Expansion 2016 Fixture: Less interstate teams in Victoria now than in 1997.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rubbish, 4 sides from SA ? lol
Their population is not 67% of Victoria for either of those states.
The player pool of talent in AFL is way more Victorian than SA and WA combined mate.
53 players drafted from Vic last off season I believe with a quick browse.
16 from SA
13 from WA

4 clubs from each of WA and SA is way overkill considering the number of players they add to all the clubs across the league.
Neither of those two states even provide a third of what Victoria does yet you want as much as almost as many clubs as from Victoria...:rolleyes:

The correct and most representative league is 8 Vic, 2 WA, 2 SA, 1 Qld, 1 NSW, 1 Tas. There are 2 too many Vic teams, 1 too many Qld and NSW teams and not enough Tassie team.

Did anybody notice how all the teams in this "national league" are located in or near coastal areas? lollllll
Did you notice how all the teams in this "nation" are located in or near costal areas?

Seriously though there would only be a million or so who live inland; half of which is Canberra.

EPL 5 is 5.
That is due to relegation.....

Fulham have played 13 seasons in the Premier League
Charlton have played 8
Wimbledon have played 8
QPR have played 7

Currently there are no Premier Leagues team from Birmingham, Leeds or Sheffield - the three largest English cities after London....where is the outrage!?

Surely something needs to be done to improve the representation?

In 1987 the VFL went national, well that was the headline in most papers at the time, so in 1986 tier 1 football comprised of the state leagues of Vic, WA & SA. Vic had 36.66% of sides from the leagues combined. In 2016 Vic has 50% in the only tier 1 football competition in Australia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grand Final not locked up in one city. Most teams in a city is 2.

Contractually atm there is no other option. But allow the highest ranked side to have the MCG configured to that sides home ground dimensions and atleast there is partly some ground advantage for the highest ranked side.

Contractually atm there is no other option. But allow the highest ranked side to have the MCG configured to that sides home ground dimensions and atleast there is partly some ground advantage for the highest ranked side.
I don't understand how the venue for the grand finals only metric is stadium size.

The money is made via broadcast. Supply and demand anyway.

The NFL has superbowls in 60k stadia.

I don't understand how the venue for the grand finals only metric is stadium size.

The money is made via broadcast. Supply and demand anyway.

The NFL has superbowls in 60k stadia.

I agree but there is a contract and I think, I could be wrong, the MCG/MCC would not change the contract. But atleast this way their is some compromise without breaking a contract. This is what Geelong should say when playing at the MCG, "you want it to be our home game well make it our home ground"

That is due to relegation.....

Fulham have played 13 seasons in the Premier League
Charlton have played 8
Wimbledon have played 8
QPR have played 7

Currently there are no Premier Leagues team from Birmingham, Leeds or Sheffield - the three largest English cities after London....where is the outrage!?

Surely something needs to be done to improve the representation?

More than happy for Melbourne and North to be playing in the VFL.

The AFL do not want less games $TV$$$$$$$..........no one wants byes i cant remember that far back but i am betting no one was saying "yes i love byes", more teams, relegation/promotion

I reckon the TV deal relating to the NSW/Qld TV market is the biggest furphys constantly perpetuated and parroted. When you have ratings of 17,000 for a Friday night game on 7mate in Brisbane, you really would have to question why any station and or advertiser would be paying millions for that.

I reckon the TV deal relating to the NSW/Qld TV market is the biggest furphys constantly perpetuated and parroted. When you have ratings of 17,000 for a Friday night game on 7mate in Brisbane, you really would have to question why any station and or advertiser would be paying millions for that.

I dont disagree, i think the AFL pandas to match to the TV networks to the detriment of the game, but the AFL have f#*ked up the game anyway so what do you do. Go all out bring in 2 more teams and have 2 tiers with promotion/relegation.

440px-England_location_map.svg.png

jolly ol' England maaaaaaate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back