List Mgmt. 2016 Father Son Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Got a close family member which saw Daicos senior at the races. Straight from the mouth of Daicos is that Dacois Jnr has been in talks with Adelaide. Collingwood yet to show any real intentions of drafting Daicos Jnr.

Daicos senior seemed pretty upset that it is more likely than not that his son will not play at Collingwood.

Believe me or don't believe me but I'm just sharing some information that's been passed on to me. Take it as you will.

EDIT: Although this does not mean Collingwood is not interested and that Daicos will not end up at the Pies. This happened 2 weeks ago. Anything could've happened in the meantime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a close family member which saw Daicos senior at the races. Straight from the mouth of Daicos is that Dacois Jnr has been in talks with Adelaide. Collingwood yet to show any real intentions of drafting Daicos Jnr.

Daicos senior seemed pretty upset that it is more likely than not that his son will not play at Collingwood.

Believe me or don't believe me but I'm just sharing some information that's been passed on to me. Take it as you will.

EDIT: Although this does not mean Collingwood is not interested and that Daicos will not end up at the Pies. This happened 2 weeks ago. Anything could've happened in the meantime.

That is the Complete Opposite to what mattys123 reported

I do think there is a Real Chance we miss out on 1 of them Sadly

I personally seem to think that we don't tell our father/sons much at all for fear that their family and friends will go around telling everyone about it.

I suspect that Dekka wants to keep his cards close to his chest at all times. I'm happy with that.

I personally seem to think that we don't tell our father/sons much at all for fear that their family and friends will go around telling everyone about it.

I suspect that Dekka wants to keep his cards close to his chest at all times. I'm happy with that.

That what I also Suspect. Moore did even know IF he was getting Drafted before the Father/Son Bidding happened

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide will be trading pick 13 for gibbs. unless someone is leaving which hasn't been discussed yet (I can only think of Lyons) they wont have a pick until 52. best case for them they nom him at 52 then we'd have to use pick 64 on him. he'd have to be legless for hine to pass him at that pick.

Adelaide will be trading pick 13 for gibbs. unless someone is leaving which hasn't been discussed yet (I can only think of Lyons) they wont have a pick until 52. best case for them they nom him at 52 then we'd have to use pick 64 on him. he'd have to be legless for hine to pass him at that pick.

He won't even go top 30, hine might see nothing in him, we'll see

The rest of the world did, we were always taking Moore
Yeah true but the point is that we hadn't guaranteed him anything which in turn prevented everyone the Moore's know from telling everyone else that the Pies were definitely grabbing him.

With Moore it obviously had little effect as he was so highly touted that we were never going to get a steal.

I think we'll take them both unless another club makes a ridiculously high bid. Can't see this happening with Daicos but maybe with Brown.

That's the thing. We probably want both, but only for the right price. If another club bids earlier than we think the player is worth, we will let it go.

We play our cards close to our chest and make no commitments so that we can't be held to those commitments or be called out for failing to meet them if the player ends up being too expensive. It also prevents other clubs from putting in false bids with really high picks that they know we're committed to matching, to lessen their competition for other players.

Im confused. I remember someone posting a few weeks ago, a few pages back, that we'd all but committed to taking him. That was supposed to be a report based on info from PD also. Thanks for posting though, hopefully he was just trying to give someone a false lead ;)

It's day three into a trade period that runs until the back end of next week.
We don't know even know what picks we will be holding whilst we still have guys like Frost, Witts, Cloke, Williams to trade out.
There's plenty of time to get creative and add more picks to our arsenal.
I wouldn't stress it.

The club will be taking both players come draft night.

This was probably posted earlier this year, so please excuse any repetition:

Peter Daicos says his son Josh could be better than him as Magpies mull father-son dilemma, SAM LANDSBERGER, Herald Sun June 29, 2016

COLLINGWOOD legend Peter Daicos says his son Josh had the rounded game to develop into an even better player. Daicos told the Herald Sun that Josh boasted terrific positioning and an uncanny ability to keep his feet.

“I think he’s a better all-rounder and is going to be a better player (than me),” Daicos said. “And I honestly mean that. I was in the system at an early age but I just think he’s got a better all-round game. When he puts on a bit of weight and his fitness comes up to speed he’s got a chance.”

The 1990 premiership great and five-time leading goalkicker sat in the Simonds Stadium stands as Josh kicked one goal from 11 disposals to help secure Vic Metro’s first under-18 national title since 2012. “His positioning is really good, he keeps his feet and you can’t ask any more,” Daicos said. “You’re still in the contest if you keep your feet.”

Pressed on whether his son would eclipse his career, Daicos said: “I’m thinking about if you compare apples with apples, same age. You look at the all-round game, that’s what I’m saying. He’s got a piece of the game — he’s both sides, he’s got his skill sets and, as I said, he keeps his feet and his positioning is good. Hopefully that keeps him in good stead.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back