• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Brentmeister

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
I know people want a midfielder, but it has to be best available. There's quite a few mids around this year so maybe we can have both.

[maybewecanhaveboth.gif]

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Logue could be the smoky 194cm mobile key defender who has played MIDFIELD with some success but raw

Runs > 15 level beep and hard as a cats head

Former Rower ( if only he played basketball too )

Maggsy

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’d love to land Oliver Florent,. Looks like a potential absolute A grader with real X factor.. Big chance to still be available at 13 also..

I’m hoping that either Jonty Sharenberg / Jack Graham slides on draft day down to our second pick but I think that’s a pipe dream.. but Good trading by the crows by adding another late round pick which hopefully can be used to take Jarman!

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Explosive Mid that can win contested ball then breakaway

Venables
Powell-Pepper

Others players to consider -Logue Florent Berry Hayward (SA boy)
Have a sneaky feeling you should probably add Jy Simpkin to that list..
Also have a feeling Eade might like the leadership and character Jarrod Berry brings to the table and they have the picks...god knows they need on field Leadership badly.....also believe he's one guy that will play year 1.

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Have a sneaky feeling you should probably add Jy Simpkin to that list..
Also have a feeling Eade might like the leadership and character Jarrod Berry brings to the table and they have the picks...god knows they need on field Leadership badly.....also believe he's one guy that will play year 1.
Simpkin - not sure what to think

A Dmac sort of replacement and not dissimilar to what Milera brings but not as good

Has talent but not sure if good enough for pick 13 and no exposed form to be sure given he's been out all year

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Venables please.

If not, then Florent or possibly Logue.

Poholke with 43.
Think you're on the money

I know he's not popular but when I watched the best of the draft game the other week - Powell pepper stood out like a sore thumb as a competitiveness beast ready to go inside/outside mid

His intensity at the contest was AFL standard already and his skills held up well

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Simpkin - not sure what to think

A Dmac sort of replacement and not dissimilar to what Milera brings but not as good

Has talent but not sure if good enough for pick 13 and no exposed form to be sure given he's been out all year
Guys in the know have big tickets on Simpkin, I wouldn't do it that early but still think he'll go 1st round, only game this year absolutely starred.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Guys in the know have big tickets on Simpkin, I wouldn't do it that early but still think he'll go 1st round, only game this year absolutely starred.
I've seen him play in his bottom age year , very clever . Very outside . Not like us to do that at pick 13 . Florent is probably a better bet but I won't discount Simpkin completely

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I've seen him play in his bottom age year , very clever . Very outside . Not like us to do that at pick 13 . Florent is probably a better bet but I won't discount Simpkin completely

Only game this year before breaking his leg playing for his school, projected last year as superior to Milera, depends if we go for best available or list fit....listening to Justin Reid didn't fill me with confidence that only midfielders were our target..
Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4
Murray Bushrangers 2.5-17 9.10-64 13.17-95 19.19-133
Bendigo Pioneers 0.1-1 3.2-20 7.2-44 10.5-65

MURRAY BUSHRANGERS
Goal Kickers: J. Simpkin 4, C. Spargo 3, T. Marshall 3, L. Pinnuck 2, M. Marr 2, J. Butts, W. Donaghey, L. Tiziani, L. McKeown, M. Neagle
Best Players: W. Brodie, J. Simpkin, M. Lynch, H. Morrison, M. Marr, T. Marshall
BENDIGO PIONEERS
Goal Kickers: K. Kirby 2, J. Exell, J. Bath, L. O''Brien, J. Neaves, L. Wallace, B. Daniels, R. Saunders, J. Atley
Best Players: L. O''Brien, B. Daniels, L. Wallace, C. Jones, K. Mutch, J. Atley
PLAYER MATCH STATS

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Only game this year before breaking his leg playing for his school, projected last year as superior to Milera, depends if we go for best available or list fit....listening to Justin Reid didn't fill me with confidence that only midfielders were our target..
Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4
Murray Bushrangers 2.5-17 9.10-64 13.17-95 19.19-133
Bendigo Pioneers 0.1-1 3.2-20 7.2-44 10.5-65

MURRAY BUSHRANGERS
Goal Kickers: J. Simpkin 4, C. Spargo 3, T. Marshall 3, L. Pinnuck 2, M. Marr 2, J. Butts, W. Donaghey, L. Tiziani, L. McKeown, M. Neagle
Best Players: W. Brodie, J. Simpkin, M. Lynch, H. Morrison, M. Marr, T. Marshall
BENDIGO PIONEERS
Goal Kickers: K. Kirby 2, J. Exell, J. Bath, L. O''Brien, J. Neaves, L. Wallace, B. Daniels, R. Saunders, J. Atley
Best Players: L. O''Brien, B. Daniels, L. Wallace, C. Jones, K. Mutch, J. Atley
PLAYER MATCH STATS
Pick 13 always has to be best available

Luckily most of the players to pick there will be mids

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Excellent just what we need
Haha you missed the midfield bit didn't you

Well - at least he's played well in midfield as opposed to trying to turn him into one without ever doing it

A smoky rather than a monty

Once again pick 13 offers up guys that are not close to being finished products like the top 10 are

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’d love to land Oliver Florent,. Looks like a potential absolute A grader with real X factor.. Big chance to still be available at 13 also..

I’m hoping that either Jonty Sharenberg / Jack Graham slides on draft day down to our second pick but I think that’s a pipe dream.. but Good trading by the crows by adding another late round pick which hopefully can be used to take Jarman!
Graham and sharenberg chances in the 40s but I'd prefer Myles Poholke

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Pick 13 always has to be best available

Luckily most of the players to pick there will be mids

Then Simpkin is in the mix, just like Lever in his draft year.
Wouldn't be my pick that early given the circumstances of his broken leg and projecting as an outside player at this stage but the elite speed, excellent skill set and footy smarts are very appealing.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
Apparently no SA boys likely to be considered at 13 and the top 8 boys is pretty much clear.
Feel free to post YouTube clips for any of the guys considered at 13.

Back