List Mgmt. 2016 Free Agency/Trades/Draft thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would get a first round compo next year for Rocky if he left, I think next years first and CEY would be reasonably fair. A ready made player for this year and another first rounder for the following year. They would have at least 4 first round picks in 2 years. (Incl priority pick, which imo should be at the end of the first round).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem I see in giving up this years first for say Rockliff, is that we havent picked up a genuine A grade midfielder in the draft for a while now. We have some decent, promising types but no out and out guns. Given that any trades we get involved in will include losing our sub 24 yr old talent, we're at risk of selling the farm for a 28 yr old and placing a lot of vanilla grade sub 24 yr old eggs in our future midfield basket. In this draft, we need to grab a next generation midfielder.

Brisbane need players, not picks. I'd be more inclined to hang on to our first and send multiple players plus sub first round picks their way. We're in a complicated situation but we do have currency. Assuming Lyons goes to GCS for a 2nd, Id be bundling up Luke Brown and a midfielder (CEY, Douglas or Mackay) with our second rounder for Rocky. That may sound a bit light, but they risk losing Rocky for nothing next year, they need players and already have two picks in the first round this year. If Rockliff says "Adelaide" we hold the cards.

That will leave us with our first round intact, but still out of the second round. We will have a couple of thirds if Hendo goes FA, so all will not be lost and it is a fairly deep draft. I'd still rather have a 2nd, but I dont know how we pull that off.
Just put JJ on the table and be done. We saved them coin.

The problem I see in giving up this years first for say Rockliff, is that we havent picked up a genuine A grade midfielder in the draft for a while now. We have some decent, promising types but no out and out guns. Given that any trades we get involved in will include losing our sub 24 yr old talent, we're at risk of selling the farm for a 28 yr old and placing a lot of vanilla grade sub 24 yr old eggs in our future midfield basket. In this draft, we need to grab a next generation midfielder.

Brisbane need players, not picks. I'd be more inclined to hang on to our first and send multiple players plus sub first round picks their way. We're in a complicated situation but we do have currency. Assuming Lyons goes to GCS for a 2nd, Id be bundling up Luke Brown and a midfielder (CEY, Douglas or Mackay) with our second rounder for Rocky. That may sound a bit light, but they risk losing Rocky for nothing next year, they need players and already have two picks in the first round this year. If Rockliff says "Adelaide" we hold the cards.

That will leave us with our first round intact, but still out of the second round. We will have a couple of thirds if Hendo goes FA, so all will not be lost and it is a fairly deep draft. I'd still rather have a 2nd, but I dont know how we pull that off.
Lyons is the only bloke we'd get anything of worth for. CEY and Grigg would be 3rd rounders at best and there is 0% chance either of Douglas or Mackay accept a trade out of Adelaide.

But if we get a great first round midfielder this year - it will 2019 before he is even the slightest chance of being an A-Grader of real influence.

Sell the farm now - take on the chin the fact we might have to drop down in a few years time and re-build. We have some amazing players that are in their prime now, we need to capitalise in the next 2 years.

But if we get a great first round midfielder this year - it will 2019 before he is even the slightest chance of being an A-Grader of real influence.

Sell the farm now - take on the chin the fact we might have to drop down in a few years time and re-build. We have some amazing players that are in their prime now, we need to capitalise in the next 2 years.
Well that's an option... not a very smart option but an option I guess :drunk:

This times ten.
We could wait another twenty years to have the same level of talent forward and back that we do now. Not capitalising on that talent over the next 3 years would be criminally poor management.

I doubt Brisbane would let us bundle up our trash (Luke Brown excluded, who in my opinion is a required player) for Rockliff. Those sorts of deals never happen
Im not so sure on this one. Brissy want him out, he wants us. We do have leverage here. They also want players, not picks, or else they'll go 0-22 next season. A quality small defender and a bloke who has proven he can play midfield at the level, plus a second round pick in a deep draft - I reckon they'd do that.

Why isnt it smart.. we are pushing for a premiership now... the team we have are not good enough ... we are looking for another a grade mid. How do you suggest we find this a grade mid with pick 14?
If you read my original post you'll see I have already answered your question. At a pinch, I'd give away next years first rounder, but if you know anything about this year's draft, you dont want to be out of the first round imho. I reckon we can get Rockliff done for players and a second, especially if he nominates us. When a player wants out, the trade usually gets done to his destination of choice, and it's usually for unders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, and who replaces JJ? Maybe Gov, but he's not a stay at home FF for mine.
Gov gets in there to a place he can contest more than crumb. His straight up lead and leap isn't being used enough. It is immense and elite and we aren't using it as he was a Deb and didn't get that conduit. Put another big like ROB or Dear if you want the forward Line to remain the same. Our forward line should evolve as well no matter how much we scored this year. Every team will work on defending us this preseason so why not mix it up?

Getting boring......can someone make up some rumours to get this place pumping?
After last nights's Brownlow speech Dangerfield realised that he really wants to play for the AFC. Has requested a trace back to Adelaide for 1sr round pick this year, 2nd round pick next year and Dean Gore. Done deal to Adelaide.

Confirmed by Mark Evans!

Gov gets in there to a place he can contest more than crumb. His straight up lead and leap isn't being used enough. It is immense and elite and we aren't using it as he was a Deb and didn't get that conduit. Put another big like ROB or Dear if you want the forward Line to remain the same. Our forward line should evolve as well no matter how much we scored this year. Every team will work on defending us this preseason so why not mix it up?

Honestly at quite a few other clubs McGovern would be their #1 key forward in a few years.

He has the talent, we just need to let him take the dangerous space.

Honestly at quite a few other clubs McGovern would be their #1 key forward in a few years.

He has the talent, we just need to let him take the dangerous space.
Precisely. Granted this year was his first so he got a third or fourth defender and it was more about ground work, but he should def be a lead up target IMO. The other problem would be his delivery service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back