Hot Topic 2016 DRAFT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They wont want to trade future 1sts.

But we need to be bold otherwise we'll be stuck in medicority.

Wouldn't be surprised if they get a future first somewhere in the deals for JOM and Prestia.

Would rather 4 + 5 this year, then 3 + 6 next year so we can spread the talent intake and take advantage of the (reportedly) stronger draft next year.

They wont want to trade future 1sts.

But we need to be bold otherwise we'll be stuck in medicority.
I bet there future 1st ends up being higher than 6. They have had a lot of injuries and have tanked as well.
I honestly believe they will climb well next year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I bet there future 1st ends up being higher than 6. They have had a lot of injuries and have tanked as well.
I honestly believe they will climb well next year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

They'll need them for future academy boys. If anything they'll want more.

They'd probably trade out all their seconds this year for a few firsts next year.

They cant take those seconds to the draft. They need a free list spot for every draft pick they intend to use. The best use of them is sweeteners for trades, or to trade them out for lower picks next year.

I think I'd stand back and watch as they accumulate 2 more first rounders for Prestia and O'Meara.

21, 22, 24, 27 will be ripe for the picking.

I like Mal's ballsy swing for picks 4 & 6, but this is where I think the best value will be.

In 2014 GWS paid pick 21 for an almost 30yo Joel Patfull.

JP was a good defender, but no that was way overs. But GWS needed some experience and had picks to burn.

Same with GC, but the recent list spot rule makes these picks in the 20s even more dispensable for GC. They'd just about give pick 40 away for free...

Same with GC, but the recent list spot rule makes these picks in the 20s even more dispensable for GC. They'd just about give pick 40 away for free...

Ive been eyeing off GWS all year, but GCS have shot up into contention with this new rule change.

There aint no way they can use even half those second rounders this year with the new rule change on list spots = draft picks.

They'll be more than happy to trade out two or three of those 2nds for a single first either this year or next (at a points loss for GCS).

For example they have 21 and 22 at present. They'd be pretty keen to trade them out for a pick around the 9 mark, even though picks 21 and 22 are worth 1720 odd points and pick 9 is worth 1469.

Ive been eyeing off GWS all year, but GCS have shot up into contention with this new rule change.

There aint no way they can use even half those second rounders this year with the new rule change on list spots = draft picks.

They'll be more than happy to trade out two or three of those 2nds for a single first either this year or next (at a points loss for GCS).

For example they have 21 and 22 at present. They'd be pretty keen to trade them out for a pick around the 9 mark, even though picks 21 and 22 are worth 1720 odd points and pick 9 is worth 1469.

Who wants to give up Pick 9 for two early seconds, though?

Fellow supporters, please remember...

Mud + Poo + Wee doesnt equal gold.

We're going to have to get creative here.

We got Everitt for a downgrade of a third round pick - he isnt worth anything. Prime example.
I was thinking that when everyone has been talking Everitt as trade bait as well BUT I think he has slightly increased his value since joining us. Not by much though, I think we can snag a 3rd rounder for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking that when everyone has been talking Everitt as trade bait as well BUT I think he has slightly increased his value since joining us. Not by much though, I think we can snag a 3rd rounder for him
He couldn't get a game in the worst forward line in the competition... I dunno... I hope you're right!

He couldn't get a game in the worst forward line in the competition... I dunno... I hope you're right!

Not convinced he hasn't done a Hendo...

If we had him all but out the door last trade period (before the Tomlinson deal fell through), he may just have decided it wasn't worth putting his body on the line for a club that didn't want him.

Not convinced he hasn't done a Hendo...

If we had him all but out the door last trade period (before the Tomlinson deal fell through), he may just have decided it wasn't worth putting his body on the line for a club that didn't want him.

Nope he's just not that good.

I think clubs kn ow he would be icing of sorts in a good team.

Rounds 1-10: 6 games, 13 goals.
Rounds 11-23: 7 games, 4 goals.

I'm sure Andrejs' autobiography will make fascinating reading to explain the catastrophic loss of form.

The talent is there but something went wrong mid way through the season.
The same frustration Sydney and the Western Bulldogs have suffered before us... Something is there, but something is holding it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back