Strategy 2016 Forward Line

Remove this Banner Ad

That's perfectly reasonable VD.

If the coaches and Scott in particular feel that's the way the game is going, and you need a taller team of athletes, that explains a bit about team selection and who gets chances. But it also needs to be tempered with the evidence of results. In most finals we've played in recent years, the big guys have not been effective, they've been liabilities. And against Sydney, the two players most suiting that prototype in Stanley and Blicavs were close to the two worst on the ground.

If a coach's pet tactic and philosophy continues to fail under the pressure of finals, it may not the the ideal strategy to pursue.
Blame anyone you like they were only a couple among many, but the fact is Buddy tore the heart out of Geelong in the first quarter our backs couldn't match his energy,game over.

You get that bulldogs are an exception to the rule? They finished 7th in the home and away and scrapped through there last three finals. They aren't the team to aspire to.

Although I do agree we also need to improve our forward entries. But having both better markers and better entries is the way to go.
we have to improve our desire for the game. In the last game the team looked flat from the first bounce.

We have too many tall players and the ones we do have are mediocre except for Hawkins and he often gets into it when the game is over. If talls is the go the question is are ours good enough??? Blicavs has to find a position, CHB?
The team has to play a more ideal structure and mold the team around this.

I hope they play Touhy and Stewart. They were drafted as plug and play, a little more run and carry. I expect improvement from Menengola and besides that much the same output.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back