azza77

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Manchester Utd
Motlop has potential, no-one is denying that.

But is he too much of the same? He's yet another forward option when our forward line is already the strongest in the competition with decent depth.

Surely we have other, much greater needs?

Motlop could very easily play through the midfield as that inside/outside dynamic mid.

It's just a matter of if he wanted to build up his tank in the PS and put in the work required to play midfield in regards to 2 way running.

David Swallow stuck his hand up, he's better than everything we have and still has knees

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/dav...y/news-story/4970c3019d5944901b885714843a344d

**** Rockliff. Throw the kitchen sink and some at this guy. Genuine elite talent right from the get go. Pay him 800k+ to get him to come to SA, could not care less.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
I would really like to see us draft Esava Ratugolea this year.
They say Nic Nat mk2.
I see that name and I see this bloke

tiriac-thumb1.jpg

grundog49

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
I'd like to see us draft him almost entirely based on his name.
Good contested mark and defensive pressure for a tall. His skills and game sense is poor however. He's athletic but will take time. Personally I wouldn't touch him as he has too much risk for my liking.

I reckon the position we need are hybrid players who can add lots of versatility to the lineup in the future. Players like Josh Begley, Jack Scrimshaw or Jarrod Berry are all players I would consider for our first round pick. A ruckman late would be nice as well as it looks as though Hunter and Lowden might be getting the axe.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good contested mark and defensive pressure for a tall. His skills and game sense is poor however. He's athletic but will take time. Personally I wouldn't touch him as he has too much risk for my liking.

I reckon the position we need are hybrid players who can add lots of versatility to the lineup in the future. Players like Josh Begley, Jack Scrimshaw or Jarrod Berry are all players I would consider for our first round pick. A ruckman late would be nice as well as it looks as though Hunter and Lowden might be getting the axe.
The upside is huge.
Can dominate as a forward and also has a big vertical leap like Nic Nat in the ruck.
Great mark and very agile and fast for his size. Only new to the game and is in the mold of the new type of ruck.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Lets think more realistically here. Who on our list could we lose that wouldn't have too much of an impact on our team, but might be attractive to Gold Coast?

Gold Coast have a stack of quality draft picks available to whoever is ballsy enough to make a trade or two.

What could we entice out of them for Henderson, Mackay, Douglas or CEY?

Gold Coast really need some solid experienced professionals to turn around the culture of their club. All 4 would be starters in their team and have an impact.

Could we swap Henderson and Douglas for a pick in the top 20's? It looks like GC will have 3 top 10 picks and 5 top 20 picks.

Personally I'd be happy to let any of these guys go. We have coverage. It also allows the younger guys - Milera, Knight, Doedee, Wigg etc... push in to the team without weakening us.
Most importantly, we need to get more quality in the side. Time for a short transition where we loose a few of the 'solid and experienced' players and instead push for some 'possible elite' talent.

Sam_Malone

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
David Mackay, CEY and our first round pick to the Gold Coast for any pick inside the top 10 and a second round pick.

Ade get: pick 6 (Richmond for Prestia) and pick 27
Ade lose: Mackay, CEY and pick 13

Gold Coast need some senior mids as they are losing everyone with any experience.

We also offer to pay 50% of Mackay salary

David Mackay, CEY and our first round pick to the Gold Coast for any pick inside the top 10 and a second round pick.

Ade get: pick 6 (Richmond for Prestia) and pick 27
Ade lose: Mackay, CEY and pick 13

Gold Coast need some senior mids as they are losing everyone with any experience.

We also offer to pay 50% of Mackay salary

This is an even better deal for Adelaide:

Mackay + 3rd Round pick to Brisbane for nothing. We pay 110% of his salary.

Lets think more realistically here. Who on our list could we lose that wouldn't have too much of an impact on our team, but might be attractive to Gold Coast?

Gold Coast have a stack of quality draft picks available to whoever is ballsy enough to make a trade or two.

What could we entice out of them for Henderson, Mackay, Douglas or CEY?

Gold Coast really need some solid experienced professionals to turn around the culture of their club. All 4 would be starters in their team and have an impact.

Could we swap Henderson and Douglas for a pick in the top 20's? It looks like GC will have 3 top 10 picks and 5 top 20 picks.

Personally I'd be happy to let any of these guys go. We have coverage. It also allows the younger guys - Milera, Knight, Doedee, Wigg etc... push in to the team without weakening us.
Most importantly, we need to get more quality in the side. Time for a short transition where we loose a few of the 'solid and experienced' players and instead push for some 'possible elite' talent.
Agree - gold coast will be chasing midfielders, preferably with experience.

Would seriously think about trading Douglas as don't think we will see his best again.

With cey we need to trade him if we are not going to play him much next year.

I doubt Mackay will go anywhere, unless we tell him he is going to get limited opportunities.

Henderson if he moves would want to head back to Melbourne. We have similar types & worth trading before becomes an uncontracted free agent.

Wonder if the would like vb in the cheap to provide some much needed leadership around the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back