2016 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix (Round 17) Oct 7-9.

Remove this Banner Ad

No rest for the drivers as they have just 5 days between the end of the demanding Malaysian Grand Prix and the practice runs of the Japanese Grand Prix. Red Bull seem confident of getting closer to Mercedes at Suzuka than they were at Sepang. Ferrari have gone to Japan with an aggressive tyre choice compared to the rest of the field, while RBR have gone for harder compounds. https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...hoices-for-ferrari-and-red-bull-in-japan.html

Vettel has copped a 3 place grid penalty for his 1st corner collision with Rosberg in Malaysia. Hamilton is also looking at a grid penalty for using another engine unit. Adding even more spice to the race is that light rain is forecast for both Saturday and Sunday, meaning qualifying and the race could be affected. Mercedes werent able to secure the Constructors championship last race, and with the Rosberg now holding a 23 point lead over Hamilton in the drivers championship, I somehow doubt that either driver will be listening to team orders should they get close to each other on the track.

1442577443691.png

**Early start times for this one fellas, especially with daylight savings now in effect in some states**

Friday:
Practice 1: 9am EST (Daylight saving), 9am WST
Practice 2: 4pm EST (DLS), 1pm WST

Saturday:
Practice 3: 2pm EST (DLS), 11am WST
Qualifying: 5pm EST (DLS), 2pm WST

Sunday:
Race: 4pm EST (DLS), 1pm WST.

Last edited:
Also, Kimi's win in 2005 was the best drive I've ever seen in Formula 1

That means you're still wet behind the ears.

On topic,

Rosberg will play the percentages. finish ahead of Hamilton is all he cares about.

I back redbull in to go one two. I remember the glory days of their first championships. When they got on rolls, were unstoppable on back to back weekends. Suzuka also suits the redbull chassis more than most circuits. Suits the driving style of redbull drivers more than Mercedes. This is a drivers track. As much time made up in the technical section as there is in the straights. As the race goes on, hp becomes less relevant.

Am I right in saying the race will start right about the time the fun begins at Bathurst ?? TV remote flicking if the missus allows.

That means you're still wet behind the ears.
Yeah, nah. Comparable drives in the last 25 years have been Senna's effort at Donington, Schumacher's first win for Ferrari, Button's win in Canada and Damon Hill nearly dragging his shitbox Arrows to a win in Hungary.

Yeah, nah. Comparable drives in the last 25 years have been Senna's effort at Donington, Schumacher's first win for Ferrari, Button's win in Canada and Damon Hill nearly dragging his shitbox Arrows to a win in Hungary.

Sennas effort at Portugal? His effort in monaco until the team told him to slow down? His effort in brazil stuck in sixth gear? Webber in his first monaco win? Sennas last win (adelaide)

Later we can talk about Mansell.

Rosberg faster than Hamilton in FP1
and very close together in FP2. Love to see them have a decent battle on the weekend. Nico will have no problems making aggressive moves on Hamilton now he has a 23 point lead in the championship with only 5 races to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and very close together in FP2. Love to see them have a decent battle on the weekend. Nico will have no problems making aggressive moves on Hamilton now he has a 23 point lead in the championship with only 5 races to go.
If there was ever a time the two were going to collide, it will be in these last few races
Lewis knows he needs to beat Nico in almost each race, so he won't die wondering thats for sure

Hamilton struggling, gone back into attention seeking mode (childish behavior).

Will he retire or swap with fingerboy?

* I hate these qualifying sessions. I liked the one lap qualifiers best

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Raikonen showing some speed... good stuff.
Too bad about about Vettels penalty.
Hopefully ISF can have good race pace...

I think today's race is going is show where this championship is going. Rosberg leading by 23pts with
5 to go. That'd be like leading by 16 pts at 3/4 time of the GF? You'd assume the MB finish 1-2? If Rosberg wins, then that's a 30pt lead with 4 to go. I think that'd be too much to overcome for Hamilton, even if Rosberg gets into some trouble. But if Hamilton wins? That's a 16pt lead. Rosberg will still be in reasonable position. But it might mean squeaky bum time for the rest of the season.

Will channel 10 ever show every race again?
No

Remove this Banner Ad

Back