Prediction 2016 Fixture (see fixture at post #174)

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton have already made 2016's intentions clear with their trading period this year.

No team in history has ever started tanking the year before the next season starts, but Carlton pulled it off. If trading away your entire forward line isn't tanking, then I don't know what is.

They've been doing that for a few years now.

Betts, Waite, Garlett...all their top goals scorers all gone in consecutive years.

The AFL have got the whole fixture concept arse about. The Victorian sides should all play each other twice with the remaining games against interstate teams away.

The only teams from the top 8 Geelong have to play twice this year are Adelaide and the Dogs. And people say the AFL gifts Collingwood easy fixtures...

Friday July 22
Collingwood v North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium (7.50pm)

Riddle me this:

WTF would we play a home game at Etihad against an Etihad tenant at a time when the MCG is vacant??? :confused:

No excuses anymore for a second half fade out. In fact if we fade out again with the fixture we have, having so many games in Melbourne, I will be the first to call for heads to roll.

Riddle me this:

WTF would we play a home game at Etihad against an Etihad tenant at a time when the MCG is vacant??? :confused:

Because Eddie/Signed a stupid Agreement that we play 3 games at Ethiad.

Riddle me this:

North also only have one game for the whole season at the G...

No excuses anymore for a second half fade out. In fact if we fade out again with the fixture we have, having so many games in Melbourne, I will be the first to call for heads to roll.

We have the same number of games in Melbourne that we had last season.

We have the same number of games in Melbourne that we had last season.

Good point, but we had a difficult block during the year, playing a lot of games interstate (including Etihad). I don't see any reason behind a catastrophic lapse in results with this fixture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide's start is brutal.

As for us, I thought if you finished 12th you could only play 2 (max) teams that finished top 6. So why are we playing 3?
The rankings are from post finals. As the two losers in the elimination finals the Bulldogs and Tigers finished 7th & 8th. Ergo we got 1 top 6 team, 2 middle 6 teams (the two finalists from that bracket) and 2 bottom six teams.

Starting the season with Richmond v Carlton and having Collingwood interstate beggars belief.

Luckily it's our lock for a win.

Sydney at ANZ. Lock in the 4 points Eddie.

Seriously, if hand baggers don't make top 4 with this draw then numb nuts Scott should get the arse!
Yep. It's almost as if the AFL has doctored the fixture so their golden boy Dangerfield's move to the Cats could be deemed a success...

Not that the AFL would ever manipulate a fixture to suit their own agenda...

Because Eddie/Signed a stupid Agreement that we play 3 games at Ethiad.

I've always been confused about this, I know we have a deal with Docklands but is it actually an agreement to always play 2 home games at Docklands or does it just relate to the financial arrangements when we are fixtured to play home games there?

The stretch where we play Eagles away (rd 6?), Carlton then Brisbane away bothers me. it's not even a full 6-day break between Eagles and Carlton and we're travelling back from WA. It'll be the Bluess best opportunity to beat us for the next 7 or 8 years.
The blues are worse than this year. They got rid of four of their best 6 players in Bell, Yarran, Menzel and Henderson. The others being Murphy and Gibbs.

If Collingwood's reserves lose to Carlton next season I will be pissed off.

Why we have to play BrisVegas only at the Gabba again and not in Melbourne?
Brisbane rely on us to make big marquee games for them. They rely on our supporters to turn up as they know they have no supporters.

We always outnumber them at the Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Back