Analysis 2016 Draft...

Who do you realistically want @13?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That would be nice

What's your thoughts on Venables and Graham ?
They both play with AFL like intensity

Grahams work rate and mental strength is enormous but he's not very polished and his kicking is average at best

Venables - if it all came together could be a top 5 player in this draft but at the moment for some reason he has good moments but not consistent games

Venables kind of reminds me of danger in his draft year ie not the finished product but plenty of weapons ( not saying he will be as good ) . At this stage Venables is more forward than mid but he has all the tools for midfield

A little bit similar - both man child's at U18s

Love grahams work rate and ferocity , doesn't belong in the top bunch but I'd take him before shaz
You see I'm the opposite, I'd take Shaz before Graham, both have kicking skills that could definitely be improved but I trust Shaz's upside more, slighter body means he could become very good at the coalface with a few preseasons, plus he already has very good footy smarts.

Both aren't in my top 30, though

They both play with AFL like intensity

Grahams work rate and mental strength is enormous but he's not very polished and his kicking is average at best

Venables - if it all came together could be a top 5 player in this draft but at the moment for some reason he has good moments but not consistent games

Venables kind of reminds me of danger in his draft year ie not the finished product but plenty of weapons ( not saying he will be as good ) . At this stage Venables is more forward than mid but he has all the tools for midfield

Thanks Jeffcrowe

Venables looks a real prospect IMO and Graham also has some toughness that would add something to our list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Powell-Pepper looks good from his video. Goes in hard but has that side step and extra bit of speed. Remind me a bit of Dusty Martin, maybe slightly quicker but not as dominant physically (still looks well built though). Maybe lacks a touch of class but he would provide what Danger gave to us.

Is there any point speculating as Hamish will just pull out a Doedee type lol
Maybe Lipinski at 43 ( basketball background) and elite endurance

Ridley or Logue at 13 if being speculative

Ditto the SA boy Hayward who is a talent but may just be another Ben Lennon at only 187cm and no proof he plays midfield yet

Bicks boy Ronke at 43 perhaps

They are my list of speculative Ogilvie type picks ( perhaps)

Powell-Pepper looks good from his video. Goes in hard but has that side step and extra bit of speed. Remind me a bit of Dusty Martin, maybe slightly quicker but not as dominant physically (still looks well built though). Maybe lacks a touch of class but he would provide what Danger gave to us.
Great summary - that's exactly what he does

He's pretty physically dominant for a 18 yo

Martin or Pickett like is good comparison for physicality but also has burst speed / endurance combo

Does anybody know much about Florent? Saw him in the all stars game and looked impressive. Tested well at the combine also. Would he be available and suit what we are looking for?

Does anybody know much about Florent? Saw him in the all stars game and looked impressive. Tested well at the combine also. Would he be available and suit what we are looking for?
Absolutely, but my worry is Melbourne boy, lost his father only a month or so ago, younger siblings at home, single mother now, go home pull could be a factor.

Lot of X-Factor about him. Lots. Outside midfielder who IMO can potentially go in and win clearances, too. Athleticism great, endurance great, footy smarts great, skills pretty good.

Lot of X-Factor about him. Lots. Outside midfielder who IMO can potentially go in and win clearances, too. Athleticism great, endurance great, footy smarts great, skills pretty good.

I've only seen the one game and thought he was 3rd best player on the ground behind McCluggage and Taranto. Not sure what his stats where though

Absolutely, but my worry is Melbourne boy, lost his father only a month or so ago, younger siblings at home, single mother now, go home pull could be a factor.

Yeah that's a worry. He would probably want to stay and support the family

Back