Hot Topic 2016 DRAFT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realistically who will bid on Bowes? The Lions wont (academy sides wont force each other to take academy kids), * wouldn't risk #1 (or want to lose the marketing opportunities related to #1) so it will come down to Freo bidding at #3. How likely is that occurring?

Brodie is still favorite for Ess at No1 in my book.
It really is a travesty for Essendope to get the number 1 pick. The only reason they finished last is because they lost 12 players. The only reason they lost 12 players is because they broke the law. They are effectively being rewarded for cheating.
No one expects them to be at or near the bottom of the ladder next season.

It really is a travesty for Essendope to get the number 1 pick. The only reason they finished last is because they lost 12 players. The only reason they lost 12 players is because they broke the law. They are effectively being rewarded for cheating.

This drives me mental. Should be getting pick 19 at best. AFL is a joke. How is more not made of this?

I think we all need to build a bridge and get over it. At least it is a year there is no standout and of no real advantage.

This drives me mental. Should be getting pick 19 at best. AFL is a joke. How is more not made of this?
Because they expect us all to be lemmings and blindly follow their pro Essendon bullshit. They think that we think that a strong Essendon is a strong AFL, * that noise.

Scum of an organisation the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would really like to see the AFL Draft order based on 4 years results to reduce the rorting and tanking problems.
Makes tanking harder as nobody wants to tank for several years and lose commercial opportunities/years of supporters.
Rewards teams that are consistently bad and need help (not the minor premiers who drop down for a year in the basement, or WADA panellised teams).

I've been saying this since the AFL informed us that this will be the case.

It's patently wrong and sometimes somewhat funny when people suggest that Essendon 'deserve' pick #1 because of where they finished or even worse, when they say............."They've suffered enough"

Missing the point of justice altogether. Silver Lining stuff doesn't sit very well with me in regards to this matter and it's got nothing to do with it being Essendon. That's not the point at all.

Because they expect us all to be lemmings and blindly follow their pro Essendon bullshit. They think that we think that a strong Essendon is a strong AFL, **** that noise.

Scum of an organisation the AFL.

They got it wrong. Simple.

When you make a mistake you have the chance to fix that mistake but what now?
"Oh, it's too late but don't worry..........we'll get it right next time?"

I want to see journos turn the heat on Gil and co on this one........but they won't.
I can understand the AFL having wanted to protect Essendon through a tough time. It may have been wrong but I get it.

This silver lining s**t I don't get though. It's wrong on every level and immature the way the AFL have handled it.

They will go down in history as winning the wooden spoon in 2016. Good enough for me.

This^^

I was massively pissed about Saturday because I thought these campaigners would miss the spoon

Alas, it wasn't to be so now my children, grandchildren can look back at the history books and be reminded through the anals of time!!

This^^
I was massively pissed about Saturday because I thought these campaigners would miss the spoon
Alas, it wasn't to be so now my children, grandchildren can look back at the history books and be reminded through the anals of time!!

Not exactly something I care to visit. :)

Chances of Brodie slipping to 5?

I can get on board with another 190cm inside midfielder to pair with Cripps.

Looking distinctly like a clear Top 5 open draftees atm. McCluggage, Brodie, SPS, Ainsworth and McGrath. Ainsworth and McGrath are finishing like trains.

I'm no longer ruling out getting any of these guys now except probably McCluggage.

The order could be any order.

They will go down in history as winning the wooden spoon in 2016. Good enough for me.

If the AFL had any balls then * wouldn't have played for points in 2016 and they would have been at best given selections after the non-finalists. ALL that the AFL has wanted to do is minimize the damage to the league irrespective of what happened.

Have been firmly against Ainsworth throughout the season. Forward first and contrived midfield time, I thought, to boost
position. Was negated by Mcgrath in champs game after dominating early, leading me to think 'flat track bully' who would
struggle against quality defence.

His last month has however been prolific through the midfield, and hitting the scoreboard. Objection withdrawn....still like
McGrath though, although some real suggestion Lions are in to him has emerged. Our less than effective forward line could
do with some X factor, with the bonus of midfield time.

Throw a blanket over McCluggage, Brodie, Ainsworth, McGrath, SPS has questions in my mind, many of the WA boys have made
their way to WAFL level, while "the gun" has remained in 'colts' with decent but not huge figures. May be a real slider, not sure
if I want, may be a "risky conveyance". Will not be surprised to see GC forced to go early on Bowes either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back