2016 FFA Cup Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

3168 down at Valley Road. great crowd in the downpour.

i wonder what the crowd would be like if a Hobart team drew an a-league club and it could be played at Blundstone. i think that is the arrangement if it ever happened, while the Northern clubs would play in York(Aurora) Stadium.

:(

this is the 2nd time a tasmanian club would have drawn Victory if they didnt lose in the previous round.

it's hard to agree or disagree because IF the tassie team beat bentleigh, there is NO guarantee the tassie ball would have been picked in the same spot as BLG.intending on going to the BLG game

An interesting look at the FFA Cup and what it means to community clubs....

Melbourne Knights are in Elvis' blood. His father Jerko, after emigrating from Croatia, was a tireless fund-raiser for the club. Every Friday saw Jerko at the club for dinner and drinks with friends, an oasis for people a long way from home, trying to make a life in a far-away land.

https://sportress.wordpress.com/2016/09/01/the-magic-of-the-ffa-cup-round-of-16/

Westfield FFA Cup 2016 Quarter Finals Times, Venues and Dates confirmed.

Wednesday, September 21
*Blacktown City (NSW) v Sydney FC, 7.30pm AEST, Sydney United Sports Centre, Edensor Park NSW
Melbourne City v Western Sydney Wanderers, 7.30pm AEST, AAMI Park, Melbourne VIC

Tuesday, September 27
*Bentleigh Greens (VIC) v Melbourne Victory, 7.30pm AEST, Kingston Heath, Cheltenham VIC
Canberra Olympic (ACT) v Green Gully (VIC), 7.30pm AEST, Deakin Stadium, Deakin ACT

Please note, details of fixtures are subject to change.
*Broadcast live and exclusively on Fox Sports.

http://www.theffacup.com.au/article/...n1xuclvlxw49iz

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An interesting look at the FFA Cup and what it means to community clubs....

Melbourne Knights are in Elvis' blood. His father Jerko, after emigrating from Croatia, was a tireless fund-raiser for the club. Every Friday saw Jerko at the club for dinner and drinks with friends, an oasis for people a long way from home, trying to make a life in a far-away land.

https://sportress.wordpress.com/2016/09/01/the-magic-of-the-ffa-cup-round-of-16/
Mods, please lock thread..

For all the good work that Fox Sports do promoting this competition, the FFA and certain clubs aren't at all pulling their weight. With nothing else on tonight I would've been really likely to go watch 2 A-League teams with a lot of new players at a ground 20 minutes from my house... except I completely forgot it was on. I don't reckon there's been a word spoken or written in Melbourne to promote this match.

I'm watching the game through the Fox Sports app - the Punt Road/Gotch's Paddock side of the ground looks pretty good on tv... but Foxtel didn't pack any effects mikes for the coverage, and as well as the top level being closed (as is the norm for City games) I'm pretty sure the whole camera side of the ground might be closed as well.

Ridiculous overhead kick by Jacobsen.

Carney goes BANG. Burnsys bear with 2 assists.

Cashill scores from the spot, Wanderers down by 3 and down to 10 as NTS sent off.

Cashill scores from the spot, Wanderers down by 3 and down to 10 as NTS sent off.

First time this season I've turned off all football by half time. I guess if we're down to the final 8 though, and we're down to the point that there's only two games at a time, that's probably a sign of a decent tournament so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back