Analysis 2016 Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So apparently this released on October 29th.

Let's discuss wish lists, likelihood of certain fixtures and so on.

Obviously with a 15th finish, we'll be in for an easier draw than the last few years you'd think.

2016 Fixture:
188627_8b16cf180100131b74f94141cc1be3c3.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Hopefully only 1 Perth trip (undoubtedly it will be to Freo). We'll get all of Carlton, Richmond and Collingwood twice. Possibly 2 Adelaide trips (haven't played Adelaide there).

What's the minimum amount of home and away games that we can play at Etihad?

We suck there.

In terms of double ups, my preference would be: Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond, Brisbane and Melbourne.

What's likely however, is:

St Kilda, Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond and Sydney/West Coast

We usually have 3 MCG tennants twice, one Etihad and one interstate side

2 trips west.
2 trips to Radelaide
1 trip to Sydney
1 trip to Brisbane
Perceived easier matches to follow interstate trips.
Saints twice because they pumped us
Carlton once because we might beat them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I right in thinking we wont get many Friday night games because of where we finished?

Friday night games are high on my list of priorities - That and a soft draw because I love winning.

Also a trip to Adelaide so I can go and get on the pingers with my cousin. Haven't been over there for bloody years

Am I right in thinking we wont get many Friday night games because of where we finished?

Friday night games are high on my list of priorities - That and a soft draw because I love winning.

Also a trip to Adelaide so I can go and get on the pingers with my cousin. Haven't been over there for bloody years
image.jpg

3 x Friday night games
5 x Saturday night games (1 x Sydney, 1 x Perth)

3 x Saturday twilight games (1 x Perth, 1 x Qld)
2 x Sunday twilight games (1 x Adelaide)

4 x Saturday afternoon games
4 x Sunday afternoon games (1 x Sydney)

1 x Monday game (ANZAC DAY)

Last edited:
2 trips west.
2 trips to Radelaide
1 trip to Sydney
1 trip to Brisbane
Perceived easier matches to follow interstate trips.
Saints twice because they pumped us
Carlton once because we might beat them

I reckon we will get carlton twice. Richmond once. Pies twice.
saints early on in the year perhaps as the lead in to anzac day.

Melbournians - what's your preferred time-slot? As a TV viewer my favourite in Friday night, but I'm not sure how keen I would be on night games were I to go to most matches, especially considering it takes many people more than 20 minutes to get home after matches.

Melbournians - what's your preferred time-slot? As a TV viewer my favourite in Friday night, but I'm not sure how keen I would be on night games were I to go to most matches, especially considering it takes many people more than 120 minutes to get home after matches.

EFA ;) Friday night is fantastic for watching on TV at the end of the week, but I love Saturday afternoon. Granted, I no longer play, so I can understand that doesn't appeal to everyone, but coming from further out, Saturday afternoon allows enough time either side to actually relax and enjoy the experience the way it's meant to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back