Hot Topic 2016 DRAFT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that we have the better young talent but I can understand Essendon saying they have.

Merrett, Parish, Fantasia, Francis, Langford, Laverde & Daniher. (I don't particularly love Langford but maybe)
Gleeson, I'm not that big on and Redman???

We have Cripps, Docherty, Byrne, Weitering, CCurnow, Silvagni, Mckay and Plowman who all seem pretty safe to me.
Cuningham maybe, but it would have been nice to at least have had DVR & Jaksch here also.
I don't get the hype over Laverde to be honest... I just don't see it.

I don't either, I rated him pre draft, but hasn't set me on fire since. Apparently has an awful attitude as well. So happy we didn't take him, in fact his attitude may have been a reason he didn't end up in Blue.

He looks as though he has the tricks but doesn't seem to work anywhere near hard enough.
Langford can also look lazy but I think he's just naturally laconic.

Wonder what the Essendon folk think? They'll give him the benefit of the doubt for sure.....but you can for only so long.

I don't either, I rated him pre draft, but hasn't set me on fire since. Apparently has an awful attitude as well. So happy we didn't take him, in fact his attitude may have been a reason he didn't end up in Blue.

You can take that to the bank.

I think that we have the better young talent but I can understand Essendon saying they have.

Merrett, Parish, Fantasia, Francis, Langford, Laverde & Daniher. (I don't particularly love Langford but maybe)
Gleeson, I'm not that big on and Redman???

We have Cripps, Docherty, Byrne, Weitering, CCurnow, Silvagni, Mckay and Plowman who all seem pretty safe to me.
Cuningham maybe, but it would have been nice to at least have had DVR & Jaksch here also.
No love for Alex Morgan?

Mick Ablett thinks Bowes is in the top 3 of the draft and Gold Coast would have to use pick 4 on him. Just need to stay below Richmond's percentage and we'll be very close to nabbing Ainsworth. He had another good week in the midfield.

Cal Twomey who may as well be the Essendon media manager/cheer squad leader was saying he hoped Essendon got Jy Simpkin at 19 but Ablett said he'd be surprised if he lasted that long.

Dylan Clarke had 33 possessions in another high production game. Not sure what other tricks he has but can certainly find it.

It's pretty late in the year and there's a fair little percentage gap. I dont think it's certain we'll rise to pick #6

The numbers to watch are:

We beat * by 30 points.
Sydney beat Tigers by 60 points.

Then we go above Tigers by 0.1%

Both results seems very possible and maybe even probable.

It will be lineball.

We beat * by 30 points.

It will be lineball.
The line is 20.5 for the Blues and 46.5 for the Swans. Bookies think we get pick 5 but it is close. (I think the 20.5 is good value for us)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We beat * by 30 points.

It will be lineball.
Or we beat * by 100 and Shitney beats the tuggers by lots as well, we end up about 5% above them :D

That would be so good for the LOLs :D top 4 tuggers!

It would be - as Wil Anderson and Charlie Clausen would say - very Richmondy for them to win the last week against the Swans with nothing really on the line for them.

Think smashing * and finishing above the Tigers will be - much as I want a top 4/5 pick - worth it 100%. Plus, it's well known that you're always safe drafting after the Tiggers.

Might not matter anyway as that pick will be going to the Suns for Prestia anyway... Now I would be nervous about drafting after Suns at 4+5 given they're after midfielders.

We beat * by 30 points.

It will be lineball.
Sydney won't bust a gut against the Tigers. By the time they play, they will know where both Adelaide & Geelong's final percentages sit & therefore know what they need to do to keep top spot.

Sydney won't bust a gut against the Tigers. By the time they play, they will know where both Adelaide & Geelong's final percentages sit & therefore know what they need to do to keep top spot.

Hope you're right.

The worrying part is that they mightn't have to even go close to busting a gut to beat the current Tiges by 60 or so at the SCG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back