2016 Finals Venues

Remove this Banner Ad

The information came from the players – a good number of lads who played in for last years premiers previously played at our club. We still follow each other’s fortunes with great interest and the consensus (as with many in the SFL) is that they would much prefer Mordi and Cheltenham or even other venues beyond the SFL (Trevor Barker Oval, Noble Park, Shepley Oval and others). However the absurd tendering process will not allow that to happen.

And btw they are not and have not been training at Springvale this year or last
Wrong on every account Roostewr you do not and have not your finger on the pulse, that is evident but look the simple fact is that the Amateurish league is disappointing many and this latest finals fiasco and the assault at Kew v BT displays the real problems that exist. It is fine for you to point the finger at the SFL but the simple fact is that Amateur clubs are paying massive affiliation fees and get treated like plebs.. At least the SFL Admin do something.

Wrong on every account Roostewr you do not and have not your finger on the pulse, that is evident but look the simple fact is that the Amateurish league is disappointing many and this latest finals fiasco and the assault at Kew v BT displays the real problems that exist. It is fine for you to point the finger at the SFL but the simple fact is that Amateur clubs are paying massive affiliation fees and get treated like plebs.. At least the SFL Admin do something.

Perspective you are now embarrassing yourself. I had enjoyed our banter but I am now actually starting to pity you. How many more times do you need to be called out as a misinformed fraud before you crawl permanently back under your SFL rock. Time to leave the proper conversations to the adults.

And yes the SFL handing of the Div 3 grand final debacle was shining example of what not to do.

Perspective you are now embarrassing yourself. I had enjoyed our banter but I am now actually starting to pity you. How many more times do you need to be called out as a misinformed fraud before you crawl permanently back under your SFL rock. Time to leave the proper conversations to the adults.

And yes the SFL handing of the Div 3 grand final debacle was shining example of what not to do.
For as long as you keep taking the bait Rooster. Just saying...........

catch of the day !!! although "fraud" is interesting you may have to remove that..Roster never let the facts get in the way seems your motto, as your own D1 scribe Balmey says " Just a big hot mess" describes the amateurish league perfectly. You are eating your own, how surprising.

For as long as you keep taking the bait Rooster. Just saying...........

Had genuinely enjoyed the banter AM and unlike others I have no interest in having him banned, although the occasional informed comment would be appreciated. Even though he has virtually no football knowledge, including of the competition he purports to represent, I found his musing somewhat entertaining and have been happy to engage in his conversations.

However there has to be a limit. Amongst other absurd comments to suggest that SLF clubs other than Springvale are training at Newcomen Road in August in preparation for finals is beyond laughable. I just wonder what miserable existence he leads that creates an incessant need to jump on a rival competitions board and justify his existence. It really is quite sad.

If the view of yourself and other informed VAFA posters is that I should desist from engaging with this buffoon then I will.

Had genuinely enjoyed the banter AM and unlike others I have no interest in having him banned, although the occasional informed comment would be appreciated. Even though he has virtually no football knowledge, including of the competition he purports to represent, I found his musing somewhat entertaining and have been happy to engage in his conversations.

However there has to be a limit. Amongst other absurd comments to suggest that SLF clubs other than Springvale are training at Newcomen Road in August in preparation for finals is beyond laughable. I just wonder what miserable existence he leads that creates an incessant need to jump on a rival competitions board and justify his existence. It really is quite sad.

If the view of yourself and other informed VAFA posters is that I should desist from engaging with this buffoon then I will.
Each of us make our choice, Rooster, and I know you enjoy interacting and if you want to continue with the conversation then I'm sure he will be eager to accommodate you. It's, of course, very much up to you as you're a seasoned and well informed poster. My choice is to not respond as it's what trolls get their rocks off on. Great to see bedford has restrained himself too.

" Just a big hot mess" quote from your own D1 scribe. says it all obviously the league cannot even ensure their own reputation which is in tatters remains.
Just a big hot mess" I think I will take a self imposed spell from the jobbers on here from the amateurish league. lol

Each of us make our choice, Rooster, and I know you enjoy interacting and if you want to continue with the conversation then I'm sure he will be eager to accommodate you. It's, of course, very much up to you as you're a seasoned and well informed poster. My choice is to not respond as it's what trolls get their rocks off on. Great to see bedford has restrained himself too.

Fair enough and I guess if Bedford can resist then so can I. You know what they say about engaging in conversations with morons. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Yep. Just take pleasure in knowing how bad the SFL is and how he needs to visit us here to get a feel for the holy grail.

Yep. Just take pleasure in knowing how bad the SFL is and how he needs to visit us here to get a feel for the holy grail.
"the holy grail" ??? I think you have gone to heaven ....Canada where are the D Grade finals to be played????

"the holy grail" ??? I think you have gone to heaven ....Canada where are the D Grade finals to be played????

I have no idea. Hopefully a ground close to the two combatants areas to maximise attendance. Not something that would worry me not knowing up until the week prior. The VAFA is so big that this is certainly a tricky exercise. 72 teams in seniors. Ressies in all, 3rds in premiers, so many unders and clubbies it's ridiculous. Like trying to squash a massive pile of gold into a small Melbourne jar.
So hard, but exciting to watch.
Imagine just having a few finals to worry about like other comps...

