2016 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix (Round 17) Oct 7-9.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mature drive from Verstappen holding off Hamilton at the end there

Thats the kind of stuff that will see him win a World Championship one day

Yep, VES definitely has the makings of a WDC, just a little bit more maturity with his wheel to wheel action (which generally comes with experience, most young drivers are the same) and he will be giving it a real run for his money.

Hopefully with the 2017 regs and we see areo make more of an impact, we might see a 3-4 way WDC title fight next year and you would have to figure that both RIC and VES would be amongst it.

Think you mean 3.5 games per round. Which is largely what we had in the last deal as I never bothered with the delayed Saturday afternoon game. There's also nothing stopping Seven (or Nine or Ten) from paying for more games in the future.
Yeah 3.5 instead of 4. Still its woefully crap, especially when seven really only like to show about 6 teams in their timeslots.

So Merc lodged a protest with the FIA about VES movement under braking and it was going to be investigated when the stewards sat for the US GP, but looks like Hamilton had them withdraw the protest:

http://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2016/10/mercedes-protest-verstappens-driving.html
Verstappen has pulled some dodgy moves in the past, this was not one of them. He made his move late, but it was there and wasnt a double move
Good on Lewis for realising that

Verstappen has pulled some dodgy moves in the past, this was not one of them. He made his move late, but it was there and wasnt a double move
Good on Lewis for realising that

Yeah by the sounds of it Merc had lodged it before telling Lewis they were going to.

I missed the race but heard about it, but I don't know how Force India got on?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I missed the race but heard about it, but I don't know how Force India got on?

Had a good start off the line. Perez was initially 3rd, but didnt quite have the pace to hold off Ricciardo, Kimi and a determined Hamilton (although Perez held off these guys for some time, ultimately allowing Rosberg and Verstappen to build a gap that decided the race). After their first pit stop, both Perez and Hulkenberg were involved in a duel with both Williams (who hadnt pitted yet and were running a one stop). They managed to overtake both Williams (which is a good sign for their constructors battle) then stretched an advantage when the Williams pitted.
Perez 7th, Hulkenberg 8th in the end, but more importantly they proved to be the 4th fastest car out there

Had a good start off the line. Perez was initially 3rd, but didnt quite have the pace to hold off Ricciardo, Kimi and a determined Hamilton (although Perez held off these guys for some time, ultimately allowing Rosberg and Verstappen to build a gap that decided the race). After their first pit stop, both Perez and Hulkenberg were involved in a duel with both Williams (who hadnt pitted yet and were running a one stop). They managed to overtake both Williams (which is a good sign for their constructors battle) then stretched an advantage when the Williams pitted.
Perez 7th, Hulkenberg 8th in the end, but more importantly they proved to be the 4th fastest car out there
Thanks for letting me know!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back