footage of this years draft prospects.

Florent is absolute class, not much else to say.

Venables has real upside, could be someone who drops.

I've developed doubts over Taranto's ability to move into the midfield, kind of feel he's more suited to the HFF. Knightmare seems to be close to the mark comparing him with Fasolo.

Brodie has once again become my go to guy for pick 5, him and Cripps would form a dastardly duo.

Ryan Clarke doesn't seem to be able to run.

Although Pepper is hard at the contest and possesses superb breakaway speed, his movements seem a little wild and I'm unsure about his disposal of the ball.

Not much footage of Drew through the middle unfortunately, so difficult to gauge him.
Just on Ryan Clarke from the vision I have seen of him I have great concerns about his disposal by foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back