LACK OF
Why is the VAFA a concern for you? It is not your comp.
It appears that your promoting a geographical regionalised League [SFL] playing finals locally as something special!
The VAFA lower grades currently have movement in all 4 grades [in terms of finalists] that will be finalised 5pm this Saturday. Guess what then Lack Of >> The VAFA will then geographically fit the finals to the teams [seems to make sense]. The VAFA plays all around Melbourne so that is where the finals will be, all around Melbourne. [MTTGFFP - HLWIT]

THE EYE
;)

LACK OF
It appears that your promoting a geographical regionalised League [SFL] playing finals locally as something special!
The VAFA lower grades currently have movement in all 4 grades [in terms of finalists] that will be finalised 5pm this Saturday. Guess what then Lack Of >> The VAFA will then geographically fit the finals to the teams [seems to make sense]. The VAFA plays all around Melbourne so that is where the finals will be, all around Melbourne. [MTTGFFP - HLWIT]

THE EYE
;)
Following on ... just checking where and when the AFL finals will be held. Trying to plan out where to best back up the Sandman with the boombox and esky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LACK OF

THE EYE
;)
Eye,it is my comp along with others in the region that I service and I have an interest in a number of VAFA clubs in the region. The clubs tell me that they are mighty irritated by the VAFA's service and nominating finals venues so late is an example. Having 2 games called off due to violence in the VAFA this year is also a concern that the League is getting a reputation as a thugs league.. I read a post by a guy that lives close to Kew that would normally take his kids down to watch and he missed the last game thank goodness and he wont be going back - very bad look for the league. You need to keep an eye on that.

Following on ... just checking where and when the AFL finals will be held. Trying to plan out where to best back up the Sandman with the boombox and esky.
And you will be able to pull the esky out at most VAFA games by the sounds of what has been happening at many VAFA grounds this year..

Eye,it is my comp along with others in the region that I service and I have an interest in a number of VAFA clubs in the region. The clubs tell me that they are mighty irritated by the VAFA's service and nominating finals venues so late is an example. Having 2 games called off due to violence in the VAFA this year is also a concern that the League is getting a reputation as a thugs league.. I read a post by a guy that lives close to Kew that would normally take his kids down to watch and he missed the last game thank goodness and he wont be going back - very bad look for the league. You need to keep an eye on that.

Lack Of
What are the service issues are the clubs "telling you" about other than finals?

THE EYE
:rolleyes:

They are always complaining about fines, they complain about no one to talk to at HQ about matters of importance at club level, they complain about affiliation fees being too steep and then watch the VAFA Executive go on overseas junkets. They talk about a lack of training for new volunteers. They complain about the lack of umpires and the quality of same, and that is before the first beer....Eye the league is a shambles.

Lack Of
What are the service issues are the clubs "telling you" about other than finals?

THE EYE
:rolleyes:
I seem to hear more complaints from the District clubs as some of them find it difficult financially as opposed to the Old Boy clubs. Perhaps those District clubs would be better served at Leagues that truly care about clubs.

Its about as much a thugs league as a little purring kitten.
Our wonderful comp will become a shambles when it stops growing and dominating the suburban football landscape and press like it does now. When you leave this forum, this will also be key indicator to its likely doom. But for now...keep posting and talking Ammos. The rest of Melbourne does, so why shouldn't you be able to..

Canada did you not hear about the 2 games that were called off this year within the VAFA. The suspected broken jaw last week? = thugs league. Facts are facts. Try telling the bloke that is consuming food through a straw at the moment that you have a wonderful league...
Yes you are probably right any publicity is good publicity for a league that is a shambles.

I seem to hear more complaints from the District clubs as some of them find it difficult financially as opposed to the Old Boy clubs. Perhaps those District clubs would be better served at Leagues that truly care about clubs.

72 senior clubs. I think 70 would be ideal. Happy for 2 to leave. 10 per division is about right. Always have more wanting to join. Maybe a D5 in the near future if we hit 80 senior clubs?

Canada did you not hear about the 2 games that were called off this year within the VAFA. The suspected broken jaw last week? = thugs league. Facts are facts. Try telling the bloke that is consuming food through a straw at the moment that you have a wonderful league...
Yes you are probably right any publicity is good publicity for a league that is a shambles.

Nobody likes broken jaws. No part of society is immune from idiots either. Nor are forums immune it seems.

Just pointing out the ugly facts of your "wonderful league" 2 games being called off in one year and broken jaw. Seems a dangerous league. of the 70 clubs those that are from Districts and not born from a school many that I talk to have major concerns about the league as I have mentioned before to Eye. But you guys continue to pat yourself on the back for a jolly good job done old chap..

For the first time THE EYE has wandered over to have a look at what is happening on BF Southern League?
Stuff all - literally nothing - LACK OF interest all round - tiny amount of posts. Went back a few months and the inevitable - poor ground surfaces, fines mentioned, injuries even some "king hits!"
Mostly talk about how $$$$ are destroying some clubs and introduce a salary cap/points system.
Understand why you are now employing the "tall poppy" approach.
The Southern league is really quite small and a shame that there is not enough going on BF over there for you to post about.

THE DISAPPOINTED EYE
:oops:

LACK OF

THE EYE
;)

G'day Eye,
The whisper is D2 heading to Craigieburn ....... damn it ......but sometimes my 'little birdy' has been wrong.
That said, happy to be playing next week and still competing in finals.'
Chump.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back