List Mgmt. 2016 Father Son Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

The Worst sort of clickbait. The Extra picks for free agency compensation would what inflate a collingwood bid match by what 40pts (baed on 1 pick later after say pick 23. Totally insignificant in the wash up.
Not to mention we can go into deficit and use next year's points.
It's just crap and a waste of time.

The Worst sort of clickbait. The Extra picks for free agency compensation would what inflate a collingwood bid match by what 40pts (baed on 1 pick later after say pick 23. Totally insignificant in the wash up.
I don't get his logic. Wouldn't the clubs who are bidding on the boys have their bids pushed back too? If so, how does this change anything?

I don't get his logic. Wouldn't the clubs who are bidding on the boys have their bids pushed back too? If so, how does this change anything?
Yeah its absolutely moronic reporting. It seems that the media is going to try and get as much out of the Brown/Daicos story as possible in the lead up to the draft. I shudder to think if we pass on one of them

That's the thing. We probably want both, but only for the right price. If another club bids earlier than we think the player is worth, we will let it go.

We play our cards close to our chest and make no commitments so that we can't be held to those commitments or be called out for failing to meet them if the player ends up being too expensive. It also prevents other clubs from putting in false bids with really high picks that they know we're committed to matching, to lessen their competition for other players.
There's no such thing as bidding anymore, teams simply call out players names on draft night, if one of those players happens to be a FS or acadamy player the players clubs will have the right to match the bid with their next pick, pretty sure anyway.

It's day three into a trade period that runs until the back end of next week.
We don't know even know what picks we will be holding whilst we still have guys like Frost, Witts, Cloke, Williams to trade out.
There's plenty of time to get creative and add more picks to our arsenal.
I wouldn't stress it.

The club will be taking both players come draft night.
Way too sensible a post for round here wheres your shock factor also sauce??

There will be carnage if either of these kids light it up somewhere else. Imagine Daicos Senior having to attend (god forbid) a Carlton or and Essendon function. Bad PR.

I have a good feeling both kids will be in Black and White, just my opinion.

Callum twomey has callum brown in at number #27 on his latest phantom draft on the afl site.. id expect on draft night he wouldnt go any higher than that, im hoping in essence the picks we get for frost and cloke will almost get us the points to grab brown and daicos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Callum I think it would be a risky exercise for any club to get into a bidding war for him. Whilst he is a solid talent he is always going to have the size issue hanging over him, which if he was not a father & son selection would be reason to expect he would be a slider on draft night.

Panic stations everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
giphy.gif

Logic 1 Brown or Daicos worth (eg) pick 24 so whoever has pick 24 will bid on him - as different clubs have different ratings this logic is weak
Logic 2 (again just an example) Richmond rate Brown or Daicos 24th best player. Obviously they don't bid their pick 6 on him and previously their next pick was round 3. Now that they have (currently) 27 they may bid that which would turn out to be earlier than he'd otherwise be bid, especially if Richmond were the only interested team.

As others have said, it's early days with Witts, Frost, Cloke trades (& possibly others) still to be done so best to wait and see final draft order.

Personally I think if they are bid outside 1st round we will have the points and intent to match but could depend on who else is available.

We will have enough points as long as they are taken 2nd round onwards. The question is simply whether we rate them high enough. If we do, we will have no issue getting both.

Hine has show he won't pick a Father/Son just because of that. Does not rate them at all or that High. He happily will Pass

Not to mention we can go into deficit and use next year's points.
It's just crap and a waste of time.

They wont do that for the level of talents Daicos and Brown currently are.

Next years draft is apparently strong, I doubt they want to fudge with the 1st rounder which is where the points will get deducted from.

Callum twomey has callum brown in at number #27 on his latest phantom draft on the afl site.. id expect on draft night he wouldnt go any higher than that, im hoping in essence the picks we get for frost and cloke will almost get us the points to grab brown and daicos

It appears dogs going to reem us on cloke trade pick in 70s is what they want to hand over.

I know he had a poor year but he is still only 28 and can very easily turn it back around a pick in the 60s or 70s is a nothing pick and we might as well ask them to go in dry.

They wont do that for the level of talents Daicos and Brown currently are.

Next years draft is apparently strong, I doubt they want to fudge with the 1st rounder which is where the points will get deducted from.

In this case, points get deducted from the 2017 pick in the same round that the bid was received in this years draft. Doesn't effect 2017 1st rounder unless a 2016 1st round bid is received.

Currently, our 3rd and 4th round picks allows us to cover a bid of 36 & 49. Not concerned at all about having enough points, given where they appear to be rated.

In this case, points get deducted from the 2017 pick in the same round that the bid was received in this years draft. Doesn't effect 2017 1st rounder unless a 2016 1st round bid is received.

Currently, our 3rd and 4th round picks allows us to cover a bid of 36 & 49. Not concerned at all about having enough points, given where they appear to be rated.

Is this correct?

I might need to re-read it, as i thought it subtracted from your very 1st pick moving it down the order?

Is this correct?

I might need to re-read it, as i thought it subtracted from your very 1st pick moving it down the order?
That's what I thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back